Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

gonna be a killjoy but those plastic sheets for the display in the gallowgate against southampton were a disaster waiting to happen.

lying around on the stairways after kick off - they were slippery as fuck and a few slight mishaps as people were losing their footing. it could have been much worse.

• 3 weeks later...

If the name of the stadium’s Leazes End originates from the ancient gathering of crops, the Gallowgate End has its roots in a much darker history.

The “Gallows Hole” was a place of public execution in the vicinity of the current St James’ Park.

There were grim spectacles. In 1650, 22 people - including 15 witches - were hanged in one day.

And capital punishment was not confined to those who had taken another person’s life. In 1783, William Alexander was hanged for forging a bank note, and in 1786 Henry Jennings was executed for stealing horses.

The last hanging took place in 1844, only three decades before the first ball was kicked at the site.

For those of us who’ve spent many a grim afternoon standing - and sitting - at the Gallowgate End, spare a thought for Mark Sherwood of Blandford Street who had murdered his wife.

The condemned man was taken by cart to the gallows, in front of the elegant Leazes Terrace, sitting on his coffin imo

Hi lads and lasses, I see there's a link to the gofundme above, if you wouldn't mind it would be brilliant if you could hoy a few quid in to make this happen. The theme is to thank the whole squad and not just the gaffer but we're keeping the display a secret.

If you want something for your hard earned money go to the online shop and buy some merch, every penny raised is put into flags and displays and is all accountable.

Cheers

Aye, don't wanna sound to much like we're pressuring but it'd be good for people to buy some merchandise and that way yous get something for your money. Alternatively, if donations could be made that'd be fantastic!

We're not a fan of sharing our ideas before we do them as it loses some of the surprise factor but we  aim to do a big display that really shows the team how proud we are. The lads thoroughly deserve it this year as virtually the whole squad has excelled itself.

Obviously Rafa is the messiah but the players have done so much. My god I'm fucking buzzing. [emoji38]

A print/canvas of our iconic We Are United surfer over the Tyne Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne.

;D come on man its not even unfolded.  Who is going want a print of that

wau-tb-thumb.jpg?fit=500%2C333&ssl=1

It was terrifying, we thought we'd lost it a few times, it was quite calm everywhere else but the wind was canny strong in the middle. I know what you mean but honestly I love it,if it had just been hanging down straight I reckon it might have looked a bit boring.

Cheers for buying stuff and for donating lads.

If the name of the stadium’s Leazes End originates from the ancient gathering of crops, the Gallowgate End has its roots in a much darker history.

The “Gallows Hole” was a place of public execution in the vicinity of the current St James’ Park.

There were grim spectacles. In 1650, 22 people - including 15 witches - were hanged in one day.

And capital punishment was not confined to those who had taken another person’s life. In 1783, William Alexander was hanged for forging a bank note, and in 1786 Henry Jennings was executed for stealing horses.

The last hanging took place in 1844, only three decades before the first ball was kicked at the site.

For those of us who’ve spent many a grim afternoon standing - and sitting - at the Gallowgate End, spare a thought for Mark Sherwood of Blandford Street who had murdered his wife.

The condemned man was taken by cart to the gallows, in front of the elegant Leazes Terrace, sitting on his coffin imo

Aye, I know itis named after gallows, I'd just never heard any Newcastle fan call it that.

Guest Howaythetoon

Id like to see the back room coaches/staff thanked as they do as much as anyone and they deserve credit too.

Would like to see a follow up to '....we demand a team that tries'

Because we've definitely got that at the moment. 

It was "club that tries", and we won't have that until Ashley goes.

Would like to see a follow up to '....we demand a team that tries'

Because we've definitely got that at the moment. 

It was "club that tries", and we won't have that until Ashley goes.

Yep people miss the point with that a lot.