Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe he wants to work with better coaches than Peter Beardsley. I adored the guy as a player buy no one has a good word to say about him in his current capacity. Our setup has been incredibly amateurish for years.

:lol: Aye, that'll be it, the prospect of working with one of England's greatest players has forced him out. Any excuse.

He'll have left for the money. Nee doubt.

What Ron says it fair enough like. I know a few Dads of lads who've been involved in the set up and some coaches and all say the same of Beardsley, lovely bloke could can't coach.

Yep. Sums him up perfectly.

Guest neesy111

Maybe he wants to work with better coaches than Peter Beardsley. I adored the guy as a player buy no one has a good word to say about him in his current capacity. Our setup has been incredibly amateurish for years.

[emoji38] Aye, that'll be it, the prospect of working with one of England's greatest players has forced him out. Any excuse.

He'll have left for the money. Nee doubt.

Just because what a player has done previously means nothing when it comes to coaches.

Obviously. This 16 year old's decision reeks of greed though. Gluttonous little mercenary.

Possibly, but he may be looking at the bigger picture as well.

I know of a dad and he refused to put his kid in NUFC's academy despite both being supporters, went to mackems instead as it's a better setup.

Imagine being 16 and leaving the club you grew up supporting for a team in the same league. Screams utter judas c***. Hope he does f*** all.

Well Carrick did the same and it turned out very well for him.

Youth setup has been a joke at nufc for decades now.

Carrick was never at the club. He was sent to West Ham at school boy age.

Guest neesy111

Imagine being 16 and leaving the club you grew up supporting for a team in the same league. Screams utter judas c***. Hope he does f*** all.

Well Carrick did the same and it turned out very well for him.

Youth setup has been a joke at nufc for decades now.

Carrick was never at the club. He was sent to West Ham at school boy age.

Ahh, I stand corrected.

Everton actually give chances to players, not just cup games and usually give them a run of games or at least sub appearances.

They are often better players. It may well be the coaching but it's hardly like we've lost many youth players who've gone on to be much good and it takes a few years to turn this round.

No idea what Rafa has been like elsewhere in the development of youngsters mind.

If it's not the club's fault why aren't we having youngsters coming through of the required standard? Genuine question btw

Everton actually give chances to players, not just cup games and usually give them a run of games or at least sub appearances.

They are often better players. It may well be the coaching but it's hardly like we've lost many youth players who've gone on to be much good and it takes a few years to turn this round.

No idea what Rafa has been like elsewhere in the development of youngsters mind.

If it's not the club's fault why aren't we having youngsters coming through of the required standard? Genuine question btw

As I said, it may well be the coaching/development of the players. All down to the club imo. When I said they are often better players I mean at that stage where they are breaking through.

Getting to the point where I'm pretty underwhelmed by pretty much every player linked with us - does one season in the Championship really make us that unattractive? Or is it just that our recruitment policy is shit?  :dave:

Guest firetotheworks

We signed Ben Arfa last time, but that was a big shock. The rest of our signings were pretty underwhelming to dire. Ben Arfa was the shock, Tiote was a bit of a surprise package, and Perch had a decent season in 11/12, but the other signings were Sol Campbell, Shefki Kuqi, and Dan Gosling.

Gibson's 20 year old brother is with the club too. So the family have had experience of our set-up.

My uncle Jim once told me "If you can leave your home town, your friends and your family it will open your eyes and make you a man."

Guest ElCid

Getting to the point where I'm pretty underwhelmed by pretty much every player linked with us - does one season in the Championship really make us that unattractive? Or is it just that our recruitment policy is s***:dave:

Totally this and you're right but the so called transfer targets are massively underwhelming if true (some will be some not). Looked at the players playing tonight and honestly it's pretty scary how much dross was out there. I honestly think we are nailed on certainties to go down unless there is something coming out of the blue.

Gibson's 20 year old brother is with the club too. So the family have had experience of our set-up.

My uncle Jim once told me "If you can leave your home town, your friends and your family it will open your eyes and make you a man."

Only if your home town is Sunderland and your friends and family are a bunch of knobs, mind.

I left my hometown seven years ago and my balls still haven't dropped.