Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we get promoted, they all would've played their part in getting us up, so I can't forsee many cloggers in the batch. It's not something to be worried about in the slightest.

Players raise their game playing for guys like Rafa, so you'd hope they'd at least improve over the course of a year. I don't see any huge gambles in our signings so far, they've not been too expensive and if they're not good enough they'll get shifted. Not something to worry about whatsoever.

Loads of cloggers play important roles in promoted teams

But are the mackems correct that we could be lumbered with a lot of championship quality players should we come up?

Of those we've signed I think Diame, Ritchie and Gayle can be solid squad players in the PL, with Hayden looking strong so far too with Gamez and Lazaar coming from top flight football, Yedlin having played in the premier league too.

But players like Murphy, Hanley, Clark, McManaman and there still being no guarantee that Hayden or Lazaar will be any good in the PL, is it possible we could be lumbered with championship players on long contracts, or would we be capable of shipping them on if they aren't good?

I think we'll be fine but something I thought I would get opinions from on here.

Could depend on their salaries as much as their fees. We've been caught out in the past because players just won't take the drop in wages. My concern with Hanley and Clarke is that we really could be developing and giving the odd chance to our youngsters as 4th choice. I'd have kept Mbabu instead of buying those both.. I'm OK with Atsu I suppose but the WBA winger, I'd rather buy in an up and comer to develop.

Take no notice of Mackems man. Why would we pay inflated wages to build a premier league squad to play in the championship? Get rid of a few like Colback, Murphy, etc... if we go up and replace with quality players

If we get promoted, they all would've played their part in getting us up, so I can't forsee many cloggers in the batch. It's not something to be worried about in the slightest.

Players raise their game playing for guys like Rafa, so you'd hope they'd at least improve over the course of a year. I don't see any huge gambles in our signings so far, they've not been too expensive and if they're not good enough they'll get shifted. Not something to worry about whatsoever.

Loads of cloggers play important roles in promoted teams

Exactly. You need the cloggers to do the dirty work at times and we'll hopefully have a good sized squad with variety to get us through to the end. Perch didn't become Perchinio overnight.. (though I'm sure he did actually, haha)

What I like about this squad also is that no one in the league are going to out muscle us.  The spine of the side looks strong, adding rapid pace up front and in the full back areas is crucial to that.  Add Diame to the mix and Mitrovic we look powerful.  Even the likes of Ritchie won't get shoved off the ball, no more flakey s***.  If teams think they can get the better of us physically they will be disappointed

I just think we're going all out to get a good Championship side, with the attitude that we'll worry about the Premiership if and when we get there.

A flawed strategy, but I don't know the alternative. It's harder than ever now for a Championship side to secure Premiership standard players.

I think there's a good backbone for a Premiership side when we get back up like, arguably better than we've had for a couple of years, and better depth. We obviously lack star quality but you'd expect us to sign that.

GK - Krul/Sels/Darlow/Elliott - Krul will probably go, we might need another No1 depending on how well Sels settles.

RB - Yedlin/Anita/Jesus - Seems decent enough. Anita looked good at the end of last year too.

CB - Mbemba/Lascelles/Hanley/Clarke - By all accounts Clarke is absolutely shite but the other 3 are no worse than we've had since 2011, and are still really young.

LB - Lazaar/Mbabu/Dummett - It'd be hard for Lazaar to be worse than the LBs we've had throughout the years. OK cover potentially in Mbabu and Dummett.

CM - Shelvey/Hayden - Weakest part of the pitch at Premiership level, could do with a couple in. Hayden is promising though, hopefully Shelvey matures.

Wings/AMs - Ritchie/Sissoko/Aarons/Diame/Perez - We lack a proper no10 and Ritchie is our only natural winger that isn't perma-fucked. Potentially Atsu too if we keep him.

ST - Mitrovic/Gayle/Armstrong - Need at least one striker of proven quality brought in, even if Mitrovic has a good season.

Our attacking mids and wingers are still weird, although Ritchie and Atsu balance it out a bit, the rest of the squad has a good shape to it though. We could shift the deadwood which I haven't listed but I don't think there's much need for a huge reshuffle. We need to improve in areas but more adding too rather than replacing.

But are the mackems correct that we could be lumbered with a lot of championship quality players should we come up?

1) who gives a fuck about the mackems?

2) I'll let Rafa deal with this scenario should that opportunity arise.

Most of the players we have bought have been for around a £5m fee and they'll be on Championship wages. Clubs only end up stuck with players when they've paid a high fee (so the club want to recoup as much of their original fee paid as possible) and they are on wages higher than potential buyers can afford. I don't see that being an issue.

Pete GravesVerified account ‏@PeteGravesSky  6m6 minutes ago

Pete Graves Retweeted Leroy

Atsu confirmation, while a big exit could trigger further incomings at #nufc

So either we have to sell to buy, or Rafa plans on using Sissoko if he doesn't go.

Rafa isn't even in the country today, so not sure if that rules out further signings. Obviously there are still people to work on deals, but is it unusual for them to happen without a player meeting the manager first?

Rafa isn't even in the country today, so not sure if that rules out further signings. Obviously there are still people to work on deals, but is it unusual for them to happen without a player meeting the manager first?

I guess we are done, and if we sell Sissoko and want to bring inn another player we know who it is, and probably already spoken to him/his agent.

So it wont be any rush signings tonight.

I'm sure Rafa has a mobile phone, wherever he is.

And a list of agreed targets will still exist, so Charnley can move if necessary as Rafa has already said he deals with the contracts, etc anyway.

If Sissoko stays, I think were done... but if Sissoko gets his wish and its sorted quickly, then I could see us try for 1 or 2 more before 11pm!