Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we sign one genuinely significant upgrade like Jovetic then, imo, all of a sudden it becomes a not-bad window. It's still not ideal, and it'll have been reached via the most torturous (and potentially catastrophic) of means - but we'd look in a lot better shape. We'd have an upgrade at CB (Lejeune), an upgrade at CM (Merino) and an upgrade at CF (Jovetic). Would still need that goalie though.

If we sign one genuinely significant upgrade like Jovetic then, imo, all of a sudden it becomes a not-bad window. It's still not ideal, and it'll have been reached via the most torturous (and potentially catastrophic) of means - but we'd look in a lot better shape. We'd have an upgrade at CB (Lejeune), an upgrade at CM (Merino) and an upgrade at CF (Jovetic). Would still need that goalie though.

Agree.

We can still salvage the shitfest of this seasons transfer window with 1 real upgrade of striker.

In an ideal world I would love a keeper and LB but that ain't gonna happen, barring Ashley undergoing biblical proportions of a conversion in the next day or so.

If we can also offload Siem and even 1 or 2 others then, whilst being far from ideal, there will be some minor merit in it all.

Of course we don't get nice things so it's all moot probably.

I would agree, but the problem is, I find it difficult to believe we'll get someone like that here, and from Rafa's quotes he seems to have very little faith in our board either.

Jovetic is class but during the Man City era he failed to adapt to EPL and thus flopped back to Series A.  I hope this gamble pays off.

Not that it matters anymore since it sounds like Monaco are getting him; he played about 1150 minutes for City in league play and got 8 goals and 4 assists. Which is about the same as his time with Sevilla last season. So I think there is a whole lot more variable to it than just failing.

Fuck sake. Always getting hopeful of links to players like Jovetic and Correa, players that will improve us and that will get me excited for the next game, but the hope just gets crushed in front of our eyes in typical NUFC fashion.

Fuck sake. Always getting hopeful of links to players like Jovetic and Correa, players that will improve us and that will get me excited for the next game, but the hope just gets crushed in front of our eyes in typical NUFC fashion.

Did you really believe we would make a serious effort to buy him regardless?

f*** sake. Always getting hopeful of links to players like Jovetic and Correa, players that will improve us and that will get me excited for the next game, but the hope just gets crushed in front of our eyes in typical NUFC fashion.

Did you really believe we would make a serious effort to buy him regardless?

I had a shred of hope we'd buy someone who'd excite me, and get me really looking forward to seeing them play for us in the next game.