Group B - Wales (Q), England (Q), Slovakia (Q), Russia

Wullie

We need vardy and sturridge on, sterling and kane on the bench, lallana actually did ok today though.

..but yes, sterling basically needs to be sent home at this rate - should've taken townsend

Hodgson needs to use his balls though, like he did in the 2nd half. "Reactive Roy" as the commentaors said, seemed quite an apt description.

I'm an atheist btw, but I swear it seems like every successful athlete believes in God and thanks 'him' for all their success.

Look at the Brazil team.

I think that religious people always feel like they have someone watching over them, where as someone like me knows that I'm responsible for everything in my life, therefore when I f*** up, it hits a little harder.

Doubt that's true, it's just you have to listen to them proselytizing when they do something decent...see Benson Henderson.

God as we know Him, as someone "human shaped", that decides, judges, has preferences, takes revenge, etc, is just a human construction.

It is the eternity, the supreme divine intelligence, beyond time, that becomes a body and dis-becomes once he finds Himself again.

God is inside you and me, and outside of you and me, just like if you were a branch of a tree or the bubble of a lake.

"Thanks for letting me put a ball in a net".

Guest firetotheworks

The only sportsman that I can think of that used his belief in God to actually, undoubtedly affect them is Ayrton Senna. And eh...he died.

I'm an atheist btw, but I swear it seems like every successful athlete believes in God and thanks 'him' for all their success.

Look at the Brazil team.

Who'd have thought the country with the most Catholics in the world would have a team that believes in God?

Do agree with Shearer about Rooney. He's really found a place back there, worthy starter without a doubt.

Waste of a position for me today.

If we're going to play without wingers (which is going to be the case for the rest of the tournament, cos we didn't bring any) Rooney's movement, positioning and ability to spread the play is crucial. The only time we get wide is when the full-backs find space and Rooney picked them out every single time - he's not made one bad pass in either game.

He's been unlucky not to score in both games too; I can see him nicking one from the edge of the box against Slovakia.

I don't love our style of play but it's ground-out four decent points. Should have been six, obviously, but we go into the last game favourites to top the group. Rooney has been vital for that and credit to both him and Hodgson.

:thup:

For large portions of the game Rooney was the only one actually showing for the ball, while every other attacking midfield option else was static, sat along the line of defense. I thought he played well. Much better than Alli anyway.

Thought Dier was pretty shite anytime he passed the ball forward, but I'll give him more of a pass on the basis of him trying to do the jobs of others.

Sterling should be sent home. Vardy and Sturridge should start the next game with Lallalalallana. Back to the diamonté I guess. :undecided:

I think Sturridge probably would have scored anyway, without an old man on a cloud moving his legs for him.

Might have forced him to do that stupid fucking dance though, the daft beardy cunt.

That shit must be the Devils work surely?

Only just got home from work, we watched it there though. Just wanted to know if everyone like myself couldn't understand why Walker wouldn't cross a ball?

It was bizarre..

I thought Walker was excellent but I agree - England's hesitance to cross the ball first time on the whole was pretty bewildering.

Guest firetotheworks

Rooney looks rejuvenated in midfield imo. Easily the best that I've seen him play for England in years. I thought that he was being shoe-horned in because of who he is, but he's not only a much more worthy starter in that position than he would be up front, but he's a worthy starter in that position full stop. The chemistry that they have with him in there is very good imo. Lallana looks like the player people thought he was and the full backs provide the width. It'll interesting to see what happens when they're up against better players who will pin Rose and Walker back, but at the moment the team looks just about right to me. I'd perhaps take Kane or Sterling out, but no one has been terrible.

My throat is sore after cheering that winner in the pub. Really enjoyed that, thought we played pretty well and a last-minute winner against our neighbours is only gonna give us confidence. Shades of Euro 96 in that regard. Hart really should have done better for Bale's goal but thankfully it hasn't cost us. Jamie Vardy is an absolute twat but I love him.

Walker was decent going forward but he had a few occasions at the back early on when he showed some very English levels of defensive composure.

Think England were lucky Wales had little attacking ambition. Very laissez-faire about letting Wales cross the ball into their box. General complacency about their whole defensive attitude.

We were the better team and did deserve to win, but at the same time we got lucky. Players weren't making space, when they were we Wern't making the passes. Too many players wanted to glory for themselves, either by shooting or trying to beat their man 2-3 times instead of providing the killer pass. Rooney was not effective, all he did was pass to the man who was immediately in front of him instead of making better passes, if he did indeed decide to pass. Roy shit himself at half time, and then again later when we still wern't winning, hopefully it shows him up for what he is, the same can be said of Hart as well.

Guest chopey

Why is the Russia manager in trouble and in danger of missing the Wales game? :embarrassed:

P.S Rooney has been class in midfield but lalanna was motm

Uranium injection ?