Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

Absolutely loving July so far. It's a million mile an hour, can hardly keep up with all the business being done.

Cheers Craig Hope :thup: :lol:

He knows his stuff too so obviously bugger all is happening.

Aye. Even more worrying that all the news he gave was negative and not one positive tweet about who we might be looking at :lol:

We can't match liverpools demands for Ojo, that's got to be the low point of the window so far.

I am waiting for Gouff to re-sign.

?

In all honesty though, what on earth are they telling Rafa for him still to be here?

FWIW The Chronicle are saying that we are still saying we are in discussions for a number of deals, and have not closed the door on any targets yet. And generally since Rafa came in they've been fairly accurate.

Assuming Rafa stays, if we did no more business between now and when SSN declares that the window slams shut, do we stay up ? I think we do personally, because of Rafa. There is a lot of rubbish at the bottom of the PL and although our squad right now is not fit for purpose, with a quality manager we'll get enough points to survive, all depends on Rafa staying though. I doubt very much we are done, but if the start of the window is indicative of how we are to go this summer, then surely Rafa will not stick around.

I did warn everyone on here about the statement Ashley made right after promotion, that it was more worrying than anything else in the fact that he mentioned nothing about the TV money or previous profits made on transfers. If you look at our business so far it would back up that the TV money is going into running the club, while the 30 million profit last year seems to have gone towards paying for the expense of dropping. We have taken in 9.25 million from Thauvin, and spent 6.5mill on Atsu and 8.5 mill on Lejuene, factor in agent fees and we are around 5 million in deficit as of now. That is probably paid for by the new sponsorship money.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are "sell before we buy right now", and that we will see a fair few loan deals. Not sure why Rafa agreed to staying on these conditions and so quickly, if this proves correct, which I hope it isn't, then he'll be gone before the season starts, and we'll end up bringing Pardew back or something worse. Only NUFC could fuck things up like this !

The one good sign is that the pictures in training show Rafa to be in a pretty good mood, he doesn't look like he's on the edge, maybe there are a bunch of signings close but seriously when you see teams like Huddersfield completing a bunch of signings and we struggling over months to get one through the door, there is something not quite right, memories of the inactivity in January are still fresh. 

Assuming Rafa stays, if we did no more business between now and when SSN declares that the window slams shut, do we stay up ? I think we do personally, because of Rafa. There is a lot of rubbish at the bottom of the PL and although our squad right now is not fit for purpose, with a quality manager we'll get enough points to survive, all depends on Rafa staying though. I doubt very much we are done, but if the start of the window is indicative of how we are to go this summer, then surely Rafa will not stick around.

I did warn everyone on here about the statement Ashley made right after promotion, that it was more worrying than anything else in the fact that he mentioned nothing about the TV money or previous profits made on transfers. If you look at our business so far it would back up that the TV money is going into running the club, while the 30 million profit last year seems to have gone towards paying for the expense of dropping. We have taken in 9.25 million from Thauvin, and spent 6.5mill on Atsu and 8.5 mill on Lejuene, factor in agent fees and we are around 5 million in deficit as of now. That is probably paid for by the new sponsorship money.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are "sell before we buy right now", and that we will see a fair few loan deals. Not sure why Rafa agreed to staying on these conditions and so quickly, if this proves correct, which I hope it isn't, then he'll be gone before the season starts, and we'll end up bringing Pardew back or something worse. Only NUFC could fuck things up like this !

The one good sign is that the pictures in training show Rafa to be in a pretty good mood, he doesn't look like he's on the edge, maybe there are a bunch of signings close but seriously when you see teams like Huddersfield completing a bunch of signings and we struggling over months to get one through the door, there is something not quite right, memories of the inactivity in January are still fresh.

I'm not sure. We only drew with Hull last season when we were in good form and they were in their worst form.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are "sell before we buy right now", and that we will see a fair few loan deals. Not sure why Rafa agreed to staying on these conditions and so quickly, if this proves correct, which I hope it isn't, then he'll be gone before the season starts, and we'll end up bringing Pardew back or something worse. Only NUFC could f*** things up like this !

Rafa would probably leave though and I wouldn't blame him.

f***ing get in there, we are now stepping up talks! Climb that ladder Charnley, climb that ladder.

:lol:  :lol: have to take it steady though, he's only got little legs.

FFS, Charnley man.

giphy.gif

Just burst out laughing in a meeting!  :lol: (...as you can guess from fact I was checking N-O, not much to laugh at in the room!)