Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah we needed like 9 new players and we have 5 of them, it's still nowhere near enough and i doubt many other clubs needed anywhere near that much.

Not completely disagreeing with you, but Burnley have sold their star player and bought no one decent, Stoke have sold Aranautavic and barely bought anyone. I'm pretty sure even without signings our first XI is better than Burnley without Keane. If we can get three more good quality players we're in a good position. Brighton have basically replaced Stockdale and that's it. Huddlesfield have bought a couple of players but the only one I would have is Mounie, or Ince as backup and i'll reserve judgement on Mounie until/if we get a striker.

Yeah we needed like 9 new players and we have 5 of them, it's still nowhere near enough and i doubt many other clubs needed anywhere near that much.

Aye. It's why the whole 'other clubs haven't made many transfers' argument doesn't wash. We're in a different situation to other clubs.

Was it ever realistic that we would sign nine players?

It's what's required tbh, obviously realistic with Ashley is another matter entirely. With that said i'm not sure what paper said it but it was reported yesterday Rafa wants 4 more players.

We'll see if he gets them.

Aye. It's why the whole 'other clubs haven't made many transfers' argument doesn't wash. We're in a different situation to other clubs.

Was it ever realistic that we would sign nine players?

I'd be incredibly surprised if we don't end up with at least 7 new faces not including the youth and Atsu. We already have 4 and there's  a month left. We need to get rid of some players though.

Karnezis isn't bad. Would be a bit underwhelming though, but I guess our keeper signing has to be if we are really confident in Woodman long term.

Udinese have both Alex Meret and Simone Scuffet on their books, two of the best young Italian keepers, so they will probably be willing to sell.

Not completely disagreeing with you, but Burnley have sold their star player and bought no one decent, Stoke have sold Aranautavic and barely bought anyone. I'm pretty sure even without signings our first XI is better than Burnley without Keane. If we can get three more good quality players we're in a good position. Brighton have basically replaced Stockdale and that's it. Huddlesfield have bought a couple of players but the only one I would have is Mounie, or Ince as backup and i'll reserve judgement on Mounie until/if we get a striker.

I'll be shocked if most of those clubs don't go mental in the final week as is seemingly tradition.

Is he any good?

Very good shot stopper and a bit mental. Comes off his line in a flash and covers angles well. Not sure how well he can organise a defence or about his distribution as I've only seen him for the national team a few times. Was captain at some point at Panathinaikos so must have a bit of a brain on him.

Is he any good?

Very good shot stopper and a bit mental. Comes off his line in a flash and covers angles well. Not sure how well he can organise a defence or about his distribution as I've only seen him for the national team a few times. Was captain at some point at Panathinaikos so must have a bit of a brain on him.

Whats he like with balls in the air and balls lofted into the box by Pulis PFM types?

Is he any good?

Whats he like with balls in the air and balls lofted into the box by Pulis PFM types?

Not seen enough of him in league football tbh. He definitely likes to come off his line so I would presume he's comfortable coming for crosses.

Much rather Pepe Reina tbh.

Definitely. I would take Reina over any other keeper we can afford.

Still think (hope) that once we can get rid of Krul and/or Darlow, we might move for Reina, if his situation is unchanged (i.e still at Napoli, and not signed new contract).

Udinese experts oot in force :lol:

I watch and follow Serie A probably as much as I do the PL, in terms of matches and news. I wouldn't comment if I knew nothing about the player or the club - e.g. if he was a bottom half Bundesliga or Ligue 1 player.