Euro 2016 trouble - Russia handed suspended disqualification by UEFA

bowlingcrofty

I used to work in an English pub in Hamburg. We had a big Murphy's sign in the window, so some people came in thinking it was an Irish pub.

Some of them got a proper look of fear in their eyes when I told them it was an English pub  :sad:

We have a shocking reputation in Germany, thanks to all the fucking squaddies that were stationed here.

Anywhere there were British barracks, the local bouncers all looked like the Mountain. When I was much younger, I got turned away from places simply for being English. They always let me in when I argued with them because, of course, none of the squaddies ever speak the local lingo, so they know I'm not one of them.

Most of them are gone now, but it was carnage when the squaddies were in town. They used to beat up the local police regularly. The cops couldn't shoot them, and they didn't have much chance against professional soldiers otherwise.

It used to be the locals would call the police and the police would call the military police.

I was working at Siemens Power Generation near here when the apprentices from the Newcastle works were over.

First night, a Monday, the Geordie lads just fuck off somewhere. Nobody knows where. The police bring them back about 2 or 3 in the morning absolutely mortal.

Half the Germans were like, "I thought it was just a stereotype…". Everyone else is, "Nope. This is just what they do. We let the police know they're in town, so they know where to bring them when they inevitably cross paths."

But everyone wanted to know how the fuck English people can go out in just a T-shirt in the middle of January. They're convinced it's physiologically impossible :lol:

There are 4 kids on their own scrambling desperately for coins on the floor. I don't know if they're gypsies or refugees or anything, but without any title or caption, I think it's very likely they're being mocked. Aye, like anything it could be misrepresented, but it looks nasty without any need for Russians to add malicious captions.

:thup: I'm not saying they aren't mocking them FWIW, just a lot of people have been kicking off about it despite the lack of evidence. I usually wouldn't care but the bloke who reported it is a total muppet, his twitter feel last night was really irritating.

It's disgusting, stop defending it. End of. Had it been any other set of fans you would've thought the same. Stop defending the indefensible. It's not the first time Russia and England supporters cause trouble in a big tournament. If UEFA and FIFA for that matter, had anything about them, both teams should play home qualifiers without fans for a year or two.

Why can most nations fans make a party out of it and have fun together, have friends who were in Paris watching Sweden and Ireland and said both sets of fans had a great time together.

If UEFA and FIFA for that matter, had anything about them, both teams should play home qualifiers without fans for a year or two.

That won't make any difference. If they let England "fans" go to the tournament, there'll be trouble.

Why can most nations fans make a party out of it and have fun together, have friends who were in Paris watching Sweden and Ireland and said both sets of fans had a great time together.

IIRC, in 2006 they had shared public viewing for all games except the England ones. When they England fans were in town, they gave them their own area away from everyone else.

I'm actually at the point now where I hope we get kicked out, just to teach the dickheads a lesson. But then again, I've never really cared a great deal about England so I'm happy just watching any international competition whether we're in it or not.

I'm not a fan of hurting the players because the fans are dicks.

Videos going around of loads of Irish fans cleaning up all their bottles off the ground at the end of the night. :aww: Best fans in the world. Not just singing and dancing it seems.

:lol: Froggy, you, your country and your club are all pure perfection.

Videos going around of loads of Irish fans cleaning up all their bottles off the ground at the end of the night. :aww: Best fans in the world. Not just singing and dancing it seems.

Plenty of cunts at Manchester United like. Irish fans are fantastic though.

Guest neesy111

There are 4 kids on their own scrambling desperately for coins on the floor. I don't know if they're gypsies or refugees or anything, but without any title or caption, I think it's very likely they're being mocked. Aye, like anything it could be misrepresented, but it looks nasty without any need for Russians to add malicious captions.

:thup: I'm not saying they aren't mocking them FWIW, just a lot of people have been kicking off about it despite the lack of evidence. I usually wouldn't care but the bloke who reported it is a total muppet, his twitter feel last night was really irritating.

It's disgusting, stop defending it. End of. Had it been any other set of fans you would've thought the same. Stop defending the indefensible. It's not the first time Russia and England supporters cause trouble in a big tournament. If UEFA and FIFA for that matter, had anything about them, both teams should play home qualifiers without fans for a year or two.

This.

Plenty of c***s at Manchester United like. Irish fans are fantastic though.

I'm not disagreeing, but what makes the Irish supporters better than the Northern Irish, Swedish or Icelandic fans? Genuine question.

