Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

f***ing get in there, we are now stepping up talks! Climb that ladder Charnley, climb that ladder.

:lol:  :lol: have to take it steady though, he's only got little legs.

FFS, Charnley man.

giphy.gif

The lad who shot that video lost his job if I recall :lol: Anyone who can find the original on Twitter the comments about the one on the ladder (I think) having an affair with someone are comedy gold. No winners shall we say :lol:

Would love to know how many options Rafa had and for how many positions. Given how meticulous he seems to be, I'm guessing there would be all kind of permutations on there too. If he had a couple of loans as preference for key positions (e.g. Striker and centre-mid/attacking-mid,  let's say Abrahams and Loftus-Cheek) and couple of high price options for other positions (e.g. Cairney) who have now fallen through,  I wonder how much mixing and matching he/they are having to do? And how far down the list they will have to go before we get to someone who wants to come and is available at the 'right' price.

Does make you wonder what that lawyer mate of Ashley is doing at the club.  No signings in January and suddenly even a deal for a player with a known fairly low release clause takes a million years to complete

Something's not right at NUFC again and it stinks of the same obstructionist tactics the fat man tried with KK.

It's pitiful how far we are behind other clubs, mind. All through self-imposed disadvantages.

Absolutely, the most annoying aspect of this is the fact that this is totally avoidable. Ashley seems incredibly risk adverse for a person who's said to be a gambler and made millions in business by taking the odd chance no doubt. It' all safety first strategy with NUFC, there is zero sign we'll ever speculate to accumulate under him, this is preciely the time to do just that, spend that TV money in advance, bring in a couple of quality players, keep your world class manager happy and maybe just maybe the club prospers and in the end your investment will yields bigger dividends.

Both Murphy twins appear to be solid talents. Can't remember which one scored a long distance cracker in one of Norwich's early league fixtures last season.

Despite the "he's not for sale" response (from Norwich) an 8m offer seems a bit low-ball to me, almost designed to fail.