Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I always liked Santon. Thought he was classy on the ball, and canny enough defensively. Not great, but decent.

I never subscribed to the line of thinking that he was susceptible to shockers...I remember 1 or 2 but I never ever looked at him as a real issue in the team.

He was a total liability, defending was both arms behind his back, going forward the most predictable fullback in the league at the time, easy to play against if you watched one video, all he did was play leftback with a right foot, so every single attack would mean he'd have to check onto his right to provide a cross.

The only one or two times he played in a natural position, that should have been on the right side, and possibly midfield not defence was vs Wigan and a game he actually did ok and scored one of his few goals.

In all honesty was never a fan, but like so so many of our players he was not used correctly, that's my opinion.

I always liked Santon. Thought he was classy on the ball, and canny enough defensively. Not great, but decent.

I never subscribed to the line of thinking that he was susceptible to shockers...I remember 1 or 2 but I never ever looked at him as a real issue in the team.

He was a total liability, defending was both arms behind his back, going forward the most predictable fullback in the league at the time, easy to play against if you watched one video, all he did was play leftback with a right foot, so every single attack would mean he'd have to check onto his right to provide a cross.

The only one or two times he played in a natural position, that should have been on the right side, and possibly midfield not defence was vs Wigan and a game he actually did ok and scored one of his few goals.

In all honesty was never a fan, but like so so many of our players he was not used correctly, that's my opinion.

:thup: He was absolutely miles away from the guy he replaced. Didn't hate him, mind. He seemed to like the Toon.

He was never a right back. He looked okay there but he fucking cut in just like he did on the left.

He played under Alan Pardew man, no idea if he would have developed or not.

Seems like we have have changed the window cleaning company to Lee Ryder now instead, going by all the info he seems to be receiving from the club. I doubt he has been doing proper journalism. Seems to know alot more regarding possible transfers compared to before. Starforth even better.

Seems like we have have changed the window cleaning company to Lee Ryder now instead, going by all the info he seems to be receiving from the club. I doubt he has been doing proper journalism. Seems to know alot more regarding possible transfers compared to before.

"Seems de Jong likes this" :thup:

Assuming these deals for Hanley and Hayden go through, were else to people think we will be looking.

I would consider us finished, just replacements for Sissoko and Gini, and anyone else who may leave.

Yeah pretty much the same would leave us with a good squad too.

Krul

Darlow

Sells

Elliot

Gamez

Jannamat?

Mbemba

Lascelles

Hayden

Hanley

Mbabau

Dummett

Haidara

Shelvey

Saivet

Anita

Ginger jack :/

Tiote

Replacement for sissoko

Replacement for wijnaldum

Ritchie

Aarons

Mitrovic

Perez

Gayle

De Jong

I would look at selling Krul as we are well covered there and investing the money elsewhere. Would also like cisse rivière and gouffran out too and a real proven goalscorer in as even though I like them all I don't know if Mitrovic Perez and gayle  will score enough.

Give or take 1 or 2 players here and there leaves us with a 24 man squad of top quality for the championship.

Would end up with a transfer profit this window as well.

Assuming these deals for Hanley and Hayden go through, were else to people think we will be looking.

I would consider us finished, just replacements for Sissoko and Gini, and anyone else who may leave.

Think so too - replacements for those that leave.

Still convinced that Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Krul, Tiote & Cisse will be off. We need to replace those as well as bring in a few more bodies even if they are in the Hayden mould as our squad depth is awful.

Still convinced that Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Krul, Tiote & Cisse will be off. We need to replace those as well as bring in a few more bodies even if they are in the Hayden mould as our squad depth is awful.

You were right about Cisse.

Yeah agreed we don't have any goal threat from centre mid at the moment or anyone we can rely on.

To be fair, Shelvey is potentially the former, but likely not the latter.

Has he got a decent goal record? I can't see him busting a gut to arrive late in the box on the end of things. If he has his head on he will be quality next season in a deep role just getting his foot in and pinging passes.

Not sure what his goal record is but he certainly doesn't appear to be afraid to have a shot.

It's not about goal threat from midfield, it's overall quality. None of them are particularly good, assuming the ones go that we expect to anyway. I mean it's probably going to be left with Colback and Shelvey :lol: that would be the weakest part of the team by far.

I'd like another winger too if i'm honest.

Very impressed with our business so far. Must have saved a fortune already on wages for Colo, Cisse, Taylor, Townsend, Obertan and Marveaux. Great stuff and all needed to go.

Bringing in mainly British players on less money with room to develop under Benitez in the Championship. Not convinced they will all make the step up to premiership but you would hope they would at least be better players and have some sell on potential if they don't make the grade.