Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Once every thing is done with Murphy, I think we are set on the flanks now, with Ritchie, Murphy, Atsu and Aarons, I like that quartet a lot.

We are set a CB now too, probably need to let one of Mmeba or Hanley go, I'm hoping and expecting it's the latter one.

We need to resolve the GK position, although I honestly think Krul starting as number 1 with Woodman backing him up, selling one of Darlow or Elliot, is a perfectly acceptable situation. Obviously Krul's contract situation is a concern and they I think want a clear succession plan for Woodman to ensure they hang onto him, that's one of the reasons I think Rafa favours Elliot, who clearly is no more than a stop gap.

Both full back spots need looking at, I think Rafa will be content enough with Dummet, Haidara and Lazaar at LB (but he really shouldn't be in my view). But surely we need to replace Anita at RB, Yedlin, Gamez and Sterry, may get us through the season though at a push.

We desperately need to upgrade Colback and add some more quality and cover in that central midfield. I trust Shelvey and Hayden as an effective duo but the drop off from those two is extreme, I'm surprised we've not been making this a piority although I do think Saivet may be a useful squad member if Rafa trusts him.

Up front we look weak, Gayle I'm sure if fit and selected will score plenty in the PL but we have no like for like replacement that fits within the system Rafa plays, we need to bring at least one more striker in and let Mitro go either permanently or on loan. Murphy will be gone to a champ club before the start of the season. Perez is more a number 10 than a striker in Rafa's system.

The number 10 role is still the gaping need for me, De Jong did well at Hearts, but I just can't see him working out at Newcastle and I doubt Rafa does too, Perez ended the season well last year but he was too hot and cold last season in the lower league. This is such a vital role in his system and if we have to break the bank to find the perfect fit then we should do it.

In my view, we are still five quality players short.

We're going to end up with too many wingers at this rate.

And not one of them I would be confident of pushing us forward at prem level.

This is probably why, if reports are to be believed, that we're interested in a number of loans. We can't afford to overhaul the entire squad with the players Rafa would ideally want.

If we can fill some spots with loans we could apply more of our budget to other areas and also not be stuck next season with some players we need to shift.

Once every thing is done with Murphy, I think we are set on the flanks now, with Ritchie, Murphy, Atsu and Aarons, I like that quartet a lot.

We are set a CB now too, probably need to let one of Mmeba or Hanley go, I'm hoping and expecting it's the latter one.

We need to resolve the GK position, although I honestly think Krul starting as number 1 with Woodman backing him up, selling one of Darlow or Elliot, is a perfectly acceptable situation. Obviously Krul's contract situation is a concern and they I think want a clear succession plan for Woodman to ensure they hang onto him, that's one of the reasons I think Rafa favours Elliot, who clearly is no more than a stop gap.

Both full back spots need looking at, I think Rafa will be content enough with Dummet, Haidara and Lazaar at LB (but he really shouldn't be in my view). But surely we need to replace Anita at RB, Yedlin, Gamez and Sterry, may get us through the season though at a push.

We desperately need to upgrade Colback and add some more quality and cover in that central midfield. I trust Shelvey and Hayden as an effective duo but the drop off from those two is extreme, I'm surprised we've not been making this a piority although I do think Saivet may be a useful squad member if Rafa trusts him.

Up front we look weak, Gayle I'm sure if fit and selected will score plenty in the PL but we have no like for like replacement that fits within the system Rafa plays, we need to bring at least one more striker in and let Mitro go either permanently or on loan. Murphy will be gone to a champ club before the start of the season. Perez is more a number 10 than a striker in Rafa's system.

The number 10 role is still the gaping need for me, De Jong did well at Hearts, but I just can't see him working out at Newcastle and I doubt Rafa does too, Perez ended the season well last year but he was too hot and cold last season in the lower league. This is such a vital role in his system and if we have to break the bank to find the perfect fit then we should do it.

I think the Colback replacement is a massive priority, and that's why we keep hearing the price of McCarthy going up. I assume that's because we are still showing an interest. I think that might be one of those areas where we will spend big, although it might not be on McCarthy. I don't know what happened with the talk of Samaris, but it might come down to where we can get a reasonable deal on that position.

I think the Colback replacement is a massive priority, and that's why we keep hearing the price of McCarthy going up. I assume that's because we are still showing an interest. I think that might be one of those areas where we will spend big, although it might not be on McCarthy. I don't know what happened with the talk of Samaris, but it might come down to where we can get a reasonable deal on that position.

£25m for someone to rival Hayden's starting spot is a massive lump to fork out though, can't see Rafa dropping Shelvey for almost anyone to be honest.

£25m for someone to rival Hayden's starting spot is a massive lump to fork out though, can't see Rafa dropping Shelvey for almost anyone to be honest.

I'm not sure Hayden or Shelvey are guaranteed regular starters in the Premier. We won't pay £25m for McCarthy or £17m for Samaris. We might pay a lot less for one of them though.

The right sided Lazaar. He will be competition and hopefully rafa can work some magic on him.

Don't like we are working in bargain basement territory though. Will be disappointing if we are saving up to break our transfer record.

I'm not sure Hayden or Shelvey are guaranteed regular starters in the Premier. We won't pay £25m for McCarthy or £17m for Samaris. We might pay a lot less for one of them though.

42m sat in the bank or McCarthy and Samaris in our squad. More leaning towards the latter at this stage. Can't accept Colback getting game time at all.