Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Bet the bloke who donated 1k of the money his toon daft grandad left him was over the moon :)

And so he should be as well. Would have been quite emotional for him I'd imagine to see how his money had been spent as well as the time and effort put in by all the volunteers. Was a privilege to be a part of that yesterday (I was waving one of the huge flags) and very satisfying to see the photos and videos of it on the internet today as when you're amongst it you don't really appreciate how good it looks.

Cheers for doing that yesterday mate. It's true. We only get to see it on the Internet and in the pub but it's worth every second if the team put in performances like yesterday and the fans do too.

Went up to The North Terrace before the game and walked with the group to SJP. Was a fucking great day and my mates who support other clubs had a great time joining in with the craic. :lol: Honestly what these lads have done is unreal.

Whatever happened to Leazes Flags btw? Just not as good?

Lack of volunteers. Lack of people prepared to participate. Tbf it was never going to work in the Leazes End. They're not the most enthusiastic of folk in there and that's putting it mildly.

They're still going as far as I know. They had to cancel their last few planned displays for H&S reasons but said they'd be back next season.

They're still going as far as I know. They had to cancel their last few planned displays for H&S reasons but said they'd be back next season.

Something to do with storage of the flags. Were storing at the club but are having to find somewhere to keep them according to Twitter. Will be back next season.

Lack of volunteers. Lack of people prepared to participate. Tbf it was never going to work in the Leazes End. They're not the most enthusiastic of folk in there and that's putting it mildly.

God you're a complete dickhead.

God you're a complete dickhead.

You're actually one of the miserable dickheads I am referring to so I totally understand why you've taken offence.

:ructions:

Girls. Calm doon.

I'm just explaining why the Leazes flags group has never taken off and never will. Miserable bastards like mickthemagpie will whinge on that they can't see the players coming out the tunnel and attitudes like that are in the majority in that stand.

47116565.jpg

Call it a generalisation if you like but I'm right and a flags group will never get going in that stand. The few of them who have tried to get it going with no success would be better advised to move to the Gallowgate and join in/help with their displays because they're pissing into the wind trying to get something like that going in the Leazes.

I don't see why it couldn't take off in the Leazes eventually. I don't think people don't want to create an atmosphere, they just don't want to be the first to stand up and start a song.

Even in the Gallowgate it's always been a very small section that makes all the noise.

Guest firetotheworks

I could have sworn that slagging off fans was one of Wallsend Mag's big no noes when anyone else did it. [emoji38] Nice to know it's okay now.

I could have sworn that slagging off fans was one of Wallsend Mag's big no noes when anyone else did it. [emoji38] Nice to know it's okay now.

You can when it's justified. I also had a pop at the fans for their reaction to the West Brom defeat the other week. You must have missed it.