Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I’ve always quite liked the look of Slimani. Got in some great areas and had some tidy finishes early on for Leicester.

Looks a bit heavy, mind. Would prefer someone a bit more pacey and mobile. Is his style hugely different to Mitrovic?

Beggars can’t be choosers and I doubt we even get anyone in. So if it is true. I hope we pay what they’re asking. I think we’re going down without a 2 more decent additions this window.

He surprised me how quick he was in one goal he scored this season, think it was when Leicester played at home to Huddersfield? Ran onto to a ball played in behind, didn't look slow at all.

Yeah. I remember the one you mean. Wasn’t he miles clear after timing his run, though?

He just doesn’t strike me as the most agile and think he could be frustrating as fuck as a lone striker. Still, all of ours are currently. So what’s new :lol:

I’ve always quite liked the look of Slimani. Got in some great areas and had some tidy finishes early on for Leicester.

Looks a bit heavy, mind. Would prefer someone a bit more pacey and mobile. Is his style hugely different to Mitrovic?

Beggars can’t be choosers and I doubt we even get anyone in. So if it is true. I hope we pay what they’re asking. I think we’re going down without a 2 more decent additions this window.

He surprised me how quick he was in one goal he scored this season, think it was when Leicester played at home to Huddersfield? Ran onto to a ball played in behind, didn't look slow at all.

Yeah. I remember the one you mean. Wasn’t he miles clear after timing his run, though?

He just doesn’t strike me as the most agile and think he could be frustrating as f*** as a lone striker. Still, all of ours are currently. So what’s new :lol:

Think it might be a better version of Mitro, slightly quicker, slightly better finisher and not a bell end on the pitch. Will actually follow instructions and not do stupid, pointless shite that can led to red cards and retrospective punishments.

If Rafa wants him, I'll get behind it.

It's not happening. It's all a load of shite to keep you occupied and distracted.

Agreed. I said as much in my original post. Just looking at all these pipe dream players and weighing them up FM style, though. Pointless exercise, really.

Imagine the pressure this imaginary player would be under to be shit hot, after everything we've been through with Ashley. :lol:

Think I mentioned this the last time that was said...but wouldn't a pro relish that kind of challenge/have such an ego it wouldn't phase them? Suppose it depends on the character...but we definitely don't want/need a self-doubting softie.

Nah the player wouldn't give a fuck, I just mean us lot and Rafa would be sweating a bit. If it doesn't work, we'll be back to taking punts on £5m strikers.

Imagine the pressure this imaginary player would be under to be shit hot, after everything we've been through with Ashley. :lol:

Think I mentioned this the last time that was said...but wouldn't a pro relish that kind of challenge/have such an ego it wouldn't phase them? Suppose it depends on the character...but we definitely don't want/need a self-doubting softie.

Nah the player wouldn't give a fuck, I just mean us lot and Rafa would be sweating a bit. If it doesn't work, we'll be back to taking punts on £5m strikers.

The fact that we even signed a £5m striker in the summer is just so utterly tragic man :lol:

That's the hidden level in the Ashley playbook - signing imaginary players.

Knowing our luck we'll sign a quality striker who likes nothing more than playing on the big stage. He'll walk out to the roaring passion of 50,000 geordies. His first pass will be so sublime as to take everyone's breath away, leaving St. James in momentary silence which freaks him out and he's never the same player again.

He's easily the striker who excites me the most out of the ones mentioned, if only because he looks the most capable of playing as a lone striker. Don't know about his touch being off, but he's mobile, powerful and decent in the air. Can't see it happening though, Ashley's not going to sanction £20m+ on a striker approaching 30.