Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Berahino ? Price should be lower and rafa should bring the best out of him , far better then what we have

Hasn't scored a goal in any competition in almost two full years. We'd be taking a big risk.

Guest neesy111

Is Berahino the most we've ever offered another club for a player? Didn't we bid £25m or something? [emoji38]

Possibly. Rooney bid was sizeable also whether it was real or not I’m not so sure.

It was real, northern rock were providing the finance for it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Is Berahino the most we've ever offered another club for a player? Didn't we bid £25m or something? :lol:

Possibly. Rooney bid was sizeable also whether it was real or not I’m not so sure.

Not from everything I’ve ever heard about it.

Definitely genuine. Even Rooney has said as such.

“If no-one else had come in I would have gone to Newcastle . I would have gone almost anywhere just to get away from David Moyes.

“There was only one person who seemed a bit upset and envious of what was happening to me - and that was Moyes.

“I suppose he expected to get most of the attention himself and following a good season when Everton had ended seventh.”

and Sir Alex...

“It’s a strange twist of fate that if Newcastle hadn’t come in for him he wouldn’t be here, he’d probably still be at Everton.

“Once we knew Everton were talking to another club we had to do something. We didn’t think he was available.”

Guest Howaythetoon

Fair enough. Always thought at the time we were doing Paul Stretford a favour smoking Man Utd out.

We were despite the quotes. I think FS’ son was an agent and worked for them at the time and they even had an office at SJP. No chance Rooney was coming here. Sir Bobby at the time knew what was going on and didn’t like it one bit. Maybe one of the reasons why he was sacked...

Guest Howaythetoon

I doubt Rooney himself personally knew the game that was being played. We put in a fake bid to get Man Utd to bid. FS’ son got a canny pay day and the rest is history.

Fair enough. Always thought at the time we were doing Paul Stretford a favour smoking Man Utd out.

We were despite the quotes. I think FS’ son was an agent and worked for them at the time and they even had an office at SJP. No chance Rooney was coming here. Sir Bobby at the time knew what was going on and didn’t like it one bit. Maybe one of the reasons why he was sacked...

That’s how I remembered it. :thup:

As we are talking about the ones that got away we apparently in for Fernando Torres at Madrid but went for Owen instead :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

That’s how I remembered it. :thup:

As we are talking about the ones that got away we apparently in for Fernando Torres at Madrid but went for Owen instead :lol:

I can imagine us looking at him and even going to their chairman with a daft offer like we did for Luque.

I remember when we signed Owen who I rated highly of course and was kind of OK we had signed him, but I would have preferred Anelka and thought that money at the time could have bought us him an Boa Morte who Souness actually wanted. I was actually kind of disappointed we spunked all that money and wages on Owen at the time. I remember myself and Wullie getting a canny bit of stick on here at the time.

Seems apt that we’re approaching the halfway mark of this transfer window and the most pertinent question being discussed in this thread is whether our bid for a world class player under previous ownership was real or not. Rafa’s not getting anyone to help the cause, is he? :dontknow:

Seems apt that we’re approaching the halfway mark of this transfer window and the most pertinent question being discussed in this thread is whether our bid for a world class player under previous ownership was real or not. Rafa’s not getting anyone to help the cause, is he? :dontknow:

The only crumb of comfort is there hasn’t been much movement from anyone yet in this window.