Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

2 hours ago, Minhosa said:

@Heron- How much would I have to pay for a 'Not bad for 'that fella from Bournemouth' next to a fucking massive image of Bruce's wonky gish?

Possibly quite cheap if you ask the right people :lol:

Hello from a long-time Toon fan in Texas. I just wanted to say that Wor Flags have been doing amazing work! Keep it up; some of us are enjoying it from thousands of miles away.

I've shared the giant flag from the Everton match with my friends in the Austin FC supporters' group community, and thought you all might like to see some of what we've done in our very first year of the new MLS club Austin FC. We're not exactly Premier League, but I'm pretty proud of the supporters culture we're building.

I'm planning to make my first (and very long overdue) visit to St. James's Park for the Leicester match over the Easter weekend (if anyone ever confirms when the hell it is). Hope to meet a few of you then!

atx_pride.jpg

atx_tifo1.jpg

atx_tifo3.jpg

20 hours ago, HTT II said:

Needs Alex in there doing some of the cum catcher stuff…

I think it would be better as a montage with the final one being Alex stepping in as his 'fluffer'

6 hours ago, ATX said:

Hello from a long-time Toon fan in Texas. I just wanted to say that Wor Flags have been doing amazing work! Keep it up; some of us are enjoying it from thousands of miles away.

I've shared the giant flag from the Everton match with my friends in the Austin FC supporters' group community, and thought you all might like to see some of what we've done in our very first year of the new MLS club Austin FC. We're not exactly Premier League, but I'm pretty proud of the supporters culture we're building.

I'm planning to make my first (and very long overdue) visit to St. James's Park for the Leicester match over the Easter weekend (if anyone ever confirms when the hell it is). Hope to meet a few of you then!

atx_pride.jpg

atx_tifo1.jpg

atx_tifo3.jpg

Belter these. We're desperate for a pulley system like and safe standing too. 

1 minute ago, Heron said:

Do the club seem receptive to the pulley idea (assuming it’s logistically possible)?

My key and sole criticism of wor flags has been their reluctance to adopt the approach of Willie Nelson gigging beneath a fruit bat so hopefully the learned souls at wor flags and their sense for fan sentiment will finally listen and learn.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Do the club seem receptive to the pulley idea (assuming it’s logistically possible)?

Aye mate. We've made suggestions and sourced the relevant people to implement it too previously (if I remember correctly) just Ashley didn't give a fuck and the new owners haven't had time. It'd be nice to have a proper discussion with someone at the club about all our ideas like. I think it'll happen in time (and don't want to give our ideas away haha) 

2 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

My key and sole criticism of wor flags has been their reluctance to adopt the approach of Willie Nelson gigging beneath a fruit bat so hopefully the learned souls at wor flags and their sense for fan sentiment will finally listen and learn.

I don't understand this, sorry? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Aye mate. We've made suggestions and sourced the relevant people to implement it too previously (if I remember correctly) just Ashley didn't give a fuck and the new owners haven't had time. It'd be nice to have a proper discussion with someone at the club about all our ideas like. I think it'll happen in time (and don't want to give our ideas away haha) 

Sounds quite promising. And exciting!

Just my opinion but I’m not sure about the flags hung from trusses/pulleys. There’s something unique about a surfer flag moving over a heaving mass of people. Hanging it from the roof just not the same vibe IMO, looks like Slipknot are about to start playing and it’s going to drop.

3 hours ago, NE27 said:

What we got going on here then?

Looks like a Pokémon scaling a building top left [emoji38]

Very impressive displays them, you guys went BIG!

Thanks mate, there's a lot of work in these. We're really trying to help set a different standard in MLS. A couple other teams have done big displays like this but most of the supporters' sections around the league are pretty sad compared to what you'd see in any top UEFA league.

The "Pokémon" is a Barton Springs Salamander, a species that lives only here in central Texas. Why any football fan knows or might care is a bit of a long story that probably also involves a small bit of explanation why "Keep Austin Weird" has been a slogan of the town for decades.

3 hours ago, Heron said:

Safe standing is great! It's frankly quite anticlimactic to go back to a seated section when we are on away trips to stadiums here that don't have it. Our safe standing supporters section is about 3400 in a stadium with 21500 total capacity. I'm glad some English clubs are finally able to implement it with the safer new designs.

3 hours ago, Darth Crooks said:

Happy to help your cause then, mate. 😂

3 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Just my opinion but I’m not sure about the flags hung from trusses/pulleys. There’s something unique about a surfer flag moving over a heaving mass of people. Hanging it from the roof just not the same vibe IMO, looks like Slipknot are about to start playing and it’s going to drop.

I agree there's something more intimate about the surfer flags. There's actually a large club crest surfer behind the Willie Nelson salamander tifo but it's dwarfed by the rigged portion.

We do plan to do some other large surfer displays in the future. But frankly we're still building awareness locally about this aspect of football supporter culture. Even in the supporters' section there are a lot of first timers at many of the matches. Need to make sure everyone understands and is excited about the idea before we try to cover 3400 seats with a surfer flag!

43 minutes ago, ATX said:

Thanks mate, there's a lot of work in these. We're really trying to help set a different standard in MLS. A couple other teams have done big displays like this but most of the supporters' sections around the league are pretty sad compared to what you'd see in any top UEFA league.

The "Pokémon" is a Barton Springs Salamander, a species that lives only here in central Texas. Why any football fan knows or might care is a bit of a long story that probably also involves a small bit of explanation why "Keep Austin Weird" has been a slogan of the town for decades.

I read all of this in an American accent.

anyway, flags looks class, amazing for your first year 👏🏻 

• 3 weeks later...

Announce flinging a huge flag off Durham Cathedral or light projection onto said cathedral! 

Simple black and white stripes with “Magpie country” (or similar) will do. 

The fewm will be worth every penny.

I've made a small knock up of an idea for a flag. I remember back to mid 2018 when Ashley protests were being mooted and I tried looking at designing concepts even though I'm no good. :lol: But now things are positive again, I couldn't help but getting back into it. I really like the designs of Soviet propaganda and liked the flag that Liverpool fans have for past managers down below. Now I've done a brief one for us below it, went for the colours of the 1995-96 away top due to not wanting red for obvious reasons and because black and white would make the images harder to see. Also replaced the star with the coat of arms of the city, but that could easily be removed if it looked better without. So aye. Not perfect but an idea I just haven't been able to get out of my head. Someone better at graphic design could refine it. :lol:

Spoiler

p3zVTUR.jpg

O5UYTgx.jpg

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 hours ago, huss9 said:

got to squeeze in Cox too.

Done. Also changed the coat of arms in the corner and the look of the faces to make them look a little less photo like.

Spoiler

wmJmz9C.jpg

Edited by HaydnNUFC