Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

Will look forward to monitoring Murphy for the rest of this month, then stepping up to the "interested" phase come August. Ticker exploding excitement all this.

Yeah, it's starting to become a bit concerning now. I get that we don't want to be spunking massive sums of money on players we don't think are worth it but we knew there was a good chance we'd be going up for weeks before it was confirmed, you'd think we'd have done a little bit of leg work. There's still plenty of time left in the window but we're not exactly showing any urgency to get shit done and Rafa made it clear he wanted to get players in as early as possible so they could be involved in pre-season. Same shit, different day sadly

Guest taps01

I don't think we will sign anyone until we have offloaded a couple of players. Hope I'm wrong as I can see it being hard work offloading some of the players we are looking to sell.

Whilst I understand wages, what's the big deal about paying an unwanted player's wages for a short time as you try to offload him? He's not taking up a squad place if he's not assigned a squad place. Their agent will soon be trying to engineer a move away if that happens I shouldn't wonder.

Guest reefatoon

It's the way Rafa wanted/lined up those players in January and was blocked. If he wanted them then and there was a possibility, you would think it would have been first business and all sorted now. But we seem to have moved focus onto massively underwhelming cheaper options. All a bit strange.

Guest chopey

Take a knee fellas, Mike's been busy with his ridiculous court case but once that's finished I'm confident the new signings will roll in and our squad fillers will be off

By this time last year we'd brought in Sels, Gayle, Ritchie, Gamez and were a day away from signing Hayden.  3 signings followed in late July/early August, with another 3 in late August.

Definitely seems a lot slower this summer, especially given that the need for signings is arguably far greater as we need players for the first team as was so abundantly clear last season, whereas at least half of the signings last time were about fleshing out the squad and having competition for places all through the team.

Yup, starting to get moderately concerned. Rafa's clearly had a list of targets and so far we've only brought in one of those, Lejeune. Clubs around us and even in the championship are spending some big money, we appear to be treading water. Something has to change.

By this time last year we'd brought in Sels, Gayle, Ritchie, Gamez and were a day away from signing Hayden.  3 signings followed in late July/early August, with another 3 in late August.

Definitely seems a lot slower this summer, especially given that the need for signings is arguably far greater as we need players for the first team as was so abundantly clear last season, whereas at least half of the signings last time were about fleshing out the squad and having competition for places all through the team.

I'm also a bit concerned now (and hoping for significant news on at least one deal today), but just a quick input to say that we are starting a week later than we did last season date-wise. I know it only removes Gamez and Hayden being imminent from the equation and means that we're still two players behind instead of three, but still.

Yup, starting to get moderately concerned. Rafa's clearly had a list of targets and so far we've only brought in one of those, Lejeune. Clubs around us and even in the championship are spending some big money, we appear to be treading water. Something has to change.

All feeling a little familiar at the moment, ill hang fire about being pissed off until the season starts, then when the window slams shut, they've pissed about again all summer, lead Rafa and the fans along.  Until then I'll sit back and watch.

You see, I have no doubt we will sign 6/7 players. Its how far down the list we have to go and whether Rafa will have what he wants.

We need a flurry of signings, very soon. Something like Reina, Samaria and Murphy would calm everyone down. I still feel it will happen at some point.

Being a Newcastle supporter means that you must expect an apocalypse around every bend but we will see.

I'm also a bit concerned now (and hoping for significant news on at least one deal today), but just a quick input to say that we are starting a week later than we did last season date-wise. I know it only removes Gamez and Hayden being imminent from the equation and means that we're still two players behind instead of three, but still.

Areet, Colin.

All feeling a little familiar at the moment, ill hang fire about being p*ssed off until the season starts, then when the window slams shut, they've p*ssed about again all summer, lead Rafa and the fans along.  Until then I'll sit back and watch.

I'm the same and will remain patient, but there's really no excuses this summer seeing as they spent zip in January. It's been a year since any significant investment in the squad. (Apart from the Lejeune signing ofc).

Areet, Colin.

Clutchy clutchy

I think the problem is now every team try to milk money from any EPL club as much as possible and is quoting ridiculous price, when in fact only EPL teams in the world to not say a direct "Fxxk Off".  In a way, I understand that if we aren't patients enough to wait till mid August, those team will start to cut price and players we want will finally be available at a "expensive but not crazy" price.  Certainly as a fans we want signings ASAP but sometimes the quote price is simply unreal.

I think the problem is now every team try to milk money from any EPL club as much as possible and is quoting ridiculous price, when in fact only EPL teams in the world to not say a direct "Fxxk Off".  In a way, I understand that if we aren't patients enough to wait till mid August, those team will start to cut price and players we want will finally be available at a "expensive but not crazy" price.  Certainly as a fans we want signings ASAP but sometimes the quote price is simply unreal.

That's life. If we want to remain a PL team we need to start paying up.

That's life. If we want to remain a PL team we need to start paying up.

And the prices will be even more in future seasons, so by resisting now we will end up paying more in the long run (or keep extending our list of cheap buys that are too shit to play or move on!).

Guest reefatoon

Fucking get in there, we are now stepping up talks! Climb that ladder Charnley, climb that ladder.

Had some frustrating transfer windows in recent memory but this one, knowing that we need to add a fair bit of quality and knowing we have a man like Benitez in charge and not some useless cunt like Pardew who wouldn't achieve much anyways, makes this one the most frustrating.