I was working at Siemens Power Generation near here when the apprentices from the Newcastle works were over.

First night, a Monday, the Geordie lads just fuck off somewhere. Nobody knows where. The police bring them back about 2 or 3 in the morning absolutely mortal.

Half the Germans were like, "I thought it was just a stereotype…". Everyone else is, "Nope. This is just what they do. We let the police know they're in town, so they know where to bring them when they inevitably cross paths."

But everyone wanted to know how the fuck English people can go out in just a T-shirt in the middle of January. They're convinced it's physiologically impossible :lol:

:lol:

It's all a bit of a moot point who has the best fans, as how can you really judge that? Icelandic fans have been fantastic though. 10% of their population of something coming over? Really impressed with their support and their performance so far. Glad it's them and not Norway.

There's a fantastic pic of four Swedes in the Irish section during their match. They even got to celebrate Sweden scoring without an issue.

I'm actually at the point now where I hope we get kicked out, just to teach the dickheads a lesson. But then again, I've never really cared a great deal about England so I'm happy just watching any international competition whether we're in it or not.

I'm a fan of doing whatever is necessary to stop this kind of behaviour continuing, personally. I'm sure the players will get over it.

What about the thousands of normal fans that are over here, have had nothing to do with and of the shenanigans, and will be massively out of pocket. Will you be a fan of that too?

I'm a fan of doing whatever is necessary to stop this kind of behaviour continuing, personally. I'm sure the players will get over it.

What about the thousands of normal fans that are over here, have had nothing to do with and of the shenanigans, and will be massively out of pocket. Will you be a fan of that too?

Tough love for the global game. I reckon the whole thing of English teams being banned from Europe a few decades back was a massive step in all but eradicating the significant hooligan culture in the domestic game. If you believe it's just a handful of blokes kicking off then fair enough but even on 'biased' film theres hundreds chanting needless stuff.

Tough love for the global game. I reckon the whole thing of English teams being banned from Europe a few decades back was a massive step in all but eradicating the significant hooligan culture in the domestic game. If you believe it's just a handful of blokes kicking off then fair enough but even on 'biased' film theres hundreds chanting needless stuff.

Even if it is hundreds, I'm not doubting it isn't, as someone who will be going to the Slovakia match I don't see why I should be punished because someone else has been a cunt just because I have the same cover on my passport.

Lock it down for the remainder and dish out whatever punishment necessary post tournament.

There's a fantastic pic of four Swedes in the Irish section during their match. They even got to celebrate Sweden scoring without an issue.

Getting praised for not being a massive cunt is a bit grim

Getting praised for not being a massive cunt is a bit grim

:thup:

Even if it is hundreds, I'm not doubting it isn't, as someone who will be going to the Slovakia match I don't see why I should be punished because someone else has been a c*** just because I have the same cover on my passport.

Lock it down for the remainder and dish out whatever punishment necessary post tournament.

What about the innocent people who live in Lille or Marseille who are having their cities ripped apart? I think, personally, they should throw the book at us. It's not fair on the good fans, but at some point the country as a whole has to take responsibility for these fuckwits. I don't see how allowing them to continue (and it will be allowed to continue), and then getting a slap on the wrist once it's all over, is ever going to stop this kind of behaviour going forward, especially if we qualify for the next world cup.

punishing perfectly innocent people for the crimes of others is both lazy and wrong. Find those responsible and punish them appropriately and don't tar everyone with the same brush 

Guest neesy111

The punishment I would make is to ban our fans from travelling to a certain number of away qualifiers for Euro 2020.  Don't punish those already out there.

The punishment I would make is to ban our fans from travelling to a certain number of away qualifiers for Euro 2020.  Don't punish those already out there.

Or if things gets worse, exclude England and Russia from the next Euros.

Thinking about it, I know the Russian hooligans have went on like a total bunch of arseholes, and their media has been a disgrace, but have the actually Russian fans been that bad?

Haven't really heard anything from them on the whole?

Going round attacking scarfers and stoving numerous heads in, I would say so yeah.

Did you even read what I said?

Or if things gets worse, exclude England and Russia from the next Euros.

And just leave it happening as it is for this Euros? Because you know fine well that the French police are not dealing with it.

What exactly do you think would happen if they did disqualify England? That all these louts would pack up and go home? It'd just make the situation a whole lot worse. Like you say, the French police aren't dealing with it and it would be a nightmare.