Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cleverley and Downing will go elsewhere according to the Northern Echo too.

Not that fussed about Cleverly, he would only be cover for Shelvey in any case. We desperately need someone in as an alternative attacking CM though. On loan Cleverly would have been ideal.

What is concerning about that?

That we haven't what we are doing yet even though we are pretty desperate for players.

Regardless of current league position, and the manager, he always said he'd be looking at players able to make the step up next season, or play at that level... his targets probably include established top flight players too.

It's probably still a stretch to get the players he might want to (potentially) drop a division, whilst promotion (whilst likely) is still far from certain.

Also, I have no issue with bringing lower targets in on loans to do the job for the rest of this season if he cant get his first choices, and wait till summer to see where we are, and then go for the permanent targets.

What is concerning about that?

That we haven't what we are doing yet even though we are pretty desperate for players.

When you're getting quoted £20M for players int he Championship, It's no wonder we havn't signed anyone yet. It's not concerning, it's just the way it is at the minute.

I wouldn't mind buying Cleverly for a modest fee. Finally get Jack out the team.

Do players in their twenties with 100+ Premiership appearances, caps for their national team, and English nationality move for modest fees?

They should do if they're Tom Cleverly. Que sera, sera.

I wouldn't mind buying Cleverly for a modest fee. Finally get Jack out the team.

Oh my sweet summer child...

:lol:

Seriously, I know it's tempting to get Jack out of the team at any cost, but I would imagine Rafa will have one eye on next season as well. When we go up we'll probably be looking to make some top class signings in all key areas of the pitch so you can understand why he would be more interested in a loan move for someone like Cleverly.

I was hoping we would have someone in place for the Brentford game so he doesn't have to pick Colback again, but that seems a little unlikely now. Surely there is someone out there that can do a better job than the local lad that we can bring in on a loan or a small fee.

Oh my sweet summer child...

:lol:

Seriously, I know it's tempting to get Jack out of the team at any cost, but I would imagine Rafa will have one eye on next season as well. When we go up we'll probably be looking to make some top class signings in all key areas of the pitch so you can understand why he would be more interested in a loan move for someone like Cleverly.

We are not up yet and on current form we could very well fall out of the automatic spots soon. We have to get promoted first and foremost, loans from PL clubs are our best way to fix the holes we have right now.