Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Genuinely, the only closed mindedness that I've seen on here on anything has been from those who have traversed the mental gymnastics of ITKs and the media's full of shit, but Mike Ashley's not. At least have an open mind man, have you learned nothing?

Mentioned this lad weeks ago.Got the feeling nobody really rated him on here. He did superb in his championship spell off the back of a equally impressive loan at Coventry (whith Adam Armstrong)

Although he returned to his parent club and had a superb season.  And then continued to carry the form into the recent u21s tournament. You cant argue he's not been consistent or progressed over 2 seasons. Would be a great purchase.

Im sure if it is genuine legit bid/interest then many will get on board instead of thinking hes turd.

I honestly can't say I've taken much notice of him. However if he's performing for the U21's and did decent in the Championship last season and League 1 the season before, then for £8m-£10m he's worth the gamble, especially when you consider what the alternatives are for that price.

Genuinely, the only closed mindedness that I've seen on here on anything has been from those who have traversed the mental gymnastics of ITKs and the media's full of shit, but Mike Ashley's not. At least have an open mind man, have you learned nothing?

I have an open mind and I posted yesterday(?) about how Ashley will always cast a shadow of doubt amongst our supporters. But we don't need people posting constantly trying to fear monger old news reports every five minutes.

Lets digest the two "ITK" stories on this thread from tonight. They tell us absolutely nothing that we already don't know, other than a couple of extras in the first.

We don't need it confirming that Rafa is frustrated, it's been confirmed when Rafa himself (or someone close to him) notified half of the British press two weeks ago. He's not imminently planning on leaving.

As in nothing is happening in regards to someone signing in the next few days. Basically they are being awkward again, he's (Rafa)concerned we are losing the momentum feel good factor from last year. Citing business that other clubs and in particular Huddersfield (not the targets) are doing as something we should be doing. Get them in, absolutely no reason why we can't. Club are griping over paying for Reina he wants to come but we won't pay the money as an example I was told.

Based on the previous media reports of Rafa being frustrated at the lack of transfer progress.

"Nothing happening in the next few days" - well, based on there being no current reports in the media about fees agreed/personal terms discussed/medicals booked, that is not exactly such an outlandish comment.

Reina is a regurgitation of the media reports of us stalling the Navas deal over wages. *insert player name here* is stalled because of wages.

I've been hearing the same thing with regards Rafa for a couple of weeks now.

As we all have, as it's been in the media for the last couple of weeks.

Mentioned this lad weeks ago.Got the feeling nobody really rated him on here. He did superb in his championship spell off the back of a equally impressive loan at Coventry (whith Adam Armstrong)

Although he returned to his parent club and had a superb season.  And then continued to carry the form into the recent u21s tournament. You cant argue he's not been consistent or progressed over 2 seasons. Would be a great purchase.

Im sure if it is genuine legit bid/interest then many will get on board instead of thinking hes turd.

I honestly can't say I've taken much notice of him. However if he's performing for the U21's and did decent in the Championship last season and League 1 the season before, then for £8m-£10m he's worth the gamble, especially when you consider what the alternatives are for that price.

Is he a winger (if so, which side) or a forward? It says winger on some websites and forward on others.

Guest ElCid

Think that Murphy kid would be a good signing.

if shopping around the £10m mark then i think i'd prefer to see us take a few punts like this, sign some kids and hope the come good

The same philosophy has seen us relegated twice we need proven quality but that costs money so we play chanceville on the hope that one or two will make a good profit but that the majority don't come up to the mark until we eventually are relegated again. Rinse and repeat as that's the way the club operates and always will until the fat c*** eventually f***s off.

True but this time the players would be Rafa buys and not Carr's. But you're right, nothing will fill us with any confidence until the fat tit goes.

we would never have been relegated if we didn't hire s**** managers in the first place

Very true.

True but the point is a workman needs the correct tools to a good standard to be able to do the job properly and with Ashley in charge that's never going to happen to an acceptable degree

Think that Murphy kid would be a good signing.

if shopping around the £10m mark then i think i'd prefer to see us take a few punts like this, sign some kids and hope the come good

The same philosophy has seen us relegated twice we need proven quality but that costs money so we play chanceville on the hope that one or two will make a good profit but that the majority don't come up to the mark until we eventually are relegated again. Rinse and repeat as that's the way the club operates and always will until the fat c*** eventually f***s off.

True but this time the players would be Rafa buys and not Carr's. But you're right, nothing will fill us with any confidence until the fat tit goes.

we would never have been relegated if we didn't hire s**** managers in the first place

Very true.

True but the point is a workman needs the correct tools to a good standard to be able to do the job properly and with Ashley in charge that's never going to happen to an acceptable degree

Well i would say if it was Rafa buying players who cost the money Thauvin, Wini (who was ok), Mitro, Cabella, and even the smaller amounts on Anita, Riviere, Saivet we would have been better off.

