Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not really impressed with the constant McCormack rumours.

At 29 not really someone I'd hope we considered.

Proven goalscorer with a strong assist record in his best age. Why not?

30 by the time the season starts, hardly the best age.  While he's proven in the Championship he's very unlikely to be able to make the step up if/when we're promoted.

Got to be better options out there.

Ings.... There will be 10+ Prem teams after him if he's available. I really don't see what's wrong with McCormack or Rhodes if we insist on signing a striker, although I'd rather stick with what we've got (Armstrong, Toney, Ayoze and Mitro). We don't need to go OTT to get back up.

We won't get back up with mitro Perez and Armstrong as our strikers, not enough goals!

Mitro's record under Benitez wasn't bad tbh.  I think Mitro will score 15+ league goals this season.  As a side well probably score twice as many this season or more so should expect everyones numbers to go up significantly.

Guest chopey

Scoring goals is my main concern for next season, if wini and sissoko leave, mitro will defiantly have a dry spell and cisse looked so bad last year he couldn't even control the ball.

It's probably a ridiculous shout but I would try for Bony from man city.

We won't get back up with mitro Perez and Armstrong as our strikers, not enough goals!

Keep seeing this. Abel Hernandez scored more for Hull last season than Rhodes and Nugent put together for Boro. Abel having a similar goal record to our two when Hull went down, Rhodes and Nugent being as 'Championship proven' as you'll ever get

Not really impressed with the constant McCormack rumours.

At 29 not really someone I'd hope we considered.

Proven goalscorer with a strong assist record in his best age. Why not?

He wasn't great with Leeds, and I just wouldn't really want him at his age.Yeah great as a back up for a few million but reports of 10-12. Naa.

We should look to offer Liverpool a part ex for Gini on Ings if there is any truth in the rumours Liverpool & Chelsea or Roma are looking....

Not buying McCormack because of his age is exactly the kind of thing that has seen us relegated in the first place.

Not really,no evidence of that. All this prolific crap in the championship means nothing. You could argue Shola was prolific in the championship, when we were down there wasn't it a three horse race who would finish top scorer for us? Between Carroll Nolan and Shola, Shola played the least games through injury so who knows if he would have out scored the other two. It was Nolan in the end who scored the most.

We will walk the division if we keep 60% of the team we have now.

I would love McCormack to sign if it was 3-4m but the reports of a 30yr old at 10-12 are stupid.