Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's all a pisstake IMO. Ashley and his mates at Sky leading us a merry dance again.

The only possible way we bring in someone in the region of 20m is if Mitrovic goes and brings in over half of it. It’s fucking pathetic.

We know how it goes.

We will be pressing on, then frustrated, making progress. Then told the other team is wanting to bring a replacement in before selling. Then moving on to other targets, fake sensational last minute bids, go back in for previous player with more derisory bids then the window shuts with deafening silence from the club for the last 12 hours.

Next day late on messages of how we tried hard, manager seething, board frustrated they couldn't get targets. Markets is bad and too expensive which makes things hard yada yada.  Then a week or two later identifying then monitoring targets for the summer, scouting games for unknown players that never come to light or fruition. Drawing up two lists for stay up or go down. Both lists will then be on hold while contract talks with the manager hang over the clubs head, back to square one as window approaches.

We know how it goes.

We will be pressing on, then frustrated, making progress. Then told the other team is wanting to bring a replacement in before selling. Then moving on to other targets, fake sensational last minute bids, go back in for previous player with more derisory bids then the window shuts with deafening silence from the club for the last 12 hours.

Next day late on messages of how we tried hard, manager seething, board frustrated they couldn't get targets. Markets is bad and too expensive which makes things hard yada yada.  Then a week or two later identifying then monitoring targets for the summer, scouting games for unknown players that never come to light or fruition. Drawing up two lists for stay up or go down. Both lists will then be on hold while contract talks with the manager hang over the clubs head, back to square one as window approaches.

Probably a couple of new takeover rumours leaked too depending on whether it looks like we're staying up or not.

Regarding Shelvey I may as well just repeat what I said about Mitro, because the point stands for both.

Selling any player, when we’re low on quality/options would be ridiculous. Selling the player(s) to a relegation rival would be utterly fucking stupid.

Throw into that the obvious fact that these players clearly wont be replaced and it makes it even worse.

Werw, when did Shelvey become a 20 million player, I must have missed that run of games. We overpaid for him, massively.

Nah, you just missed the market changing. The market where, for example, other English players such as Andre Gray (£18.5m), Oxlade Chamberlain (£35m), Danny Drinkwater (£34m), Jordan Pickford (£25m), Michael Keane (£35m), Kyle Walker (£50m), John Stones (£50m) aren't worth what they're bought for either. Shelvey didn't become a £20m player, a £20m player became Shelvey. Either way he's certainly not a £12m player. £12m for even a relatively established English player now gets you someone like Sam Clucas, Will Hughes, or if you're lucky Jack Cork.

All overpriced, but each a better player in what they do and their role for their respective club’s than Shelvey. 12m though is a p*ss take given we probably paid that for him, no?

Andre Gray isn't like, arguably Michael Keane as well.

Put it this way, Jay Rodriguez was £12m, and yes he's a striker and it's slightly different, but those players above are on the new scale. Shelvey on that scale as anything less than a £16m player is outrageous imo.

To my shame I always assumed Jay Rodriguez would be South American.

Oh little old vile racist me.

Why is Shelvey worth £12m? More red cards than goals & assists I think this season? I know prices have increased across the board but just because once or twice a game he'll produce a Hollywood pass doesn't represent him being worth that much. He's not very mobile, is supposed to be at his peak, and can be a liability. I reckon Rafa could find better for a similar price.

Shelvey is bang average at best in this league and I honestly think someone like Rafa would be able to pick up a central player abroad somewhere who would be better than him, but because hes english and has premier league experience we could and probably should squeeze more than 12 million from any potential sale, but why would anyone want him, hes not exactly been good so far this season has he?

Guest neesy111

I'm nowhere near Shelvey's biggest fan but I do think his round game has been a bit better in recent weeks still think he's not very good.

Graves is basically a mouthpiece for the club ffs.

I met Graves a couple of years ago at the Phillippe Albert talk in and he's a Newcastle fanatic he's had a couple of season tickets for years, he comes from Hexham and I don't think he's a mouthpiece for the club at all.