Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

True Faith podcast hinted that the staff are sick of a particular player coming on as sub and not doing what they're telling him to do. Whoever that is, I imagine they're going the right way to be transfer listed under a manager like Rafa. Would guess it's Mitro.

Mitrovic or Perez possibly. Don't think it'd be Atsu who I think is the only other one it could be.

True Faith may be overstating things for hits like.

The main reason why Mitro isn't starting games is down to Gayle scoring, nothing more and nothing less. When Gayle isn't starting it's often Mitro, and when Gayle comes off it's usually Mitro replacing him. If Rafa had a problem with Mitro then surely we would be seeing less of him being the automatic choice for replacement of Gayle and Murphy would have had more of a chance?

w*** was a probs a bit harsh, but I don't even think he's been decent. He doesn't even put himself about when he comes on with 10 mins to go. He played the entire 90 mins against Blackburn up top and didn't have a single shot on target.

So he's had one quiet game against Blackburn and hasn't "imposed himself with 10 minutes to go" in the comfortable 2-0 win at Leeds and the 4-0 defeat of Birmingham? Fair enough like, hardly a damning critique of the lad though.

Agreed. Nobody knows what instructions He is given when he comes on for 10 mins at the end of a nailed on victory.

Knowing what we know about Rafa's philosophy, I would assume it is to keep things simple.

True Faith are an abomination. The fact that they have lucked out and met Rafa has given them an elevated status. Their magazine was full of dickheads from 70'-80's telling stories of how they smashed such and such at such and such game. I don't believe a word anyone of them says, and I doubt Rafa would leak information like that to anyone, let alone to a fanzine.

I'm sure there's reasons like. He obviously wants to start every game so I cannot see how it would benefit him to saunter about when given a chance. Only really Blackburn (which I never saw but going off reports) where I think he's started and hasn't got himself involved though this season.

I'm seem to remember him coming on at villa and having a half hearted attempt at getting to the ball or making a tackle just before they scored? I just can't see the guy featuring in a Benitez team playing at a high level.

I'm sure there's reasons like. He obviously wants to start every game so I cannot see how it would benefit him to saunter about when given a chance. Only really Blackburn (which I never saw but going off reports) where I think he's started and hasn't got himself involved though this season.

I'm seem to remember him coming on at villa and having a half hearted attempt at getting to the ball or making a tackle just before they scored? I just can't see the guy featuring in a Benitez team playing at a high level.

I cannot remember, possibly. I'm talking about starts though, other than Blackburn I don't think he's put a foot wrong.

True Faith have it in for Mitro it has to be said. Wouldn't believe a word they say.

Michael Martin ‏@tfeditor1892  May 8

At the same age Shola was much  better than Mitrovic. Don't know if his fan club appreciate that or not. Shola did score a few occasionally.

Michael Martin ‏@tfeditor1892  May 8

An average striker scores 2/3 chances Mitrovic had yesterday. Still, does some arm waving for the bairns so that's okay

Michael Martin ‏@tfeditor1892  Jun 5

I'm not a fan of Mitrovic - poor mobility,  not a good finisher and red card waiting to happen. Sell him if we can.

Michael Martin ‏@tfeditor1892  Dec 17

I'd shed no tears if Rafa sold Mitrovic and reinvested in quality to secure promotion and get us ready for the PL #NUFC

Michael Martin ‏@tfeditor1892  6h6 hours ago

For someone who apparently didn't like working with Carr's players, Pardew appears keen on signing a lot of them for Palace. #Mitro4Palace

Michael Martin ‏@tfeditor1892  Apr 9

I predict Mitrovic will be on the door at a dodgy Belgrade nightclub b4 he's 30.

Michael Martin ‏@tfeditor1892  Dec 8

Apparently Mitro loves #NUFC but has an agent trying to get him moves away. Funny that isn't it?

Michael Martin ‏@tfeditor1892  Dec 18

If Swansea want Mitro for £15m and his agent seems to have been busy looking 4 a move I'm ok with that if Rafa is #NUFC

Michael Martin ‏@tfeditor1892  Sep 20

Any coincidence Diame has played better with Murphy up top rather than Mitro?

Michael Martin ‏@tfeditor1892  Sep 13

I'm not convinced at all about Mitro but he can prove me wrong tonight.

Michael Martin is an utter cretin. True Faith is the worst fanzine going.

The ball came to him in to feet and he tried some kind of backheel which went straight to a Villa player and then they scored from that attack

I know Rafa is supposed to like his strikers mobile, based on Fernando Torres I wouldn't disagree.

But if Rafa doesn't like a strong CF then why did he loan out our only other mobile striker and buy another big guy?

Yeah Armstrong needed games for his development, so it was right for him to go on loan, but why replace him with a target man.

My conclusion would be that, yes Rafa likes to play with a mobile striker, but has a penchant for bringing on a target man to hold things up in the last 15. To preserve a lead.

I doubt Mitro will be happy with that role. That is maybe reflected in his most recent performances.

Tis a shame coz I loves me some Mitro.

The ball came to him in to feet and he tried some kind of backheel which went straight to a Villa player and then they scored from that attack

They scored from a corner didn't they?

Pardew will probably get the sack before he's allowed funds to buy another striker. Now I'm in two minds. I don't want to lose Mitro to Palace and at the same time I want the Palace fan torment to grind on for another year or so.

They scored from a corner didn't they?

Probably, you are generally good with facts. If so, the corner came from Mitro losing the ball. Not like the goal was entirely his fault or anything, it was just poor play

Funny how most on here seemed to be happy to have him rotated or as backup to Gayle when he was out injured and Mitro scored a couple of braces and did very well overall. After the Blackburn game where Mitro and everyone else was shit he's suddenly gotten a lot worse despite not playing many minutes. Might not be Rafas typical kind of striker, or your favorite kind, but it's ridiculous how some of you talk about him now as if he was absolutely shit suddenly.

Still not sure how people can write off a bloke so quickly who scored 9 goals in 34 matches at the age of 21 in his first season in the Premier League.  Is he as good as I hoped?  No.  He's clearly not crap though.

Funny how most on here seemed to be happy to have him rotated or as backup to Gayle when he was out injured and Mitro scored a couple of braces and did very well overall. After the Blackburn game where Mitro and everyone else was s*** he's suddenly gotten a lot worse despite not playing many minutes. Might not be Rafas typical kind of striker, or your favorite kind, but it's ridiculous how some of you talk about him now as if he was absolutely s*** suddenly.

He's not shit at all but if he's not getting much game time in the championship have to question if he will have a role in premier league. I agree he has done well and think he does have the talent, doubt he'll want to stay on bench for much longer though.

Long term you have to question whether Rafa favours a striker of his type or prefers pace up front. It's a shame for Mitro as he was desperate to succeed here, but I have to say I wouldn't argue with Rafa's preferred set up. Not because he's some Messiah who can't be questioned, because having seen his Liverpool side with Torres leading the line it's hard to argue against it.

Long term you have to question whether Rafa favours a striker of his type or prefers pace up front. It's a shame for Mitro as he was desperate to succeed here, but I have to say I wouldn't argue with Rafa's preferred set up. Not because he's some Messiah who can't be questioned, because having seen his Liverpool side with Torres leading the line it's hard to argue against it.

Did he play 1 up top at Madrid?