Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we have to sell Mbemba because no one wants Hanley then buying Hanley was a horrendous mistake.

Buying Hanley was a mistake. As was Gamez, as was Lazaar. As was Saivet. Riviere. The list goes on. Only squad buy last season worthy was Murphy,and you can see why hes been purchased fairly quickly.  Some of the players we have stuck with us will be pretty difficult to shift.

That's bollocks, Hanley would'be been essential if we'd had one more injury, same with Gamez. Murphy wouldn't have been needed if Gayle had been fit. Saivet, Riviere, yes they are shit players.

Im not sure? Obviously you need cover for injuries. But im not sure the outley on some of them was necessary. Hanley cost more than Clark. Its not about blaming Rafa as I bet Carr was behind most recommended targets. I just believe we could struggle to make any profit on many if we need to sell these players on, maybe even struggle to get the same back? I dunno? It would be a shame to be stuck with players we just dont need. Typically players like Riviere. ?

If De Jong can stay fit he could arguably be our best player. Granted I'm judging him on his time at Ajax but still. There's a very, very good no.10 in there somewhere. The sort of player we've been missing for years.

The timing is wrong to sell him unless we have a top attacking midfielder lined up to sign.

Guest palnese

Isn't it time to sign some more players soon, no? Such lack of ambition :lol: :(

We have to get rid some of the deadwood as well and that's easier said than done.

Guest firetotheworks

I wouldn't mind as much, but when we finally get the scraps of rumours on players, they're also the scraps of quality as well. Barely any rumours and on completely uninspiring signings.

I wouldn't mind as much, but when we finally get the scraps of rumours on players, they're also the scraps of quality as well. Barely any rumours and on completely uninspiring signings.

I think the come down from the end of last season has been horrific so far. We should have hope and be looking in good shape around now, and it just looks like more of the same, fucking a good manager off and willing to take risks on our safety again.

I hope it's just slow moving, but something niggles away that they are fucking us again

When the transfer window shuts, we'll get the "squad is good enough to stay up anyway" line.

With a bit of luck and good management it probably is. I can't be alone in hoping we'd be aiming a bit higher than that though, which is the reason for my disappointment so far. We're acting like we're aiming for 17th, not like we're back where we belong with a world class manager in charge.

When the transfer window shuts, we'll get the "squad is good enough to stay up anyway" line.

With a bit of luck and good management it probably is. I can't be alone in hoping we'd be aiming a bit higher than that though, which is the reason for my disappointment so far. We're acting like we're aiming for 17th, not like we're back where we belong with a world class manager in charge.

My thoughts also.