Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

It's a fucking joke we will be top 20 richest clubs in the world next season most likely and we can't afford to break our transfer record.  Anyone defending Ashley seriously needs their heads checking.

Sell-to-buy is not what Ashley said when Rafa agreed to stay like.

Exact quotes so no one has to go on that abomination of a website.

"Do Newcastle have to sell to buy?"

"They've got to sell to give themselves a little more money because compared to some of the other PL they aren't in the same ball park at the minute."

We obviously have to sell, because we have quite a large squad consisting of some very average players who should be shown the door.

But regardless of whether we sell them for a combined fee of 50p or £50m, we should still have the spending power to be spending more than fucking Bournemouth. There is absolutely no reason why we couldn't go out and spend at least £60m without the need for selling anyone like.

Do you honestly think Ryder has a clue what he's talking about?

Despite being a relentless mong, he's clearly pretty well connected with the club tbh. Has been for quite a while now.

Guest neesy111

Do you honestly think Ryder has a clue what he's talking about?

Chronicle have much better connections with the club recently.

If the club that finishes bottom of the Premiership earns £100m+ then it makes financial sense to 'gamble' that amount on signings to give the club a good chance of staying up.

Unlike some, I'm happy to pad the squad with quality loan signings (with no option to buy). Getting relegated has seriously weakened NUFC and put us at a financial disadvantage to current Premiership clubs. If we have to borrow to make sure we have the quality then so be it. We can't fix all the squad problems in one transfer window.

I'm hoping the Rafa factor tempts some players to join us who wouldn't have otherwise but it seems cash always wins these days.

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine throwing money at McLaren and withholding it from Rafa. I said it ages ago but it's basically talent offsetting

Imagine throwing money at McLaren and withholding it from Rafa. I said it ages ago but it's basically talent offsetting

Not sure if its a case of withholding but more spending what's in the pot. I think when mclaren was here we were quite well off, relegation massively set us back.

If we survive this year I'd imagine a decent kitty for Rafa next summer.

Aye, we base our transfer budget on the previous 12 months rather than the next upcoming 12 months.

Other clubs are spending their £100m now and we're spending our Championship money from last season. Which also explains why we were able to spend well last season. This summer we'll have the transfer profit from last season, minus any losses we made over the course of the season.

Makes excellent financial sense but absolutely atrocious footballing sense.

I'd want more than £5m like, he didn't cost us much less than that. He's a decent goalkeeper with a promising future IMO.

It was 5 million for both he and Jamaal, I think Jamaal was probably 75% of that fee.

it was around 7-8 mill i thought.

Great talent but thick as f***.

Hopefully Rafa could do something with him.

This. Can't say much as I've only seen very little. Seems like a player who's exciting to watch until he has to make a cross or pass.