Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

10 minutes ago, Slim said:

Fingers crossed all the flags get located. Seem to be more than just those two when looking at replies. If ever 'this is why we can't have nice things' could be summed up in a couple of images.

I hope ol' twatto on the right feels every ounce of the shame I think I can see in his eyes as he realises he's getting his mugshot taken.

Excellent work as always from Wor Flags. :clap:Always a sight to behold. 

8 hours ago, Heron said:

That pic of Ghodoussi really means something to me like. I just find it really humble. There's a guy, who, could quite easily believe to be well above such an action as waving a 4 quid flag, that is coloured, has little, theoretical significance, but instead chooses to wave it so to feel a part of something more.

Edited by geordie_b

Not to forgive those idiots as it should be obvious, but what messaging is there in the ground about leaving the flags behind? Is there anything physically on the flags to say 'leave this where you found it'?

11 hours ago, Robster said:

I am sure it's been posted elsewhere but I love this photo.

amanda's created a monster. this lad has really fallen hard for the toon.

he'll have been in bed in his toon jarmas going on and on about the game last night just as amanda's trying to get to sleep.

It’s theft, plain and simple. I’d ban every single one of them if they don’t return them. Don’t buy this the bairn wanted it, you don’t go anywhere and lift something and excuse it by saying the bairn wanted it. 

15 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

It’s so weird people taking flags home, you can only assume they’re not regulars and don’t actually know who wore flags are.

Do they have “don’t not take home” stickers on at all?

Nar na. Don't really wanna go down this route either as labelling them would add to cost and time. Understand the suggestion though, people need to just not be knobs

13 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Not to forgive those idiots as it should be obvious, but what messaging is there in the ground about leaving the flags behind? Is there anything physically on the flags to say 'leave this where you found it'?

Nope. As mebtioned don't want to go down the route of individually labelling flags but like this suggestions of placards beside the doors and will use this feedback to take it to the group. Cheers :thup:

5 minutes ago, Heron said:

Nar na. Don't really wanna go down this route either as labelling them would add to cost and time. Understand the suggestion though, people need to just not be knobs

Wouldnt be a big cost to add a couple of stickers to the flag pole as opposed to attaching to the flag. Put it where the hand would be placed so that it would be clearly seen, could include the donation URL too

22 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Wouldnt be a big cost to add a couple of stickers to the flag pole as opposed to attaching to the flag. Put it where the hand would be placed so that it would be clearly seen, could include the donation URL too

TBH mate cost was the lesser of the two issues. These flags don't come on those poles and those particular poles weren't necessarily the correct lengths.

The group only consists of approximately 20 people and approximately 20 helpers of which we only really have half at any one given time (and that's being generous). It took 7 people 3 hours just to make up approximately 1k poles last Friday and then others had to go in all Sunday to put the poles in the seams then tape them.

Then we had to put them all out and run checks on the existing ones that were already out.

Granted it's a one off operation, but for the sake of half a dozen flags being knicked the cost and additional time wouldn't justify it kinda thing.

Don't mean to be dismissive btw. It's a good suggestion we just have to balance things out :thup:

Edited by Heron

Surely a few announcements over the PA should suffice.

Once when the flags get going , half time and after full time whistle and even on the big screen .

4 reminders not to take the flags home plus fans in the ground must see the people carry them out ? We can play a part too.Then after all that it’s just wanting theft. :dontknow:  these guys have enough to do without extra stickers .

5 hours ago, Heron said:

Nope. As mebtioned don't want to go down the route of individually labelling flags but like this suggestions of placards beside the doors and will use this feedback to take it to the group. Cheers :thup:

Can the club make a couple of announcements maybe?

‘Wor flags, not your flags.’