Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So Kenedy to provide competition at LB, across the midfield, and as a LWB option if we do try three at the back.

A proper goalkeeper, a striker, and either a #10 or another CM and we'd be in decent shape all things considered.

If we get a striker I'll be happy. Absolutely nee chance we're signing another 3.

I reckon it'll be a striker now (and Kenedy) and that'll be largely it for incomings. I think a keeper might arrive on loan on deadline day if the right deal comes about.

yeah going into the season with gayle & mitro up top would be akin to putting 3 bullets in the barrell and starting to spin it

i think a striker will come in before the window slams shut

Are we really that skint though? The fact is Ashley and his advisers have maintained that we really need to offload the deadwood in the squad before getting new players in. Of course, we could just splash the cash that we've received like other clubs had we had an ambitious owner. But he's a c*** who wants things done his way and his way is that we have to offload first to buy. Don't think we're that skint like the fellas down the road.

Guest chopey

We need to do more to get rid of the players, every club will do it this year but it must be a pisser to an owner to pay players hundreds of thousands a month to be outside the 25 man squad.

If he'd flog them on the cheap and subsidise a part their wages it wouldn't be a problem. As I've said before, he wants the best of both worlds. Get a half-decent transfer fee and get their wages covered.

Don't know about the "half-decent transfer fee" - think we'd be happy to shift the likes of Colback, Krul, Reviere and Darlow for nominal fees. Saivet and Lazaar cost a few quid, and it's not unreasonable to want to claw some of that back.

Can't see Ashley countenancing the subsidisation of wages, at all. Don't blame him, either, on that one.

Promoted teams this summer;

Spent

Brighton £43m

Huddersfield £39m

NUFC £33m

Net spent

Brighton £43m

Huddersfield £39m

NUFC £15m

Unbelievable!

Extremely believable, you been asleep for a decade? :lol:

Promoted teams this summer;