Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Keeper seems Rafa's next priority , which is whacked if you ask me, or maybe that's all a smoke screen.

I think it's fair enough really. We need another striker and a number 10, but if they fell through we at least have Gayle and Perez who at least has a season of playing well. Our goalkeeping situation is pretty shit whoever's played at the moment, so getting someone solid and dependable in would be great.

Keeper seems Rafa's next priority , which is whacked if you ask me, or maybe that's all a smoke screen.

I think it's fair enough really. We need another striker and a number 10, but if they fell through we at least have Gayle and Perez who at least has a season of playing well. Our goalkeeping situation is pretty s*** whoever's played at the moment, so getting someone solid and dependable in would be great.

It's shit because he's making it that way in my view. Krul is a perfectly capable number 1 in the PL, he's proved it over a number of years, Darlow is a fine back up, hell we've even been able to rely on Elliot in the past and we have Woodman of course who personally I think we should seriously consider pushing through. It's nowhere near a bad situation, unlike the clear weakness in CM, number 10 and up front, those should be the focus areas not wasting time chasing small improvements to the GK.

Because Krul was good once doesn't mean he is anymore, he was starting to perform worse and worse before Rafa and Rafa has had him out on loan for a reason.

Relying on players like Elliot is why we were relegated to begin with and Darlow is not "fine" as weak as we are at the positions you mentioned none of our goalkeepers are as good as Perez( who i personally don't rate that highly), Gayle and Shelvey.

Buying a GK is absolutely a priority, i can pretty much guarantee that come January we'll be talking about how we need a keeper if we don't get one. Luckily Rafa has the foresight to see that before it becomes a problem.

I think it's fair enough really. We need another striker and a number 10, but if they fell through we at least have Gayle and Perez who at least has a season of playing well. Our goalkeeping situation is pretty s*** whoever's played at the moment, so getting someone solid and dependable in would be great.

It's shit because he's making it that way in my view. Krul is a perfectly capable number 1 in the PL, he's proved it over a number of years, Darlow is a fine back up, hell we've even been able to rely on Elliot in the past and we have Woodman of course who personally I think we should seriously consider pushing through. It's nowhere near a bad situation, unlike the clear weakness in CM, number 10 and up front, those should be the focus areas not wasting time chasing small improvements to the GK.

Krul's really not as good as some people seem to think...as a shot stopper he can be OK however he doesn't command his area well, organise his defence, he's not very good dealing with crosses, etc etc. It's not a massive surprise that theres no Premier League teams looking to sign him up.

It seems pretty clear those traits above are qualities that Rafa values in a GK. Reina would be perfect in that respect, although seems unlikely still.

Guest firetotheworks

Hmm, well it depends on your perception. I disagree about our 'keepers. Woodman, Darlow, or Elliot at a stretch are okay as back up, but the they're not good enough to start yet and neither are Krul or Sels. Imo it's a pretty big priority and it wouldn't be a small improvement at all.

I think it's fair enough really. We need another striker and a number 10, but if they fell through we at least have Gayle and Perez who at least has a season of playing well. Our goalkeeping situation is pretty shit whoever's played at the moment, so getting someone solid and dependable in would be great.

I said it earlier on but Gayle is the only striker who you would be confident of getting goals in the Premier. If he gets injured I wouldn't want to be relying on Perez or Mitro like we did when we got relegated. A striker should be above the goalie IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

Gayle and Perez didn't click in the Championship. Perez absolutely cannot be our starting no.10 in the PL.

Thinking that it's not a priority over goalkeeper ≠ thinking it isn't still a necessity.

Get the feeling we wont sign Reina. I think he will end up signing a new contract.

If we get 5m+ for Darlow we should be in a decent position to replace him.

Gayle and Perez didn't click in the Championship. Perez absolutely cannot be our starting no.10 in the PL.

Thinking that it's not a priority over goalkeeper ≠ thinking it isn't still a necessity.

Yeah. I think both need to be huge priorities.

Yeah I wouldn't mind Reina here, but can't see Mike/Lee signing off another Keeper purchase until we can get rid of Krul and/or Darlow first, and preferably for decent fees, not just loans.

Yeah I wouldn't mind Reina here, but can't see Mike/Lee signing off another Keeper purchase until we can get rid of Krul and/or Darlow first, and preferably for decent fees, not just loans.

Darlow will join Boro, I think we are driving for a higher price and then it will happen.