Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If they are willing to pay £18m for him then we'll get a lot more come this window. You can't deny he'd be mad to turn it down, but he might postpone any move until the summer. A year as club captain winning promotion is better than spending 6 months on the Chelsea bench.

Hopefully the club offer him a new deal with a nice big promotion bonus.

If they are willing to pay £18m for him then we'll get a lot more come this window. You can't deny he'd be mad to turn it down, but he might postpone any move until the summer. A year as club captain winning promotion is better than spending 6 months on the Chelsea bench.

Hopefully the club offer him a new deal with a nice big promotion bonus.

Think we could sign a lot better than him if we were to get £18 million for him.

Honestly don't think any of our lot will want to abandon ship, great team spirit, we'll be back in the prem in six months time and Rafa will have us competing in a couple of years time.

I agree. Can't see lascelles leaving.

How mad is it that we're in the Championship and are confident we won't be losing anyone to Chelsea.  :lol:

That´s rather optimistic.. If clubs like Chelsea comes calling I mean

Maybe you're right, but it certainly isn't anywhere near as clear cut as it was 12 months ago.

We have supposedly been scouting a few centre half and if we look like going up by January I wonder if we will look at getting a player in that position who would be signed to become our first choice centre half (with a neat 4 months to bed in)

Whilst this could be a Lascelles replacement more likely Mbemba is off if he couldn't make the bench this weekend and had hardly been seen since Wolves.

I don't think the club will do anything to risk promotion.  They are losing Mbemba for the ACoN so to sell Lascelles in January would make no sense.  If there were offers for him in the Summer and Rafa thinks he can find better, then he will go.

He is doing well at the moment but it has only been the last 6 months so he still has a lot to prove especially in the Premier League.  If he continues to improve, he will be in demand due to the lack of good English centre halves.

I am not sure of his contract situation but he probably deserves a new one now that he is captain and I bet many of his teammates are earning a lot more than him.  Maybe one with incentives based on promotion.

Lascelles isn't a top tier premier league defender

True right now but under Rafa, I have zero doubts he will become that, I'm pretty sure the change in Clark since he joined us has a lot to do with the coaching he's recieving. I've certainly not seen anything from John Stones to suggest he is worth the money Man City paid and that's your benchmark right now for young English CBs.

Lascelles isn't a top tier premier league defender

True right now but under Rafa, I have zero doubts he will become that, I'm pretty sure the change in Clark since he joined us has a lot to do with the coaching he's recieving. I've certainly not seen anything from John Stones to suggest he is worth the money Man City paid and that's your benchmark right now for young English CBs.

Zero doubts ? I have plenty. I think He#ll become a good premiership defender but zero dounts he'll be a top one, don't know wher you see that. As for Clarke, he's a decent defender playing slightly below his level in a team that dominates the opposition most of the time.