But you're quite correct, with Ashley we're running a marathon on one leg and expecting to still be competitive with the best.

Genuinely, the only closed mindedness that I've seen on here on anything has been from those who have traversed the mental gymnastics of ITKs and the media's full of s***, but Mike Ashley's not. At least have an open mind man, have you learned nothing?

I have an open mind and I posted yesterday(?) about how Ashley will always cast a shadow of doubt amongst our supporters. But we don't need people posting constantly trying to fear monger old news reports every five minutes.

Lets digest the two "ITK" stories on this thread from tonight. They tell us absolutely nothing that we already don't know, other than a couple of extras in the first.

We don't need it confirming that Rafa is frustrated, it's been confirmed when Rafa himself (or someone close to him) notified half of the British press two weeks ago. He's not imminently planning on leaving.

As in nothing is happening in regards to someone signing in the next few days. Basically they are being awkward again, he's (Rafa)concerned we are losing the momentum feel good factor from last year. Citing business that other clubs and in particular Huddersfield (not the targets) are doing as something we should be doing. Get them in, absolutely no reason why we can't. Club are griping over paying for Reina he wants to come but we won't pay the money as an example I was told.

Based on the previous media reports of Rafa being frustrated at the lack of transfer progress.

"Nothing happening in the next few days" - well, based on there being no current reports in the media about fees agreed/personal terms discussed/medicals booked, that is not exactly such an outlandish comment.

Reina is a regurgitation of the media reports of us stalling the Navas deal over wages. *insert player name here* is stalled because of wages.

When the first reports of Rafa being pissed off were in the papers, most dismissed it as newpaper shite. I asked the fella I know after school (his kid is in the same class as mine) and had it confirmed that it was actually true and the situation was 'deadly serious'. Not ground breaking info granted, but the fella is very professional and guarded, not like one of Shepherd's sons mouthing off in a pub to anyone who would listen.

If you think that makes me some sort of attention seeker or ITK bullshitter then fair enough.

Genuinely, the only closed mindedness that I've seen on here on anything has been from those who have traversed the mental gymnastics of ITKs and the media's full of s***, but Mike Ashley's not. At least have an open mind man, have you learned nothing?

Point taken but my next few days comment is more in relation to what has been floated recently. The suggestion in the press is that something is close, Traore or the foreign central midfielder. And aye it doesn't take a genius to know Rafa might be pissed off but to get confirmation is genuinely concerning.

It's almost like Mike Ashley is staying true to what he's always done. Who would have thought it?

Writing was on the wall when there was no new signings by mid June with targets going elsewhere, speculation about bullshit Chinese investment, Mike Ashley's mate coming in to block, sorry I mean oversee transfers.

It's not September yet though :rolleyes:.

I'll repost my original thoughts from 8 days ago then...

These embarrassing "I know x, who told me y" ITK stories are f***ing grim and reminiscent to RTG.

If you're going to post s*** like that, f*** off and do it on Twitter with all the other morons.

The only embarrassing ones are those, like yourself, that can't abide that someone might hear some snippets from someone but, of course, is unwilling to divulge their source.

Jealousy most likely.

:clap: :clap:

It's all a matter of perspective, or lack of, but personally showing a 9 year old's level,of reasoning ('jealousy' ffs) and then applauding it, drops into the embarrassing category for me. Kid Icarus whilst obviously influenced by what has gone on previously (and why wouldn't we be) at least promotes keeping an open mind. Skeletor's post above steadfastly ignores the facts of normal June activity (us, others, past, present, Rafa included) and prefers a full on paranoid conclusion. I get that previous transfer windows (some of them) have been soured by what is pretty much universally recognized as a shit business model. There were promises and signs of change last year, more promises this year, personally I am still willing to wait and see. And to be fair, even if I wasn't what good would it do? Getting all angst ridden with unwarranted certainty about what isn't going to happen in the (near) future. What's the point in that?

Is he a winger (if so, which side) or a forward? It says winger on some websites and forward on others.

Winger on the Right, sometimes Left. He could have been tried upfront I dont know.

I do think it's quite daft when people seem to brush off these rumours as 'ITK s****'.

It's absolutely clear that Rafa will be p*ssed off at the moment and whilst I can't imagine he'd be anywhere near considering his future, it doesn't bode well for us in the mid to long term.

Nearly all ITK's are bullshitters. You or me could have claimed Rafa is fed up with the lack of signings so far and just said we know someone who knows him. We all know he's far from happy with the slow progress from the papers.

I've told Paully who my source is as I know him personally and trust him not to divulge that info. Hopefully he'll come on this thread and verify this.

He did indeed and he wouldn't bull-shit!