Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Diafra Sakho +cash :lol: Heard it all now

They never use the guy though.

He's not coming here, and definitely not for a minus offer :lol:

Probably true, I'm going into a mental breakdown with the McCormack rumours, in the hope we get another target. I actually think we could go with most we have, Rivierre, Armstrong, Mitrovic, Cisse probably Ayoze still here.

Not really a panic to sign a striker if they all stay on.

I don't know if its just confidence, but the palace cup game apart, he really hasn't been close to scoring (we'll ignore that goal at qpr). that open goal home to west ham the season before last was just typical.

Diafra Sakho +cash :lol: Heard it all now

They never use the guy though.

I'd be gutted if we sold Perez, think he's got a very bright future. Don't care how much for.

If it's West Ham though, why not cash plus player, we get Diafra Sakho & cash for Ayoze?

Or I would seriously straight swap back for Carroll, would never happen like, but I would like to see it thrown at them.

Straight swap Carroll for Perez? :lol:

I was meaning id like that, not that I believe it.

I wouldn't want it to happen, wouldn't even consider it.

He's managed a run of games for the first time in years, but I seriously doubt his injuries are behind him.

A lot of the current squad could really do with a year in a lower league, so many factors to consider though. Age, likelihood of them staying for the long term etc.. if Rafa is gonna build a team going forward, he has to get the foundations right first. Perez and Mitrovic could really get a good partnership going so I don't really wanna consider bringing anyone else into that mix until the more urgent matters have been addressed.

These players in particular are the right age and right type of player to be the bedrock of the team, Lascelles to be captain.

Darlow

?????? ?????? Lascelles Dummett

Townsend ??????? ??????? ???????

Mitrovic Perez

If's and buts for the other positions.. I like Mbemba, but will he stay? Will he improve enough?

I can't see Janmaat staying long term so cash in I say. I like Anita but he's a short term solution, ultimately I think he should head back to the eredivisie, for his benefit as much as us, but he'll always be welcome back here. Wish more players had his attitude and work rate.

Shelvey can fuck off back to chemotherapy. Wijnaldum can do one too, I suspect he could end up being very good in this league.. we should sell back to a European team. Sissoko will be off, unless nobody comes in with a serious offer for him. He's probably our most valuable player so Rafa will only sell for the right price.

If we keep Aarons, start playing him on the left, or through the middle like against spurs.

Colback will never be quite good enough but he's enough to compliment the right player in the middle.

Tiote too old, but probably good enough for another 2 years.. not forward planning though. And no guarantee he'd be motivated like the last few games.

- the back and the middle needs to be sorted out before we start considering what forwards will be in the mix

Mbemba is the best CB we've had for ages, he's more than good enough and will improve just fine.

He may go on to be but he was very error prone for an awful lot of last season

We certainly need to add a veteran CB, but I'd really like to see a Mbemba-Lascelles first-choice CB pairing going into next season. Give them as much game time together as possible.

Well that's the thing, Rafa has to get it right, chopping and changing the foundations will do us no good for bein back in the PL. If Mbemba does stay, let him and Lascelles play together as much as possible, it would be the sensible thing to do

riviere is really hopeless.

Can he be any worse than when we had,Shola Hardwood Best and Lovern?

As last choice  he'd be ok surley?

They actually scored :lol:

Riviere is pure shite like. Unlikely he's good enough for the Championship based on what we've seen.

riviere is really hopeless.

Can he be any worse than when we had,Shola Hardwood Best and Lovern?

As last choice  he'd be ok surley?

'Hardwood' :lol:

Mbemba is the best CB we've had for ages, he's more than good enough and will improve just fine.

He was poor for the majority of the season at defending. Good central defenders make defenders look better. Truthfully, Dummett and Lascelles (when Rafa came in) made a bigger impact and played better.

He wasn't helped by partnering Colo mind. Don't compliment each other at all. But I don't rate central defenders esp in the PL that are poor in the air. You have to be otherwise exceptional like Colo a few seasons ago.

Very error prone? Really? I remember two clear errors that led to goals. For the most part, he was the least of our worries.

Not every error leads to a goal. He lost the ball in bad areas and got outmuscled easily on a good few occasions

Very error prone? Really? I remember two clear errors that led to goals. For the most part, he was the least of our worries.

Not every error leads to a goal. He lost the ball in bad areas and got outmuscled easily on a good few occasions

As did every other player in our under equipped defence. For me, he was one of our better performers.

I agree he was one of our better performers, just not our "best defender for ages"

Considering his age, first season in the country, majority of time with McClaren and partnered by Colo etc. I'd say he was pretty fucking good tbh.

There aren't that many 21 year old CB's come in and boss it in shit side like.

Although you have the Rafa factor in this but, the (few) goals we conceded when Chancel and Jamaal played together, rather than the (loads) goals Taylor and Coloccini or one of those with them. Rafa brings solidity but Colo and Taylor will never bring that as they're both hopeless, and our defensive record over the last few years tells you we've had a massive problem at centre back (as we all knew).

Chancel and Jamaal may not be the very best but i think Rafa has seen something he really likes and can build on with them.