Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It is a really good fee, but a depressing scenario

What everyone is forgetting is the lad is refusing to sign pro forms with us if I'm following the story correctly therefore it's somewhat out our hands.

There was an article about this a few days ago.  If I remember correctly we have tried to get him to stay but it isn't up to us even though he has a year left on his contract.  He is free to leave and sign for Everton.

6m for a player that has never played a game for the senior team seems high to me.  He must be a hell of a prospect!

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lewis-gibson-newcastle-united-everton-13337473

Guest chopey

What everyone is forgetting is the lad is refusing to sign pro forms with us if I'm following the story correctly therefore it's somewhat out our hands.

Yip, plus if Rafa really wanted him he would have stayed

Guest firetotheworks

Brilliant fee that.

Seriously?

Yes, for a kid whom most likely would never make it here I think it's a great fee.

I would rather we tried to develop him than get a shit fee for him.  You must think like Mike Ashley if you judge our club and players on pure monetary value?

:thup:

£6m is nothing as well.

True, we've been shite at developing players, would hope that would change with Rafa though. Depressing that a local lad seemingly wants to leave.

That's the worst part, although it could be the agent in his ear telling he'll get paid far more elsewhere. Unfortunately hometown clubs mean nowt anymore when big money is waved at a local player.

Based on recent history Everton is just a much better club at developing and giving young players chances. Could easily be nothing to do with money

That's a very fair point, although i did say this the other day. Will Everton continue to give kids a chance when they're spending mental money to get to the Champions League. It's easier to put kids in when you aren't chasing anything and are nowhere near going down. Your point is a good one though, could just be as simple as you said.

Guest neesy111

Even if he is available for a free in a year, I'd rather we actually tried to convince him to stay than receive the fee for him, it sets an absolutely shit show of a message to everyone at the club.

£6m is going to affect us fuck all this season when we are going to generate upwards of £150m.

Guest palnese

Sorry but "we never produce any youngsters" is the absolute worst argument to justify selling one that's coming through :lol:

Ok

Guest neesy111

Even if he is available for a free in a year, I'd rather we actually tried to convince him to stay than receive the fee.

Is there evidence we haven't tried to convince him? Devil's advocate.

Well, keep trying.  Remember when Bernard wanted to leave and had joined West Ham?

Even if he is available for a free in a year, I'd rather we actually tried to convince him to stay than receive the fee.

Guessing he means over the next year, after refusing to sell him.

Guessing he means over the next year, after refusing to sell him.

Ah right Aye, misread. That route in all likelihood wouldn't work out for either club or player like.

Because of his age, he is only on scholarship terms, rather than a professional contract with the Magpies.

This means he is free to leave for a compensation fee, but more importantly, is free to talk with other clubs as he hasn’t signed professional terms at Newcastle.

The Magpies have made Gibson a contract offer but he is free to leave for Everton, should he decide to.

From the chron.

Because of his age, he is only on scholarship terms, rather than a professional contract with the Magpies.

This means he is free to leave for a compensation fee, but more importantly, is free to talk with other clubs as he hasn’t signed professional terms at Newcastle.

The Magpies have made Gibson a contract offer but he is free to leave for Everton, should he decide to.

From the chron.

Ah yes, should remember this from FM.

He wants to leave, we keep him for a year and get nothing or he leaves now for £6m? Don't really see what people are annoyed about in regards to us accepting the fee?

Everton are a more stable club with more money, better prospects, an academy with a recent history of bringing through young players and mosh importantly of all, a manager who has a track record of giving youngsters a proper chance.

I can't remember Rafa bringing through too many youngsters at other clubs in fairness but may be forgetting some obvious examples. The frustrating aspect of all this isn't the fact we're selling him, it's the fact our club is in the position where it's a no brainer for the player to leave.

If Ashley ever needed a kick up the arse about how good facilities, coaches and academies are beneficial in the long run, this is it.

:thup:

He can leave whenever he likes on his current deal. He's had his head turned and is obviously not interested in staying.

Not like we're out publically flaunting our youngsters for sale. Wanted to keep him, he's decided he's going so we can either agree a fee (with good sell on/additional clauses) or wait for the FA to award us £10.

He wants to leave, we keep him for a year and get nothing or he leaves now for £6m? Don't really see what people are annoyed about in regards to us accepting the fee?

Everton are a more stable club with more money, better prospects, an academy with a recent history of bringing through young players and mosh importantly of all, a manager who has a track record of giving youngsters a proper chance.

I can't remember Rafa bringing through too many youngsters at other clubs in fairness but may be forgetting some obvious examples. The frustrating aspect of all this isn't the fact we're selling him, it's the fact our club is in the position where it's a no brainer for the player to leave.

If Ashley ever needed a kick up the arse about how good facilities, coaches and academies are beneficial in the long run, this is it.

Sanity... be gone you're not welcome here. Flapping only.

Guest neesy111

Or how about we try to convince him staying at NUFC would be best for him?

From the chron.

Fair enough then. Still a shame that he apparently doesn't want to stay though, whatever the reason.

Guest neesy111

Then why are accepting the fee then and instead of going to tribunal?  Most tribunal fees go up, unless as usual we are bothered about taking the cash and then running.

Or how about we try to convince him staying at NUFC would be best for him?

Or maybe it will set the opposite example with potential school boys who see us as a club who will keep you regardless of your wishes and risk ruining your development - leading them to sign for the someone else from

day one.

From the chron.

Fair enough then. Still a shame that he apparently doesn't want to stay though, whatever the reason.

Mercenary scum, obviously.

From the chron.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see if it's just down to £££ or if its something else.