Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clucas to us is gathering quite a lot of pace in the last 30 mins or so.

Where?

Nowhere credible (at the moment), probably one for the Twitter thread but it does seem slightly realistic.

Bookies have massively dropped their odds too, which may be the cause (or a reaction to it).

https://twitter.com/curtiswoodhous8/status/886641897107849216

Shift at the bookies' will be due in part to this tweet IMO - supposedly Woodhouse is quite well connected at Hull.

Clucas played out wide for Hull but to me he always looked more suited to playing in the middle.

What's his strengths and weaknesses? Don't think I've ever seen him tbh.

Clucas played out wide for Hull but to me he always looked more suited to playing in the middle.

Jack of all trades really. Good engine and work rate, decent passer, scores the odd goal.

Played left mid for Hull but would come inside to let Robertson attack, so I reckon he'd be better in a midfield 3.

Don't think he'd ever be a worldbeater but I do think he's the pick of that relegated Hull squad.

Jack of all trades really. Good engine and work rate, decent passer, scores the odd goal.

Played left mid for Hull but would come inside to let Robertson attack, so I reckon he'd be better in a midfield 3.

Don't think he'd ever be a worldbeater but I do think he's the pick of that relegated Hull squad.

Cheers mate :thup:

I really didn't like his attitude at times last year, but Hull were an absolute joke until Silva came so could understand him being fucked off and not putting effort in defensively. Head seemed to go down very easily at times, though.

However, hard to argue that he'd be any worse than Colback and with his contract up in a ccouple of years and Hull being in the situation they are he'll be a reasonable fee. Handy to have someone who can fill in a few gaps if needed, too.

It looks like we are signing a load of s*** tbh, trust Rafa but not convinced by the names being linked

Aye, much better buying big names like Wijnaldum and Sissoko.

I take your point but Manquillo and Clucas sound like relegation battle names. We need to aim higher, hoping Murphy is a decent signing and he seems to have a bit about him but not convinced at all with others. Could be a masterstroke of course and I'm more than happy to be wrong.

I guess we won't be signing too many players so I would probably go for a CM general who is good defensively and a more attacking one that can play as #10 as well. Ideally I'd like 2 new CM and a pure #10 but I doubt that'll happen. We're so weak in the centre overall.

Rafa, like any other manager has bought some crap in his past, but generally the wheat has outnumbered the chaff over his career. As long as we are buying the players he wants then there really is no need to panic.

Would love Gini back here.

He will be, to notch his first away goal in the PL.

However, hard to argue that he'd be any worse than Colback and with his contract up in a ccouple of years and Hull being in the situation they are he'll be a reasonable fee. Handy to have someone who can fill in a few gaps if needed, too.

Pretty much this, didn't think much of his decision making when I watched him either but if nowt else he can actually run about for 90 mins unlike the aforementioned. Pretty meh.

FWIW I'd not be surprised if Shelvey plays as the AM a bit next season.

Our fringe players will move towards the end of the window when clubs get more desperate. That's the reason we can't afford to wait around for interest in them.

I'm hoping Colback is a fringe player by that point and they dump him as quick as possible. Hanley, Murphy, Krul (I would keep) will surely find clubs no problem. Riviere, Saivet, How Lazaar,  may be harder to shift

Sounds quite similar to McCarthy but about £20m cheaper.

Nah McCarthy is actually a very good midfielder defensively. He tends to hide when his team is in possession though, never seems to want a pass, even though he is decent technically so perhaps that could be worked on. Clucas from what I saw wasn't great defensively but was always making himself an option for a pass off the ball

Clucas to us is gathering quite a lot of pace in the last 30 mins or so.

Where?

Nowhere credible (at the moment), probably one for the Twitter thread but it does seem slightly realistic.

Bookies have massively dropped their odds too, which may be the cause (or a reaction to it).

https://twitter.com/curtiswoodhous8/status/886641897107849216

Shift at the bookies' will be due in part to this tweet IMO - supposedly Woodhouse is quite well connected at Hull.

If Woodhouse is wrong on this one I'll rub sand into his dead little eyes.