Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Keegan needs to actually show his face at the ground like. Just a bizarre situation where he said that he wouldn't step back into SJP while MA owned the club, but still hasn't been in the past year.

He's been in the North East loads as well.

37 minutes ago, STM said:

I know I've suggested this one before but I actually feel really strongly about it....

I'm not quite sure how it would work but perhaps for mental health awareness or something, we could have a big Gary Speed flag with the word TALK.

What better way of using flags for good than by sending a strong message on mental health awareness to the demographic who needs it most?

The day he died still sits with me and as someone's who has his own battles, I just feel its as strong a message as can be sent.

I know there's a thousand good causes etc, just my feeling.

I think thats a good idea but I think I would like us to wait a bit before we start doing stuff like that.  I think we should just bring the one back out from the first game after the takeover, or one congratulating Wilson and Maddison being in the England world cup squad.

2 hours ago, STM said:

Keegan needs to actually show his face at the ground like. Just a bizarre situation where he said that he wouldn't step back into SJP while MA owned the club, but still hasn't been in the past year.

He's been in the North East loads as well.

He's fallen out of love with modern football and finds it boring I think.

I'm happy just leaving him be.

2 hours ago, STM said:

I know I've suggested this one before but I actually feel really strongly about it....

I'm not quite sure how it would work but perhaps for mental health awareness or something, we could have a big Gary Speed flag with the word TALK.

What better way of using flags for good than by sending a strong message on mental health awareness to the demographic who needs it most?

The day he died still sits with me and as someone's who has his own battles, I just feel its as strong a message as can be sent.

Brilliant idea. 

34 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Has he fell out of love with the fans though? Surely he knows how much people would love to see him there

10 minutes ago, jack j said:

Has he fell out of love with the fans though? Surely he knows how much people would love to see him there

I'm certain he does but we love him enough to respect his wishes too imo. If he comes it should be when it's right for him too.

Edited by Kid Icarus

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anything big planned for Chelsea before the break @Heron,

Aye, we have a couple of things going on this time out, but hopefully if people read between the lines they will see the connection that has been made between the two displays too so it should tie in with the theme of remembrance and also supporting the lads.

4 hours ago, STM said:

I like this and I know we're often mindful of various campaigns and initiatives so I think those in the group will appreciate this idea and it's intent.

Whilst it may not be a large display or anything like that it might be that we do this as an exit flag or player flag.

I have previously expressed that LGTBQ and SRTRC flags etc should be mainstays rather than one off displays. Perhaps this is something we can incorporate too.

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I’m hoping Saturday’s game could have the atmosphere of an end of season game… like the Arsenal game. I don’t know if it’s planned or not? But the flags / sheets on every seat for the Arsenal game last season helped create the best atmosphere I’ve seen in years.

The display(s) are mindful of Remembrance but also that we're heading into the world cup in an unbelievable position.

I think to emulate the Arsenal game display wise for this wouldn't quite be appropriate but I hope our displays inspire fans to make it a cauldron of noise after respecting the silence.

On 11/11/2022 at 08:38, Kid Icarus said:

Of all Ashley’s crimes against football, being chiefly responsible for football’s most enthusiastic man losing his love of the game is right up there

• 3 weeks later...