Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Buzzing my tits off getting to wave a flag today like. :lol: got to give it to a young lad in front of me whose first game it was when the VAR call was made too, which was a brilliant moment. These guys are just incredible, will be donating again. SJP is magnificent atm. 

(kNoCk iT dOwN)

:clap:

so proud to have this lot associated with our club. selfless living legends who work their bollocks off to make the matchday experience infinitely better for everyone.

would love to buy each and every one of them a pint.

Personally, whilst I enjoyed the display from photos I've seen I think it looked a little unbalanced because the image was too small. Easy to say in retrospect like. Still decent. Thanks for the comments as always folk. 

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Personally, whilst I enjoyed the display from photos I've seen I think it looked a little unbalanced because the image was too small. Easy to say in retrospect like. Still decent. Thanks for the comments as always folk. 

I think for those who understood the reference they didnt need the image, the memories the quote triggered was enough. For those who didnt then the image wouldnt have helped anyway. Id maybe have just had the date, game, score and goal minute above instead perhaps with a flag of their shirt and number

Could be the start of a series of similar match commentaries or quotes that could get the crowd going.

"On a day where Newcastle would have taken one nil, here they are looking for number 5........ Phillipe Alberrrrrtttttt!!!!"

“Bobby Robson does a jig of delight on the touchline & then remembers he’s nearly 69!”

Deffo needs to be the first of a series of iconic commentaries, like! Assumed that was the idea? I didn't even know this one (not that that mattered) but there's endless opportunities. 

I loved the reference to the goal and that he was there himself today to see it.
I think that goal means more to me than any other. The impact was so great, I can still remember today how I felt once the celebrations died down. The relief.... just can't put it into words.

Edited by Robster

5 hours ago, huss9 said:

worflags educating the younger generation.

magnificant.

my kids asked me who the fella on the flag was and what the banner meant. cue a 2 minute prematch lecture.

had to tell my youngun anarl

“ it’s deader than a dead thing from dead land “

would be a great banner for Wednesday night , in reference to Simon Jordan , former Palace owners comments on our takeover this season on Talksport 

5 hours ago, geordie_b said:

I think for those who understood the reference they didnt need the image, the memories the quote triggered was enough. For those who didnt then the image wouldnt have helped anyway. Id maybe have just had the date, game, score and goal minute above instead perhaps with a flag of their shirt and number

Could be the start of a series of similar match commentaries or quotes that could get the crowd going.

"On a day where Newcastle would have taken one nil, here they are looking for number 5........ Phillipe Alberrrrrtttttt!!!!"

“Bobby Robson does a jig of delight on the touchline & then remembers he’s nearly 69!”

Hopefully for the Liverpool game, not

"Collymore closing iiiinnnnnnnn..."

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Deffo needs to be the first of a series of iconic commentaries, like! Assumed that was the idea? I didn't even know this one (not that that mattered) but there's endless opportunities. 

“Bobby Robson does a jig of delight on the touch line, and then remembers he’s nearly 69!”

3 hours ago, GWN said:

“ it’s deader than a dead thing from dead land “

would be a great banner for Wednesday night , in reference to Simon Jordan , former Palace owners comments on our takeover this season on Talksport 

Would prefer something referencing palaces drum and ultras tbh. Embarrassing cunts

Add summit about that arselicker on twitter as well

Edited by jack j

8 minutes ago, LV said:

@HeronYou lot are brilliant mate.

What a spectacle! You think you can keep this going??

We can, but we need to be conscious of the fact we're kinda making it feel like every game is a big game, I feel. Nowt wrong with that to some degree, 3 points are 3 points. It just makes the 'big games' kinda more difficult to surpass the 'normal' ones.

Don't want fans thinking it's boring and getting fed up, so there's pressure on us to keep it fresh.