Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A newspaper in Turkey said we wanted Ryan Babel on deadline day. I thought he and Rafa had a bust up when at Liverpool? No doubt a pile of pap anyway.

I am sure i read somewhere that this was just a twitter joke where some guys started a rumor and documenting how it took off or something.

I might have been dreaming all that, as i can`t find it now  :lol:

Find it hard to believe nobody has snapped up Sagna

Even for 1 years wages he would be an upgrade on many of our players

Apparently he wants paid in sterling, which is outrageous because we like to pay in sports direct vouchers.

Why bother with an agent if your a player?

Surely if a club wants to sign you and they find out you have no agent, they would be happy to bump up your wages/signing on fee considering they won't be paying a ridiculous fee to an agent.

Failing that just hire your dad/brother/best man to deal with all the phone calls and enquires about you.

Hiring an agent and being under contract with him for the next 4 years with him stopping you joining other clubs because he's not getting what he wants?!

Madness.

Because footballers are generally thick as mince and the club lawyers would run rings around them. An agent will get you the best deal and knows the ins and outs of things like image rights.

:thup: they are basically there to make sure players don't get screwed and to get them the best deal possible. Like them or not.

So agents make sure their client doesn't get screwed by the club, by taking twenty percent of his contract and a one off fee every time he moves clubs. Seems perfectly reasonable.

The standard is around 10%, but i mean they have to get paid or the aren't going to do the job. They don't just turn up one day with a player and go, hey sign for this club, thanks for the 10%

The standard isn't 10%. FIFA recommends 3% and most agents take about 5%.

I guess two wins and Ashley has got a reprieve from this summer's piss take with the majority of fans, they're no longer foaming at the mouth as much as they were - best not rock the boat, support the team, etc. The international break came at the best time for Ashley, he's got more cake than Kiplings - I had a feeling something like this might happen though. I still think it will all fall apart at some point and we'll get relegated though  :hmm:

I guess two wins and Ashley has got a reprieve from this summer's p*ss take with the majority of fans, they're no longer foaming at the mouth as much as they were - best not rock the boat, support the team, etc. The international break came at the best time for Ashley, he's got more cake than Kiplings - I had a feeling something like this might happen though. I still think it will all fall apart at some point and we'll get relegated though  :hmm:

That's the spirit.

That's the spirit.

I guess two wins and Ashley has got a reprieve from this summer's p*ss take with the majority of fans, they're no longer foaming at the mouth as much as they were - best not rock the boat, support the team, etc. The international break came at the best time for Ashley, he's got more cake than Kiplings - I had a feeling something like this might happen though. I still think it will all fall apart at some point and we'll get relegated though  :hmm:

That's the spirit.

Holy ghost!  :kasper:

Agents don't negotiate contracts, they hire lawyers to do that.

Agents have an important task - they separate the business and sporting side of things for the player. A player can focus on training and playing while the agent will take care of all business relationship with the club - relationship that's very complex in modern football. This is a valuable and important task, but the problem is all the perverse incentives that have emerged for agents, like the bonus payments for engineering transfers.

Fans complain about agents, clubs complain about agents, but I don't really see players complaining about agents and they're the most important people in this issue. I also don't see why fans complain about agents, they're only working for the players. The rise in incomes for footballers is a good thing, even if clubs lose money (which they generally don't).

Agents don't negotiate contracts, they hire lawyers to do that.

Agents have an important task - they separate the business and sporting side of things for the player. A player can focus on training and playing while the agent will take care of all business relationship with the club - relationship that's very complex in modern football. This is a valuable and important task, but the problem is all the perverse incentives that have emerged for agents, like the bonus payments for engineering transfers.

Fans complain about agents, clubs complain about agents, but I don't really see players complaining about agents and they're the most important people in this issue. I also don't see why fans complain about agents, they're only working for the players. The rise in incomes for footballers is a good thing, even if clubs lose money (which they generally don't).

Players gaining power vs clubs isn't a bad thing. But at the end of the day it's superagents like the Mendes and Raiolas of this world who end up wielding much of this power thanks to the sheer amount of players that they control, and that's not necessarily a good thing. See for example Mendes using Valencia as his personal shopping window for the players he represents, which has been brilliant business for him but terrible for Valencia. Atlético were in a similar position until Simeone put his foot down.

• 4 weeks later...