Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For me Sissoko wouldn't be a huge loss to the team. He blows more cold than hot and no one seems sure of his best position and as a result his inclusion often unbalances the whole side.

Even when he's blowing hot and cold he's doing a job and he never goes missing. Managers like that sort of player, they can make a game plan around his type. The only reason I would sell is because after a few years here he wants to move on. Fine, but that has to be at a price that suits us, he signed the contract and it works both ways.

Bournemouth are close to signing Lewis Cook from Leeds United for £6m, with the midfielder set for a medical on Friday.

Eddie Howe has agreed a fee for the England Under-19 international, who has one year remaining on his contract. Leeds had been hopeful of agreeing new terms with Cook, whose progress has also been monitored by Crystal Palace.

With Cook set to depart, the Leeds owner Massimo Cellino has insisted he will resist interest in the club’s young left-back Charlie Taylor, despite the defender having entered the final year of his contract and offered no indication he intends to stay. Burnley and Middlesbrough are considering bids of around £5m. West Bromwich Albion are also suitors for the 22-year-old and Newcastle United, rebuilding under Rafael Benítez in the Championship, are monitoring the situation.

Might mean we're targeting a left back

I always liked Haidara's attitude but he's got injury problems galore, the poor fella. Is Mbabu a left back or right back naturally? He seems to be able to play both.

I always liked Haidara's attitude but he's got injury problems galore, the poor fella. Is Mbabu a left back or right back naturally? He seems to be able to play both.

He's a centre back. Or was when he came here. Seems capable across the back 4...ideal rotational player for the coming season.

He's a centre back. Or was when he came here. Seems capable across the back 4...ideal rotational player for the coming season.

Always forget about Mbabu, think he's got real potential.

Same could be said for Siem De Jong.

I think Haidara is a bit lightweight, not much of a defender. Just personal view.

Really lack quality in midfield positions at the moment. Alot obviously rests on the futures of Sissoko Gini and Tiote but I am hopeful well be in for one or two should they go. I wonder how much well be hampered by the dead weight players filling spots.

Really lack quality in midfield positions at the moment. Alot obviously rests on the futures of Sissoko Gini and Tiote but I am hopeful well be in for one or two should they go. I wonder how much well be hampered by the dead weight players filling spots.

Yep, it's by far the weakest part of the team IMO.

My Blackburn-supporting mate says that Hanley is ' a bit of a baffoon, mind goes wandering sometimes but played well in a shit team, Duffy is the better of the two.'

Tbh I'm just glad to see us linked with players who are clearly being earmarked for their leadership qualities. It's the attribute we're most sorely lacking in.

Yep, it's by far the weakest part of the team IMO.

Shelvey should also be able to do a job in the Championship.