Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We know how it goes.

We will be pressing on, then frustrated, making progress. Then told the other team is wanting to bring a replacement in before selling. Then moving on to other targets, fake sensational last minute bids, go back in for previous player with more derisory bids then the window shuts with deafening silence from the club for the last 12 hours.

Next day late on messages of how we tried hard, manager seething, board frustrated they couldn't get targets. Markets is bad and too expensive which makes things hard yada yada.  Then a week or two later identifying then monitoring targets for the summer, scouting games for unknown players that never come to light or fruition. Drawing up two lists for stay up or go down. Both lists will then be on hold while contract talks with the manager hang over the clubs head, back to square one as window approaches.

It's the same thing every bloody January :lol:

Finally a bit of talk in the media about us not breaking our transfer record since 2006, and all of sudden we're bidding £20m for an unnamed striker. Aye, right :lol:

We know how it goes.

We will be pressing on, then frustrated, making progress. Then told the other team is wanting to bring a replacement in before selling. Then moving on to other targets, fake sensational last minute bids, go back in for previous player with more derisory bids then the window shuts with deafening silence from the club for the last 12 hours.

Next day late on messages of how we tried hard, manager seething, board frustrated they couldn't get targets. Markets is bad and too expensive which makes things hard yada yada.  Then a week or two later identifying then monitoring targets for the summer, scouting games for unknown players that never come to light or fruition. Drawing up two lists for stay up or go down. Both lists will then be on hold while contract talks with the manager hang over the clubs head, back to square one as window approaches.

It's the same thing every bloody January [emoji38]

Finally a bit of talk in the media about us not breaking our transfer record since 2006, and all of sudden we're bidding £20m for an unnamed striker. Aye, right [emoji38]

Followed by a "frustrating day" [emoji38]

Why is Shelvey worth £12m? More red cards than goals & assists I think this season? I know prices have increased across the board but just because once or twice a game he'll produce a Hollywood pass doesn't represent him being worth that much. He's not very mobile, is supposed to be at his peak, and can be a liability. I reckon Rafa could find better for a similar price.

I think he is restricted here. The role he carries reflects his goals and assists, not sure why people make the assumption he should be higher on assists and goals in a side that rarely covert their chances and he is played much too deep for him to get forward to get goals.

Really don’t get the easy way some on here are dismissing what Shelvey offers. You need a squad with different strengths; in our price range players with Shelvey’s strengths will come with some weaknesses. IMO he’s not the greatest athlete but he’s not the worst and his vision and range of passing is under estimated. It’s really not that easy to pick passes; if it was we’d have Diame and Hayden pinging 30 yard passes around.

Our other midfielders tend to largely play with their heads down and with a passing range of up to 15 yards or so. Shelvey looks for the more expansive pass, it isn’t always on and he doesn’t always go Hollywood, he usually doesn’t.

Rafa obviously doesn’t trust him but I don’t see any sense of letting him go unless we have a confirmed upgrade and that’ll be expensive.

Mitro with a point to prove for our relegation rivals is a recipe for typical NUFC irony we're all familiar with. Cue Lua Lua-esque backflips as he scores to keep them up.

I suppose he can't score against us at least.

Striker is Slimani according to the Mirror.

Would take.

Barely seen any of him so won't make a judgement. Does he play often for Leicester? Is his scoring record any good?

Hardly played for Leicester but had a good record before.

Guest neesy111

Leicester supporting friend wasn't too complimentary about him, first touch is absolute rotten although I thought he looked decent for them 1st half of last season. :undecided:

Would take.

Barely seen any of him so won't make a judgement. Does he play often for Leicester? Is his scoring record any good?

Hmm. Would prefer some of the other names mentioned but I'd have him. At least it's a striker more able than our current ones.

Can't wait to hear vs Burnley if we get him everyone to go mental at him after his first poor touch. Hounded out immediately. Soft forrin. Brexit means Brexit.

Would take.

Hmm. Would prefer some of the other names mentioned but I'd have him. At least it's a striker more able than our current ones.

Can't wait to hear vs Burnley if we get him everyone to go mental at him after his first poor touch. Hounded out immediately. Soft forrin. Brexit means Brexit.

I mean, he's not even trying. His first name is Islam.

Would take.

Algerian isn’t he?

Would take.

Algerian isn’t he?

Still forrin. Hound him out.

I’ve always quite liked the look of Slimani. Got in some great areas and had some tidy finishes early on for Leicester.

Looks a bit heavy, mind. Would prefer someone a bit more pacey and mobile. Is his style hugely different to Mitrovic?

Beggars can’t be choosers and I doubt we even get anyone in. So if it is true. I hope we pay what they’re asking. I think we’re going down without a 2 more decent additions this window.

Would take.

Was first rate at Sporting Lisbon. His replacement Bas Dost is following in his footsteps.

I’ve always quite liked the look of Slimani. Got in some great areas and had some tidy finishes early on for Leicester.

Looks a bit heavy, mind. Would prefer someone a bit more pacey and mobile. Is his style hugely different to Mitrovic?

Beggars can’t be choosers and I doubt we even get anyone in. So if it is true. I hope we pay what they’re asking. I think we’re going down without a 2 more decent additions this window.

He surprised me how quick he was in one goal he scored this season, think it was when Leicester played at home to Huddersfield? Ran onto to a ball played in behind, didn't look slow at all.