Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am not a fan of developing other clubs assets, Sunderland have tried that model for years and it's been a huge problem for them. Having said that with the market the way it is, no way even with 100 million we can plug every single hole we need to, so as long as he's the only one we are loaning then that's fine. Ideally we negotiate an option to buy, highly unlikely though that Chelsea will go for that. If they were prepared to sell him, I would pay money for him now, convinced the lad will be a big star.

So,have we promised him and Chelsea that he will be our number one striker? Quite concerning if that's the case.

I would hope not, unless Gayle is on the market.

Convinced him he'll get enough game time doesn't equate to being no 1 striker.

Exactly, not sure how people jump from game time to guaranteed starter.

I think maybe with Boro being considered as an option, where he would most likely be a guaranteed starter.

However I'm sure Chelsea, having seen him perform at championship level, will be keen to see him in the Premiership.

Quality over quantity.

I am not a fan of developing other clubs assets, Sunderland have tried that model for years and it's been a huge problem for them. Having said that with the market the way it is, no way even with 100 million we can plug every single hole we need to, so as long as he's the only one we are loaning then that's fine. Ideally we negotiate an option to buy, highly unlikely though that Chelsea will go for that. If they were prepared to sell him, I would pay money for him now, convinced the lad will be a big star.

So,have we promised him and Chelsea that he will be our number one striker? Quite concerning if that's the case.

I would hope not, unless Gayle is on the market.

sunderland's 'model' was to have half a dozen loan players in their squad, most of them the best players in it

very different from loaning 1-2 for key positions when you're trying to rebuild, as ronaldo has just said in the thread liverpool have done this themselves for example, juventus have loaned players from chelsea

can't see an issue