Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

16m for Mitro

15m for Perez

if rumours are true.....

31m for two players who don't really look like anything special in my opinion is a great bit of business. Rafa would then use that money to purchase better players.

Add in the fact we'll probably rake in lots of cash for Janmaat, Wijnaldum and Sissoko (At least 30m+) coupled with the reported 40m Rafa has to start with could see him totally revamp this heartless squad for the better.

I don't think Mitrovic should be replaced to be honest, he's one of the few who weren't heartless and despite his flaws he could be something special, Perez?, depends on his attitude and Rafa can assess that.  Janmaat, Wijnaldum and Sissoko can definitely fuck off for the right price though.  But in the end I suppose any of them can go if Rafa decides he can get better for their money, and yeah their's definitely good money to be brought in for several of our players.

Absolutely no one is bidding that at the moment though. No one rates him that highly. But if someone did come in with 16m it would be because they're daft and we'd be daft to not take it because it's double (edit: at least) his real market value.

16m for Mitro

15m for Perez

if rumours are true.....

31m for two players who don't really look like anything special in my opinion is a great bit of business. Rafa would then use that money to purchase better players.

Add in the fact we'll probably rake in lots of cash for Janmaat, Wijnaldum and Sissoko (At least 30m+) coupled with the reported 40m Rafa has to start with could see him totally revamp this heartless squad for the better.

40m? Never heard that anywhere.

Realistically I'd imagine something like this, any player sales above, the same, and below, repay Ashley the difference, so Townsend for example could have a release clause of 8m already a 4m loss,but we sell Sissoko at 10m who cost 1.5m and gain a little back after refunding Ashley. Bit by bit Rafa will accumulate a kitty of cash, then reinvest through player sales, or keep the players who he allegedly was told and quoted to the press has no pressure to sell players. Anyone leaving this club therefore is because Rafa doesn't need them,they want out,or it makes sense with good offers and short contacts etc, high earners.

I would doubt he has 40m when Ashley claimed all the money was gone.

Ashley will be spending enough to get back up.  Not that he is known to speculate to accumulate.  But there is so much money to be had in the Prem now.  I think he will possibly even go over and above, to try and guarantee promotion.

Either that.  Or unlike last time, we'll keep a load of players on big wages.  In the hope that they're too good for the division.  TBH, I'd rather we ship some of them out and get some fresh blood in.  I can't see many of the so called bigger names, putting in 100% in the Championship.

People are forgetting that Mitrovic was one of the highest rated young striker prospects in Europe a year ago. A season in our shit won't change the way clubs sees his potential, full international by 21 as well. 15+ mill is easily realistic in todays market.

We should not take that, though.

How are we able to attract players that are better than 15m and 16m rated when we are in Championship?

exactly. its all good and well getting £15m or whatever for the likes of perez but who u going to replace him with.

Only player that seemingly cares and loves the club. Yet let's sell him... Aye, right. Fuck outta here.

I love the club I'd still be shite up front though

This guy is crap and needs replacing now as if we go up hell only need replacing then

16m for a carthorse is a no Brainer

Only player that seemingly cares and loves the club. Yet let's sell him... Aye, right. Fuck outta here.

I love the club I'd still be shite up front though

This guy is crap and needs replacing now as if we go up hell only need replacing then

I bet you thought Ben Arfa should track back more as well.

More Mitrovic hate going on in here as well then. He scored 9, yes he missed some good chances and could have scored more but it was his first season as a 21 year old in a new country, he was playing for a shit team, he scored in some big games towards the end of the season (Norwich away, Sunderland at home) and showed more heart and character than the majority of the squad. He got sent off twice - he's young and you've got to hope he'll learn. Fucking ridiculous the stick he is getting to be honest, he's the least of our problems.

More Mitrovic hate going on in here as well then. He scored 9, yes he missed some good chances and could have scored more but it was his first season as a 21 year old in a new country, he was playing for a s*** team, he scored in some big games towards the end of the season (Norwich away, Sunderland at home) and showed more heart and character than the majority of the squad. He got sent off twice - he's young and you've got to hope he'll learn. f***ing ridiculous the stick he is getting to be honest, he's the least of our problems.

You could use the same argument for Wijnaldum, he scored more and was second highest assists, first season. But gets nailed for poor away form etc. There's no argument for him lacking in matches but so have so many others, Sissoko plays half a season if that, Shelvey couldn't be arsed, Colback gets commended for just running around acting busy?

I'd say Wijnaldum is probably one of the better players this season along with Mitrovic, Mbemba, Lascelles,

So many others were bang average or not arsed. Ayoze love the guy but he was a shadow of his first season, looked slow lazy and off sorts, ones who need to f*ck.off are Colo,Cisse,Colback,Janmaat,Sissoko, etc.

Gini will 90% leave but I'd keep him over all the other bums.

Only problem with Mitro is his pace. With good delivery from the wings he will "rip" the league apart and get around 20 goals.

He will only get better if he can control his weight and temper. He can´t easily be replaced for cheap money and we can´t attract better players of his type.

He still have a lot of potential and i hope he will be here when we win promotion, older and more goals in his bag. Maybe not first choice after promotion but a great option to have.

Hope he is here for many years!

How are we able to attract players that are better than 15m and 16m rated when we are in Championship?

It all seems very quiet on the transfer front. I suppose the good thing is that we already have a team good enough to do the business. We don't really need to buy strikers unless  one leaves.

Only player that seemingly cares and loves the club. Yet let's sell him... Aye, right. f*** outta here.

I love the club I'd still be s**** up front though

He got 1 in 2 in a team that dominated a league similar standard to what he'll play next season. If he stays, he should be in a similar situation again, with the benefit of a season in the Premier League and now Benitez in charge of him. Why don't you feel he could score the required goals?

Only player that seemingly cares and loves the club. Yet let's sell him... Aye, right. f*** outta here.

I love the club I'd still be s**** up front though

He got 1 in 2 in a team that dominated a league similar standard to what he'll play next season. If he stays, he should be in a similar situation again, with the benefit of a season in the Premier League and now Benitez in charge of him. Why don't you feel he could score the required goals?

Biggest victim of the shit atmosphere, culture, mindset and results caused by years of inept coaching that has made everyone suffer. If we had finished mid-table he wouldn't have received half the flack he has on here. He is among a group of players we looked at to save us, as he clearly has the talent, reputation and price tag but didn't always deliver. Yet still managed to score a great return which would have been seen as promise had the team survived. To evoke more eye rolling and yawning I will bring up the age old..."Look at Henry in his first season adapting to the premiership" to go further see an Argentine that flopped at this club when it got relegated last time but went on to be an absolute leader and rock for the next 4 years. Hardly the first foreign player to struggle. I agree he has looked complacent and lost at times but I think there has been some prime scapegoating. Again not that he doesn't deserve some flack but I would be happy to keep him here next year, he could be instrumental.