Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Theses new signings are Graham Carr.

Gayle & Ritchie the goalie, I just don't believe Raffa could have seen enough of Gayle or Ritchie to know anything more than even the average football fan.

I'm not saying they are bad signings, we will have to wait and see, but I don't think they're Raffa identified, and I'm still thinking Raffa is not 100% in total control.

Time will tell.

Comfortably the worst post I've seen on here recently and there's been some competition.

You really think Rafa (one f, by the way), hasn't seen two premier league players and a keeper  (who has a name *Sels*),  play before?

This bloke does his homework.  He's not Pardew.

Guest reefatoon

Absolute madness and giving Rafa a huge disservice. He lives, breathes as studies the game constantly, of course he knows who they are of course they are his signings. f***ing hell.

No way would rafa be signing players he doesn't know about imo.

It's just not him.

He joined us with 10 games left of a Season? Before that he had been off managing abroad, what could he have actually seen of either Ritchie or Gayle, Ritchie only recently playing Prem footy, Gayle hardly playing any Prem footy this season. You think he scouted Ritchie in the championship? Behave cause Carr's behind the pair, maybe the scouted evidence is enough though to justify Raffa agreeing they will work in the championship.

You can't be that naive.

Sorry if that sounds cuntish

Not cuntish, just moronic. You clearly haven't read a thing about Rafa or his player databases.

Still, the good thing about being completely wrong is that you still have a chance to educate yourself.

So top of his database was Ritchie & Gayle.

Ok genius.

Er, top of the database would be players we can't attract.

Gayle & Ritchie the goalie, I just don't believe Raffa could have seen enough of Gayle or Ritchie to know anything more than even the average football fan.

I'm not saying they are bad signings, we will have to wait and see, but I don't think they're Raffa identified, and I'm still thinking Raffa is not 100% in total control.

Time will tell.

Comfortably the worst post I've seen on here recently and there's been some competition.

You really think Rafa (one f, by the way), hasn't seen two premier league players and a keeper  (who has a name *Sels*),  play before?

Not what was said, I think Carr is behind them. Fine if Raffa rubber stamped it. But I still think more Carr than Raffa.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa has a bigger database of players than EA Sports, these players do not smack of Carr to me. Two are British for a start and the other a 'keeper...

Time will tell.

Not what was said, I think Carr is behind them. Fine if Raffa rubber stamped it. But I still think more Carr than Raffa.

So fuck? The main issue we had with Carr's recent signings were physical unsuitability for the league. Neither of these players have that problem and both have decent (or better) records in the division we're playing in.

You also discount the idea that Rafa has maintained a network of contacts over here who might well have advised him.

I'd like to think there was a decent cooperation between Rafa and Carr.

I know a few really don't like Carr but if Rafa can make best use of whatever knowledge he does have and the pair can identify a few decent players then that can only be a good thing.

So long as Rafa is happy with the arrangement.

Some absolute bullshit. Like Rafa wouldn't f***ing watch tons of game footage of the players he wants. Madness. Even if he didn't identify them he'll f***ing do his due dilligence ffs :lol:

Yes fair comment, I'm kind of claiming Carr has identified them, Rafa has selected them.

I'm sure he or someone still trusts Carr with something, or why is he still hanging around.

Just an opinion, cheers for the onslaught everyone, ?

Time will tell.

So f***? The main issue we had with Carr's recent signings were physical unsuitability for the league. Neither of these players have that problem and both have decent (or better) records in the division we're playing in.

You also discount the idea that Rafa has maintained a network of contacts over here who might well have advised him.

And the "not 100% in control" statement is utter horseshit as well.

Have a read back on the Rafa thread and see the posts from the Liverpool fans. They know the bloke better than us and it's clear that when they tell us about the man's character,  he is a man of utmost integrity.

Rafa would have been gone the minute we were relegated if he hadn't been assured he had cast iron control over every aspect of the club.

Time will tell.

So f***? The main issue we had with Carr's recent signings were physical unsuitability for the league. Neither of these players have that problem and both have decent (or better) records in the division we're playing in.

Have a read back on the Rafa thread and see the posts from the Liverpool fans. They know the bloke better than us and it's clear that when they tell us about the man's character,  he is a man of utmost integrity.

Rafa would have been gone the minute we were relegated if he hadn't been assured he had cast iron control over every aspect of the club.

Ok then. I'll sit on the fence a bit and see what happens.

Shearer has said similar comments in the media, claiming "he hopes he has full control but only time will tell".

Guess even the big man has doubts.

Time will tell.

Ok then. I'll sit on the fence a bit and see what happens.

Fair play.  Listen, I think this is the first time in a long time where we can put cynicism to one side and get behind the lads 100%.

Rafa has talked extensively not just about his database of players, but his contacts across numerous countries. He's managed in this country for years prior to going abroad, and so would still have loads of knowledge about the players here, especially as he always wanted to come back over, and so would have kept up on his stuff in England. Very short sighted to think he had no clue about these players.

What the absolute fuck? Rafa doesn't know Gayle and Ritchie because he was away in Spain? So if he had stayed with Real, then he wouldn't have bought anyone outside of Spain because he doesn't watch too much footy? Absolute garbage thinking man. It's not like we're buying 3 unknown, unheard names or youth team players. 1 plays for Palace, the other is a Scottish international while the keeper was the best in Belgium. 

Seems he's unnecessarily worried about Graham Carr still signing players. People need to let go of the Carr thing already, Rafa is clearly in charge of things, and if Carr has any input it's because Rafa is happy to use it.

Rafa has been meticulously keeping his database of players ready at all times. He still seemingly kept in contact with his global scouts and people who spot and identify talent he trusts. He's in control man.

No way would rafa be signing players he doesn't know about imo.

It's just not him.

It's just mind bending that there are fans out there that don't get this. But then people pay money for the daily Star so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.

Rafa is showing great awareness to the situation he's in by signing players such as Gayle and Ritchie. Players who not only know the Premier league but also know the Championship too and what it is about. I doubt we'll be seeing many French nobodies recommended by Carr at all any time soon.

Some decent fees being bandied about for us, in the Championship. £10m for Gayle, £12m for Ritchie. Wew.

£13m for Townsend and no doubt £12-15 for Sissoko. Swings and roundabouts. Only difference is we are buying before selling for once.