Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Everton are just looking at the market and setting the price accordingly...in that regard, 25mil isn't really that unreasonable.

The way to get these prices to drop is for clubs to stop paying them. Which is difficult when the likes of City and Chelsea have no problem dropping 25mil on bench players.

Everton are just looking at the market and setting the price accordingly...in that regard, 25mil isn't really that unreasonable.

The way to get these prices to drop is for clubs to stop paying them. Simple as that.

Not really simple though. Clubs are under a lot of pressure to ensure they stay in the Premiership. Once one club starts paying, that pressure ramps up.

The way to get these prices to drop is for clubs to stop paying them. Simple as that.

Not really simple though. Clubs are under a lot of pressure to ensure they stay in the Premiership. Once one club starts paying, that pressure ramps up.

I'm sure Evertons survival hopes hinge on selling McCarthy for upwards of £20mil, like. Your point works for Siggy at Swansea, but this however.

Gibbs £12m to West Brom according to Jim White

Now this is completely unacceptable.

That is a transfer we absolutely have to be all over. Arsenal are always so reasonable with their prices man. For goodness sake.

Why on earth he would go to cruddy West Brom is beyond me. We all know by September Pulis will be playing centre backs at full back as he has always done.

How the f*** can you justify a £25m price tag for someone who clearly isn't first choice, having played 12 games last season. Bloody mental.

Because he's under contract, they can justify what ever they like.

They can ask, even demand, whatever they like for a contracted player but justify it ?

Surely it's the team spending it that need to justify it.

I wouldnt walk just because im struggling to sign average underrated players for 25m. Its a joke, I dont see the point in signing players for the sake of it. Obviously we need players, but if you get priced out of the market you just dig in together and do what other sides have had to do before us, Burnley, Bournemouth, Leicester. Think we need to move away from the english market its ridiculous. PSV managed to land Hirving Lozano for 8m beating off competition.

McCarthy for £25m(not that he'll go for that) is worse value than Sissoko for £30m

Is he not that good then? Never really took much notice of him, just wondering why we seem to be pursuing him for a while now.

I wouldnt walk just because im struggling to sign average underrated players for 25m. Its a joke, I dont see the point in signing players for the sake of it. Obviously we need players, but if you get priced out of the market you just dig in together and do what other sides have had to do before us, Burnley, Bournemouth, Leicester. Think we need to move away from the english market its ridiculous. PSV managed to land Hirving Lozano for 8m beating off competition.

Yup, surprised we haven't had more links with the Spain and beyond under Rafa.

I know the vast majority of links are the press making shit up, but was hoping he'd be using his contacts with Real etc. to get us some quality possibly overlooked by the rest of the league. As it stands, our buys have been underwhelming, and the players we've been linked with have been equally uninspiring or just Prem kids on loan. It's ummm, all a bit weird.

Ok so CM, GK, Striker all in the exact same priority.

Would you not go LB over striker? I think Gayle will do better up front than Dummett at left back.

Strikers are more important though