Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

1 minute ago, Heron said:

We can, but we need to be conscious of the fact we're kinda making it feel like every game is a big game, I feel. Nowt wrong with that to some degree, 3 points are 3 points. It just makes the 'big games' kinda more difficult to surpass the 'normal' ones.

Don't want fans thinking it's boring and getting fed up, so there's pressure on us to keep it fresh. 

Can’t see the fans thinking it’s boring. It’s a beautiful spectacle, it’s invigorating to see and really unites the team and fans, plus it sends a clear message of unity, passion and love of the club to the watching world. You folks are doing a fantastic job, keep it up 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

@Heron don't ever think we expect this every game mate , last thing fans would want is for you lot to feel like that.  The time,  effort and money involved is phenomenal and hugely appreciated by us all. 

Im sure most agree when they say do what you can , when you can. It's deffo not expected I'm my opinion. 

Edited by GWN

Truly amazing initiative this has become. Getting the flags all around the ground is a game-changer as well, makes it not just about hardcore gallowgate goers. 

Saw a kid near me absolutely ecstatic to be waving a flag before the game yesterday, lovely scenes. 

Also having Miggy wave one on the pitch was class. 

Can’t praise the flags crew enough really, there’s nothing like close to that in the PL. 

Amazing way of building unity in the stands for the players, brings a sense of community and feels like a throwback to a time when football was  less commercial and sanitised. It’s absolutely fucking class and makes me proud to be a fan 

Perhaps a couple of flags showing the league table after Bruce’s last game 3pts and 19th place to where we are now together with flag of Eddie and a few words about a new start/ hope and the future. Everyone had us down, that Bruce was doing just fine and we more or less just had to accept our lot. I think a little reminder of what has been achieved is warranted.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The flags, Movin’ On Up & Hey Jude with the lap of honour & team photo in the dressing room afterwards is making post-match an amazing experience. All combines to making every home win special.

Apart from the flags, individually,  everything else is such small thing and a simple thing, but putting them together has made such a difference in connecting the fans and the club.

So much time of my day now is spent thinking and daydreaming about the club :lol:

36 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Perhaps a couple of flags showing the league table after Bruce’s last game 3pts and 19th place to where we are now together with flag of Eddie and a few words about a new start/ hope and the future. Everyone had us down, that Bruce was doing just fine and we more or less just had to accept our lot. I think a little reminder of what has been achieved is warranted.

Or just a massive banner with: Not bad for a "fella from Bournemouth who got a team relegated"

Edited by TBG

Kelly might still be my favourite ever player and I suppose an underrated legend, would have loved to have been there to witness that.

A flag of Tino holding up the corner flag would be interesting, artistically, like a dream within a dream sort of thing.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Guest HTT II
8 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Soz for wonkyness. Phone in left hand, waving massive waver with me right

https://streamable.com/emg82q

That Kelly banner man :love: How must he have felt seeing that. That’s how you appreciate your former legends, heroes and icons Ashley you utter fat melt of a fat fucking cunt :rant:

@Heron in terms of your comments earlier about keeping it fresh, I think it’s been a good balance lately whereby the wavers have been a constant at each game, and then every now and then there’s the ‘one off’ banner added, for example the Kelly one yesterday, the Jimmy nail one takeover day, etc, which keeps it fresh in my opinion.

However you guys do a phenomenal job and I’m sure you will continue to smash it in future!

8 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Can’t see the fans thinking it’s boring. It’s a beautiful spectacle, it’s invigorating to see and really unites the team and fans, plus it sends a clear message of unity, passion and love of the club to the watching world. You folks are doing a fantastic job, keep it up 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

Cheers mate :thup:

6 hours ago, GWN said:

@Heron don't ever think we expect this every game mate , last thing fans would want is for you lot to feel like that.  The time,  effort and money involved is phenomenal and hugely appreciated by us all. 

Im sure most agree when they say do what you can , when you can. It's deffo not expected I'm my opinion. 

Nice to know, cheers. :thup:

I think we kinda get carried away and set ourselves high standards tbh. :lol:

The conversations in the group foe the remaining home games are interesting as ever :lol:

@HeronI'd like to re-enter my suggestion of an "In memoriam" banner, whereby we get a set of banners with players who have passed on.  Tote, Speed, Pav, SBR and obviously some of the greats from the past.

I'd love to see that.

38 minutes ago, NWMag said:

@Heron in terms of your comments earlier about keeping it fresh, I think it’s been a good balance lately whereby the wavers have been a constant at each game, and then every now and then there’s the ‘one off’ banner added, for example the Kelly one yesterday, the Jimmy nail one takeover day, etc, which keeps it fresh in my opinion.

However you guys do a phenomenal job and I’m sure you will continue to smash it in future!

Cheers mate! 

1 minute ago, STM said:

@HeronI'd like to re-enter my suggestion of an "In memoriam" banner, whereby we get a set of banners with players who have passed on.  Tote, Speed, Pav, SBR and obviously some of the greats from the past.

I'd love to see that.

Definitely think this is a good idea if not for a banner or whatever maybe for a display that's done once a season or something. :thup: will raise it again with the group, but if I'm honest I think it may not be until next season at the earliest now. 

Just now, Heron said:

Definitely think this is a good idea if not for a banner or whatever maybe for a display that's done once a season or something. :thup: will raise it again with the group, but if I'm honest I think it may not be until next season at the earliest now. 

Yeah, time is running out. Perhaps the anniversary of someone's passing would be appropriate.

Again, I'd echo what others have said, you guys have done a great job.

"Him that got Bournemouth relegated", is still a cracking tongue and cheek idea. 🤣 

Guest HTT II

If we stay up, which we will, the final home game, there needs to be some thank you type banner for Howe and his staff, never mind the players!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

If we stay up, which we will, the final home game, there needs to be some thank you type banner for Howe and his staff, never mind the players!

Its it a Monday night against Arsenal. Could be a cracking atmosphere under the lights.

I'd be happy if we just have a display of our great and good managers from the past and have Howe in there amongst them.

Keegan, SBR Rafa, perhaps even the late Roeder, chris Hughton and Howe..

The rest can fuck off.

Edited by nufcjb