Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And Starsport understands significant progress was made earlier this week, as Magpies representatives met with Staveley in London to discuss Rafa Benitez's transfer budget for January and beyond.

The Spaniard will receive upwards of £100m when the transfer window rolls back around, with the club prioritising the need for a left-back, midfielder and forward.

Moves for Luke Shaw, Ross Barkley and former Magpies striker Andy Carroll were all discussed in the meeting.

While Benitez also wants to bring in Real Madrid legend Iker Casillas, to aid the development of younger players in the squad.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/655580/Newcastle-takeover-Exclusive-Amanda-Staveley-Rafa-Benitez-transfer-budget-Luke-Shaw

So 100m and they're still talking about Andy fucking Carroll coming back?

All 3 of those players are trash, mind.

Thank you. Fuck, if this is how 100m is gonna be spent, we're okay where we are :lol:

Edit: Meaning I don't believe a single word of this story. No way Rafa will splash it on those 3.

I’m curious as to why she would be talking to Newcastle representatives about Rafa’s transfer budget when these representatives would probably be gone in the takeover.

To find out who he targets were so they can move quickly in Jan, if a deal is struck.

If we are not playing the game of us becoming the next Chelski or Moneyster City, then I would be very happy with each one of Shaw, Barkley and Carroll, since I believe they all address issues in the squad and could be good under Rafa, if he wants them.

If we are not playing the game of us becoming the next Chelski or Moneyster City, then I would be very happy with each one of Shaw, Barkley and Carroll, since I believe they all address issues in the squad and could be good under Rafa, if he wants them.

All of then much much better than what we've currently got.

Pochettino's new book speaks about Shaw at Southampton, shows that it might not just be Mourinho with the problem.

3) He also had problems with Luke Shaw

Pochettino was left disappointed by the attitude of Luke Shaw when he brought him through from the academy at Southampton.

Although ultimately enjoying a good relationship as Shaw’s work-rate improved, the Argentine’s comments help shed some light on Jose Mourinho’s treatment of the young left-back.

“I felt his head was not in the right place to make the sacrifices and decisions that are necessary at that age,” Pochettino says.

Shaw had been frequently visiting London during his time with Southampton and broke a promise to Pochettino by continuing to travel to the capital after a long heart-to-heart. Suddenly Mourinho’s attitude towards Shaw makes more sense…

http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/10-best-revelations-new-book-mauricio-pochettinos-spurs/

All of then much much better than what we've currently got.

Carroll isn't, other two are mind.