Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FutbolArena claims Besiktas’ negotiations for FC Porto’s Vincent Aboubakar have stalled because of the serious interest from Newcastle United.

The Turkish champions want Aboubakar to remain at the club for next season, as their manager Senol Gunes hopes to keep his title winning squad together.

Besiktas’ Umut Guner, who heads the club’s transfer committee, was in Portugal last week for transfer talks with Porto, but FutbolArena say Newcastle United’s interest has changed things. The Turkish website claims Rafael Benitez is very interested in signing Aboubakar this summer.

It’s also been reported Besiktas board are unhappy about Newcastle United’s interest in the forward because they believe they can’t compete financially with the Premier League side.

FutbolArena have reported Newcastle United are already in advanced negotiations with Porto regarding signing Aboubakar, and Besiktas are currently not in pole position to sign their loanee from last season.

Besiktas upset that they can't compete finacially with English clubs, looks like he won't be going there whoever he ends up with.

Don't like judging players based on those highlight reel clips but the lad does seem to have a nice touch. I like strikers who aren't afraid to run at defenders.

Going into the last year of his contract so looks like he will be available for a very reasonable fee.

This makes me think we will be interested.

:lol: Yeah, as soon as I saw that I felt the story was for real.

Plus we were interested in him when he first left France to join Porto.

Besiktas upset that they can't compete finacially with English clubs, looks like he won't be going there whoever he ends up with.

Don't like judging players based on those highlight reel clips but the lad does seem to have a nice touch. I like strikers who aren't afraid to run at defenders.

Some outrageous skill in his one vs one dribbling clips on youtube.

That Afriyie Acquah has supposedly confirmed he's on his way to england. We were the only club linked with him, as far as I can tell.

He's followed us on twitter n'all.

Some nob has already updated his wiki page.

It's not just that they've added:

Ebenezer Afriyie Acquah (born 5 January 1992), simply known as Afriyie Acquah (/æˈfrɪˈjiː/ /æˈxwɑː/ a-FRI-YEE a-KHWAH), is a Ghanaian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for the Premier League club Newcastle (who are 1 league higher than Sunderland as Bournemouth took the mackems down) and the Ghana national team.[