Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't really want Reina, i don't think he'll be much better than Darlow, i get the experience bit and he was a far better GK a few years ago, but now he's on his way down as a GK.

If we are to sign a new one, then aim for someone far better than just marginally better than what we already have.

Haven't seen Reina in years but i have a hard time believing he's only marginally better than Darlow tbh.

Been more than up to it at Napoli..

Which is fair enough, just me not fancying him like.

Wasn't it Reina that got done by the beach ball down against the mackems? If we sign him they'll be flying planes over SJP dropping them instead of trailing banners.

That said, he's still class and I think if we're assembling a young squad he could be a wise old head in the dressing room.

Guest reefatoon

This is saying a £10.4m bid for Semedo rejected, but we have people over there talking to try and push through

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-united-bid-for-sporting-lisbon-target-rejected-but-move-reported-to-be-gathering-pace-1-8573952

$40m release clause, have 10.

Yep, always try a cheeky bid first. Saying that, this whole "pay the whole sum upfront" stance we do can stand us in a bit of an advantage compared to installments, and could see us nicking players for a slightly smaller price too.

I don't really want Reina, i don't think he'll be much better than Darlow, i get the experience bit and he was a far better GK a few years ago, but now he's on his way down as a GK.

If we are to sign a new one, then aim for someone far better than just marginally better than what we already have.

Haven't seen Reina in years but i have a hard time believing he's only marginally better than Darlow tbh.

Is he any better than Krul? I haven't seen him for a while either, but hard to believe he's simply forgotten how to be a goalkeeper.

I'm amazed people are saying they don't want Reina, he's EXACTLY the type of player we need next season!  He's got loads of prem experience, is still a quality goalie for his age and is also apparently a massive character in the dressing room, which we're going to need particularly when a few results don't go our way.  His distribution is excellent aswell which will be like a breath of fresh air considering some of the keepers we've had recently.  Rafa will want to build the team around a solid defence so signing a reliable keeper would be a class start IMO.

What does 80% of economic rights mean? 80% of the sale profits?

Yeah, I think it basically means a 20% sell-on clause.

20% of him will be owned by a third party.

I'm amazed people are saying they don't want Reina, he's EXACTLY the type of player we need next season!  He's got loads of prem experience, is still a quality goalie for his age and is also apparently a massive character in the dressing room, which we're going to need particularly when a few results don't go our way.  His distribution is excellent aswell which will be like a breath of fresh air considering some of the keepers we've had recently.  Rafa will want to build the team around a solid defence so signing a reliable keeper would be a class start IMO.

:thup:  The idea of getting someone like that for a few million is smut to me.

I guess nobody is going to get anywhere near the actual release clause, if they want to sell they'll need to charge a normal fee.

Been reported that they will look at offers, and the release clause will not really come into play, as they need to sell players.