Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Funny how most on here seemed to be happy to have him rotated or as backup to Gayle when he was out injured and Mitro scored a couple of braces and did very well overall. After the Blackburn game where Mitro and everyone else was shit he's suddenly gotten a lot worse despite not playing many minutes. Might not be Rafas typical kind of striker, or your favorite kind, but it's ridiculous how some of you talk about him now as if he was absolutely shit suddenly.

Pick your toys up and calm down, nobody said he is absolutely shit. I think some (like me) just don't get the hype.

Reading the comments on Mitrovic, some saying he's been wank this season.

Id say i was expecting huge things from Ayoze Perez in this league, hes been totally below average.

Worse than Mitro imo.

I took the wank comment back, but totally agree about Perez.

Funny how most on here seemed to be happy to have him rotated or as backup to Gayle when he was out injured and Mitro scored a couple of braces and did very well overall. After the Blackburn game where Mitro and everyone else was s*** he's suddenly gotten a lot worse despite not playing many minutes. Might not be Rafas typical kind of striker, or your favorite kind, but it's ridiculous how some of you talk about him now as if he was absolutely s*** suddenly.

Pick your toys up and calm down, nobody said he is absolutely s***. I think some (like me) just don't get the hype.

I'm as calm as ever you space helmet :lol: . I didn't mean that you people literally say/think that he's absolutely shit. It's just that now out of nowhere it sounds like he's got much worse despite not playing at all (Blackburn aside where everyone was shit). As if he's just had 3 bad games in a row and and is now lower rated than ever by many one here. Rafa plays one striker and that one has been Gayle, and rightly so. Where's the hype? You think it's hype because some on here rate this young player and think he can do a good job for us, while also admitting he's got his weaknesses as well? He's done well for us more or less every time he's started this season. No one thinks he's a world beater or anything, that would be "hyped".

Funny how most on here seemed to be happy to have him rotated or as backup to Gayle when he was out injured and Mitro scored a couple of braces and did very well overall. After the Blackburn game where Mitro and everyone else was s*** he's suddenly gotten a lot worse despite not playing many minutes. Might not be Rafas typical kind of striker, or your favorite kind, but it's ridiculous how some of you talk about him now as if he was absolutely s*** suddenly.

Pick your toys up and calm down, nobody said he is absolutely s***. I think some (like me) just don't get the hype.

I'm as calm as ever you space helmet :lol: . I didn't mean that you people literally say/think that he's absolutely shit. It's just that now out of nowhere it sounds like he's got much worse despite not playing at all (Blackburn aside where everyone was shit). As if he's just had 3 bad games in a row and and is now lower rated than ever by many one here. Rafa plays one striker and that one has been Gayle, and rightly so. Where's the hype? You think it's hype because some on here rate this young player and think he can do a good job for us, while also admitting he's got his weaknesses as well? He's done well for us more or less every time he's started this season. No one thinks he's a world beater or anything, that would be "hyped".

Who here is being too hard on him?

He's another a bit one paced, left footer who likes to play on the right. Too similar to Ritchie IMO, and kicking on 30.

I mean, he's obviously an extremely good Championship player, but I'd not be keen for above reasons. Need somebody who's more natural on the left and can show a fullback a clean pair of heels.

West Ham have supposedly sent a letter begging the top 5 teams for any young fringe players on loan eg Rashford.

If any of those clubs were willing the player might be better off coming to us for six months.

We could do with more wingers that are reliant on pace.

Why? I've never really bought into this argument. It's the moments of quality that separate players in this league. There's plenty of mediocre championship wingers that have loads of pace, but wouldn't improve our side in the slightest.

Snodgrass would be another sound signing, who understands the league better than most.

Snodgrass would be decent for a couple of years. He's a very good player at this level and a decent one in the premiership.

Loftus-Cheek would be another show of intention from Rafa to buy young talent for these shores, especially English talent. He has a lot of promise and certainly looks the part.

Snodgrass would be decent for a couple of years. He's a very good player at this level and a decent one in the premiership.

Loftus-Cheek would be another show of intention from Rafa to buy young talent for these shores, especially English talent. He has a lot of promise and certainly looks the part.

Agreed. Can you see Chelsea letting him go on a perm? I'd say there's 0 chance like

We could do with more wingers that are reliant on pace.

Why? I've never really bought into this argument. It's the moments of quality that separate players in this league. There's plenty of mediocre championship wingers that have loads of pace, but wouldn't improve our side in the slightest.

Snodgrass would be another sound signing, who understands the league better than most.

I mean't in the long term, I don't see the point in getting a qinger in purely for the Championship.  I would go out and get a CM in the mould of Shelvey though as we have no replacement.  I would be out there now trying to bring someone in on loan as I am sure Rafa probably is.

I mean't in the long term, I don't see the point in getting a qinger in purely for the Championship.  I would go out and get a CM in the mould of Shelvey though as we have no replacement.  I would be out there now trying to bring someone in on loan as I am sure Rafa probably is.

Yeah I know where you're coming from. I just feel its easier said than done to find a player with the quality of Shelvey, for example, that would be willing to step down. I'm sure the pull of Rafa and our current league position will be an attraction to current prem players not getting regular game time but we'll see. Whatever happens I'll be trusting Rafa to make the right choices!

Agreed. Can you see Chelsea letting him go on a perm? I'd say there's 0 chance like

I reckon so. Young players don't get chances at Chelsea and anyone with a brain knows that. He might be one of their more valuable young players but that just might mean we need to stump up more cash.

Hopefully we have good relations with them over the Atsu deal.