Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Murphy and Traore would be pretty underwhelming like. Traore looks like a headless chicken and didn't do much for Boro, and Murphy appears to be a promising youngster who is untested at the highest level. Very worrying if these are the wingers we're after / been reduced to signing.

Fwiw, just spoken to two Boro fans at work who don't want to see Traore go. Whilst admitting his end product is more often than not, pretty shit, they have fairly high hopes for him.

Watched an 8 minute long video of him for Boro last night. Unbelievable dribbler like, end product is shit at times but still created plenty of chances that weren't converted last season.

Fwiw, just spoken to two Boro fans at work who don't want to see Traore go. Whilst admitting his end product is more often than not, pretty s***, they have fairly high hopes for him.

They probably just think he'll eventually get better at it, based on what VI said about him before he went to Villa and the fact he's genuinely thick from a football intelligent pov i don't share the same confidence.

It's more of a hope thing than anything based on any sort of evidence.

You see, I have no doubt we will sign 6/7 players. Its how far down the list we have to go and whether Rafa will have what he wants.

We need a flurry of signings, very soon. Something like Reina, Samaria and Murphy would calm everyone down. I still feel it will happen at some point.

Being a Newcastle supporter means that you must expect an apocalypse around every bend but we will see.

So we first have to shift the deadwood before we can get tomorrow's dead wood? This is what you get when you refuse to spend the extra million for the likes of Aubameyang or Lacazette and revert to the likes of Mitrovic and Riviere instead.

Fwiw, just spoken to two Boro fans at work who don't want to see Traore go. Whilst admitting his end product is more often than not, pretty s***, they have fairly high hopes for him.

They probably just think he'll eventually get better at it, based on what VI said about him before he went to Villa and the fact he's genuinely thick from a football intelligent pov i don't share the same confidence.

Yeah, one of them also told me McClaren was the best manager they ever had :lol:

Guest neesy111

Yeah, one of them also told me McClaren was the best manager they ever had :lol:

That's true, he won them their only trophy.

Can't see the Murphy rumour being true at the £8 million price tag mentioned.

That might be the up front payment. I'd guess there'd be bonuses on top.

Still think £8 million, even if it is an initial fee is pretty low considering the ridiculous prices for young English players.

Hope it is true though, seen quite a bit of him and he is an exciting prospect.

Just been watching some Adama Traore videos. He is comically explosive. It's an absolute joke man.

However the lack of discipline is so shocking. Lost track of the number of times he was dribbling out past 3, 4 or 5 defenders from his own box. Just a complete waste of energy, not to mention a huge risk.

God knows how Boro were setup, but perhaps that had a lot to do with it, as there was no one to get the ball forward to with everyone sitting back.

If someone can get some kind of instruction to this guy and help him figure it out he will be a terror. Even just having him stay high up the pitch and encouraging him to run at people in the final third and not do so from so deep would make a massive difference and save him a ton of energy, which would likely lead to improvements in his final ball etc.

I'd be comfortable with the signing. I like the fact his initial development was in Spain. Would hopefully make it easier for Rafa to communicate what he wants to him. Guy has some scary tools.

Guest reefatoon

Murphy looks a very good player after a quick look. Seems full of beans and very attacking :thup:

Agree with that. Traore looks like a headless chicken in comparison. Head down, leg it then give it away. He would be infuriating.

Seeing the effect Rafa had on Townsend in those short few months, makes me feel a lot more confident in bringing in someone who may be a bit raw, and helping them figure it out.

We just need to sign some players man, so the manager can get to work with them nice and early.

Murphy looks exactly like the player we should be signing from lower leagues and developing into a really good squad player.

He does look good . Looks very effective coming in from the left, and boy do wee need someone to play on that side.

Seeing the effect Rafa had on Townsend in those short few months, makes me feel a lot more confident in bringing in someone who may be a bit raw, and helping them figure it out.

We just need to sign some players man, so the manager can get to work with them nice and early.

I don't think Townsend was raw, he'd done for us what he'd done when he played for England. Rafa just helped bring on his consistency.

Adama Traore on the other hand has no footballing ability to be able to nurture as far as end product is concerned, he's as much of a headless chicken as Obertan was.

Traore looks like he has far more technical ability than I thought - by that I mean, close control when dribbling etc and first touch, rather than his ability to play a pass which looks pretty average.

Murphy looks a very good player after a quick look. Seems full of beans and very attacking :thup:

Agree with that. Traore looks like a headless chicken in comparison. Head down, leg it then give it away. He would be infuriating.

Traore, Gabriel Obertan comes to mind.

I don't think Townsend was raw, he'd done for us what he'd done when he played for England. Rafa just helped bring on his consistency.

Adama Traore on the other hand has no footballing ability to be able to nurture as far as end product is concerned, he's as much of a headless chicken as Obertan was.

Yeah, there is some truth to that for sure. Townsend had performed well at times previously I agree.

We'll see. If Rafa does bring Traore in though, I just can't see him performing at the same standard as he has previously. What level he would ultimately reach though is difficult to say.

I know Rafa liked Sissoko, and saw him as a valuable piece, and maybe he is looking at Traore being used in a similar way. Both have great physicality, pace and workrate, though Traore is a more gifted dribbler.

Traore at least has a frightening ability to beat players and drive the team forwards, which Obertan didn't have.  Obertan was a headless chicken with a fear of running :lol:

No doubt Traore would be frustrating, but he could also be very exciting, in the right system he could even be effective.