Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Eh? Have I missed something there? I thought Heron and his mates started it?

pretty sure True Faith had some involvement at the start when it was called Gallowgate Flags. then apparently there was a falling out because Alex wanted a surfer flag with his face on. so the group splintered and the non-Tories had to start again under the name Wor Flags.

30 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Eh? Have I missed something there? I thought Heron and his mates started it?

Nar na was originally Alex Hurst and Michael Martin when we went down. The club needed arses on seats and they set about getting likeminded fans. Helped get it off the deck to be fair to them, and I won't go into the rest as it serves no purpose, but basically Wor Flags os night and day from Gallowgate Flags. 

That looks absolutely class, best yet. Fucking unreal these lads. On a side note, my brother in law sent me some photos of ibrox today. They had people wearing red white and blue ponchos the entire game. Looked class and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that at a game. 

1 hour ago, AJ9 said:

That looks absolutely class, best yet. Fucking unreal these lads. On a side note, my brother in law sent me some photos of ibrox today. They had people wearing red white and blue ponchos the entire game. Looked class and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that at a game. 

The displays are magnficent. Just a little gripe, but was that a couple of sheets from the displays on the pitch during the match? If so, they should be removed at a break in play.

Our last 8 at home, which I think is back to the Norwich game with the sending off.

Newcastle Utd  P8 W4 D3 L1 F10 A9 GD+1  Pts 15.

That's sixth best in the league, over what is getting on for half (42%) of the season at home.

Just now, Stottie said:

The displays are magnficent. Just a little gripe, but was that a couple of sheets from the displays on the pitch during the match? If so, they should be removed at a break in play.

Our last 8 at home, which I think is back to the Norwich game with the sending off.

Newcastle Utd  P8 W4 D3 L1 F10 A9 GD+1  Pts 15.

That's sixth best in the league, over what is getting on for half (42%) of the season at home.

bit of a misery guts, but i dont like the shiny material. sheets get left on the steps and a couple of times i thought a codger was about to slip on one.

I feared the ones on the pitch were a distraction for the players. I remembered that time the Mackems conceded to a shot that deflected off a balloon. The ref should have disallowed it, but didn't know the rules.

3 hours ago, Stottie said:

I feared the ones on the pitch were a distraction for the players. I remembered that time the Mackems conceded to a shot that deflected off a balloon. The ref should have disallowed it, but didn't know the rules.

Scored against Liverpool after a scouser had thrown it onto the pitch. We all know about the famous kop sucking the ball in, this was a rare own goal from their fanbase 

5 hours ago, huss9 said:

bit of a misery guts, but i dont like the shiny material. sheets get left on the steps and a couple of times i thought a codger was about to slip on one.

Not to mention it’s absolutely honking for the environment :lol:

Mint display mind, I become more and more speechless with their dedication after every display.

Aye, the environmental aspect has been mentioned in the group as well tbf. Problem is to do such displays there's not much choice, people aren't 'militant' enough to do what Rangers do and wear ponchos and card wpuld probably cost a fortune and aldo not be the most environmentally friendly (albeit it would be better than plastic). 

6 hours ago, Heron said:

Aye, the environmental aspect has been mentioned in the group as well tbf. Problem is to do such displays there's not much choice, people aren't 'militant' enough to do what Rangers do and wear ponchos and card wpuld probably cost a fortune and aldo not be the most environmentally friendly (albeit it would be better than plastic). 

Mate spot on, and to be fair I think the Rangers thing was 100% funded by the club. Also it was their 150 anniversary so not like it was an every match occurrence. Just saw the pics and thought it looked good as it seemed to be worn throughout the game. Anyway, I didn’t mean to bring it up as a “this is what GF should be doing” I was just having a back and forth recently waxing lyrical about our displays and my brother in law showed me that. You guys are doing amazing. It being so much pride to see the stadium in a riot of flags! 

Just now, AJ9 said:

Mate spot on, and to be fair I think the Rangers thing was 100% funded by the club. Also it was their 150 anniversary so not like it was an every match occurrence. Just saw the pics and thought it looked good as it seemed to be worn throughout the game. Anyway, I didn’t mean to bring it up as a “this is what GF should be doing” I was just having a back and forth recently waxing lyrical about our displays and my brother in law showed me that. You guys are doing amazing. It being so much pride to see the stadium in a riot of flags! 

WF not GF! This debate has even got me going on about Gallowgate flags 😬