Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Just wanted to check in here to tell people that these lads are still £571 shy of their £3,000 target for their end of season display, despite some generous soul dropping £1,000 in a single shot.

I've just stuck my tenner in after walking past St. James' on the way to work triggered me and wanted to remind anyone else who had intended to but forgotten that it might be time to do the same.

Not affiliated with the group in any way and have done fuck all to help other than donating a bit every time they've asked, but I imagine they've got some epic plans for the Chelsea game and it would be nice if they could get the funds in the door quickly so they can get to work.

I was massively hesitant about ever going back to SJP as long as Ashley remained, but the combination of Rafa, moving home and the positive energy that Gallowgate Flags brought to the ground last season played a big part in me getting a season ticket again. I've honestly been blown away by the efforts of what is ultimately a small group of volunteers.

I'm in the Gallowgate and on a matchday it looks like a fucking ballache to be organising everything, and they're effectively sacrificing their enjoyment of kick-offs and the start of the game at the same time. They even stood up against Ashley a couple of times, risking everything they'd built.

TLDR; Wor Flags are class and you should support them with a donation if you can!

https://uk.gofundme.com/wor-flags-end-of-season-display

Will donate, really hope I can get a ticket for the last game.

Edit: oh, it's already been and gone :lol:

You can give them the price of a ticket now.  :pow:

Train from London as well. Nice little booster coming WF's way!

Thanks for your kind words and the push Rich. We appreciate that not everyone can donate and also that it tends to happen a few times across the season, that's the main reason we've branched into merchandise - so to make our model as a fan led initiative more sustainable.

But to hear so much positive feedback makes the effort put in all the worth while. We don't want to be the voice of the fans but to know we have many of you on side certainly makes what we do more enjoyable and ultimately makes us feel we have more impact on our (the fans') club.

:thup:

Will donate, really hope I can get a ticket for the last game.

Edit: oh, it's already been and gone :lol:

You can give them the price of a ticket now.  :pow:

Train from London as well. Nice little booster coming WF's way!

Alright, settle down.

Guest Howaythetoon

Everyone with social media should share their page etc. I’ll donate on Monday. Won’t be 1k mind. Whoever that was is a fucking legend. I’ve said it before but these lot along with Rafa is the best thing about the club. I know people who look forward to the game just in anticipation of what display will be showcased never mind the match. Visually it all looks fucking great and it has to inspire the players and staff walking out to see that. I’d love the Leazes to do similar or even the East Stand. I also think it’s now unique to our club and almost expected. For me they have typified the United front between fans and players. We are in this together. Wish I could contribute more other than financially, must be a ball ache to organise, but I bet they get immense pleasure doing their bit and seeing it all displayed and played out on the telly and media. Love how KKs words which were said to me made it in a display as well. Famous by default ha ha :D

Guest Howaythetoon

there's only one banner needed for this imo, just needs to be about the size of the gallowgate and saying NOW SELL UP AND GO

Would love that but I’d like to see every player and all staff etc. thanked. It’s kind of RAWKISH but fuck it, they deserve it.

there's only one banner needed for this imo, just needs to be about the size of the gallowgate and saying NOW SELL UP AND GO

Would love that but I’d like to see every player and all staff etc. thanked. It’s kind of RAWKISH but fuck it, they deserve it.

Could have a reversible display. We all hold up cards congratulating Rafa and the players and then flip them around to reveal a "Now sell up and go" message to fatty.

Guest Howaythetoon

Could have a reversible display. We all hold up cards congratulating Rafa and the players and then flip them around to reveal a "Now sell up and go" message to fatty.

Now that’s an idea I like.

Just want to celebrate for a bit personally, give the lads a send off for a great season. Can start thinking/worrying about Ashley later.

Taking nothing away from Rafa and the players, they've all been superb this season and deserve all the plaudits coming their way but it's a damning endictment of the Mike Ashley era that fans want to celebrate a 10th place finish in the Premier League. The way he's dumbed down any expectation to the point where fans are celebrating just being in the top flight is quite sad really.

Thanks for all the brilliant comments lads, it's really appreciated. If any of you want to get involved just get in touch, we like to keep a low profile but we're far from a closed group. We're all basically strangers who've got to know each other through this flag malarkey although I did know Heron already as I stand just behind him in the corner.I've got to admit it does take up a lot of your life and we've lost a few along the way but in a way that's a good thing as we've now ended up with a totally committed tighter knit group who never argue. We used to argue a lot and I mean a lot ( usually because of one certain individual!). As Heron has stated previously we are not the voice of the fans and it's difficult to hit the spot every time. The  Chelsea game for example,we debated wether to have an anti Ashley theme or full on Rafa love in, in the end we decided on celebrating this 'championship' bunch of players ( as the press kept referring) as firstly they deserve it and Rafa always says its not just about him and secondly there's a good chance Ashley will be going ( please God) . We just try to reflect the mood and personally so far I think we have, like I say if any of you fancy it get in touch, it's hard graft and were quite often in until 10.pm on a Friday night but you do get to walk down the tunnel all the time, I'm 55 and I still get giddy every time I do it !! Sad eh ?

Just want to celebrate for a bit personally, give the lads a send off for a great season. Can start thinking/worrying about Ashley later.

Taking nothing away from Rafa and the players, they've all been superb this season and deserve all the plaudits coming their way but it's a damning endictment of the Mike Ashley era that fans want to celebrate a 10th place finish in the Premier League. The way he's dumbed down any expectation to the point where fans are celebrating just being in the top flight is quite sad really.

Finishing in the top half would be a decent result in most seasons, and is excellent for a newly promoted club. Obviously we should never have been down there in the first place but one step at a time eh?

Couldn't be done without the help of our fellow supporters. You guys make it happen as much as we do, especially with the professionally printed banners. So thank you all very much. Hopefully this display meets expectations as we've seemingly set the bar relatively high.