Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

How does this affect anyone apart from maybe the 5 or 6 people that might get their view blocked? :lol:

I can see their point to a certain extent, i mean, what's next?  Racism flags? Sexism flags?  People might start to think we're not racist, sexist, homophobes and that'd fucking end me, that would.

Personally I think gay pride is counter productive, however if people from LBGT backgrounds wish to have the rainbow flag flown at a football ground then let them. There is still a stigma about the lack of professional footballers being openly gay, and people with outdated views about gay men not being interested in football. So if having a rainbow flag at SJP goes some way to making the LBGT community more relaxed about being involved in football then go for it.

Personally I think gay pride is counter productive, however if people from LBGT backgrounds wish to have the rainbow flag flown at a football ground then let them. There is still a stigma about the lack of professional footballers being openly gay, and people with outdated views about gay men not being interested in football. So if having a rainbow flag at SJP goes some way to making the LBGT community more relaxed about being involved in football then go for it.

A lot of gays are psychopaths mind.

It's kind of ironic that most of those that will have posted the anti-gay comments will be young lads.  From what I can gather, most wear some sort of moisturiser or lad make up that would have had them in the same category back in the day.

It's kind of ironic that most of those that will have posted the anti-gay comments will be young lads.  From what I can gather, most wear some sort of moisturiser or lad make up that would have had them in the same category back in the day.

I'm not sure if this is the most or least enlightened post :lol:

We do live in interesting times.

I'm not sure if this is the most or least enlightened post :lol:

We do live in interesting times.

:D  Im stereotyping I know but Geordie Shore and the like, will have painted a picture for many.

I'd love to know how gay pride is counterproductive.

Actually I wouldn't but you've raised it now.

I think having a global event that showcases how different you are when your trying to show that being a part of LBGT groups doesn't make you different and are rightfully campaigning for equal rights is rather contradictory.

My last post on the matter last night was just a quote from Peep Show, by the by. The Darryl episode.

I got it. Soz for not acknowledging

For fuck sake man.

Guest firetotheworks

I think having a global event that showcases how different you are when your trying to show that being a part of LBGT groups doesn't make you different and are rightfully campaigning for equal rights is rather contradictory.

You've posted some bollocks over the years like.

Question for Heron, is this now a GF flag or just one that you have endorsed? Will it be part of all GF displays?

Spurs and Arsenal have similar flags displayed in their grounds but both have related supporter groups, afaik we dont have one. If for whatever reason (he gets scared or simply isn't attending) will issues be raised if it isnt displayed, will our fans be seen as non supportive or homophobic? Obviously if the flag is owned by a group (GF or otherwise) the chances of this would be significantly reduced.

As an organisation which is now seen as reflective of our fans I think GF need to be careful doing/endorsing things that are divisive in any way. For example would Sack Pardew banners have been part of GF displays?

NOTE - Im not for or against this flag, just concerned about this problems is has caused and could potentially cause

I believe it isn't a Gallowgate Flags, flag. However, it was endorsed / supported by us. We want all fans to support the team through both vocal and visual methods and if people are going to make positive additions via the production of their own supportive flags we will always support these people.

The idea of Gallowgate Flags is to get behind the team regardless. Therefore, I suspect displays would probably stop temporarily as opposed to incorporating SackWhoever banners, however I cannot say for certain.

My personal feeling is that we could have maybe just stayed out of this scenario so that we weren't seen to be on any side. Despite obviously being happy that people are contributing by making their own flags.

However, we have fallen on the correct side were we expected to choose one. So nowt to worry about.

We may need to fund raise again soon for new flags so the point I made to the other people involved is that for us to continue making it a success we need to stop pissing off aspects of our support. For example the GS lad and then the brain dead homophobes.

It shouldn't be a case of having to have a side. Just keep quiet and carry on and we will have more success as a group. In my opinion of course.