Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

1 hour ago, Big River said:

feel like I'm always shitting on the PA bloke :lol: but he was rubbish again last night.

started the scarf waving too early.

poor timings and crap choice of music pre and post match.

a half-time poem ffs.

announcing the score before each scorer.

it's criticism, but coming from a good place, we're so close to having something really really special. just don't think he ever helps our cause.

It was the same poem that got read out at the Leeds game at half time too. “For those who missed it or only heard half of it”. 

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

Was good seeing you before the game. Guessing you had started early 🍻🙂

Bit of feedback for the lads. Thought the surfer got dispersed too early. Keep it up so players can see it walking out the tunnel.

Loved the promoting of the scarfs. I gave my testimonial ticket away so was never there for Shearer game which I obviously regret whenever I see the footage 🙂 Made a great spectacle.

Aye it was set off far too early last night like. Will mention it in the group.

Started at 6 but had 4 pints in an hour and a half so was probably a bit tipsy :lol:

19 hours ago, Scoot said:

We need to start, as the players come out rather than whilst they're in the tunnel. Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of this from wor flags side of things and not sure if they're told they have to start at a specific time, so I'm certainly not having a go here.

Nar it wasn't the intention for it to be up and down so early. Just a bit of nerves and excitement I reckon. Despite it maybe appearing well versed we tend to shit ourselves before every display :lol:

Edited by Heron

24 minutes ago, Heron said:

Nar it wasn't the intention for it to be up and down so early. Just a bit of nevlrves and excitement I reckon. Despite it maybe appearing well versed we tend to shit ourselves before every display :lol:

To be fair I think you can blame the announcer guy for that. He definitely got everyone waving scarves/flags at a least a couple of minutes earlier than normal. 

21 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Alan Robson used to go "May the best team win....and we all know who that is"

Remember wondering if he'd do it against the mackems, being part of his audience, to his credit he only did.

Yeah that's right actually. The announcer told everyone to do it, do it's his fault.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Any idea why he's reading it?

I think one of our fans wrote it and sent it in. Potentially someone who’s now passed away. Not too sure tbh I was pissed at the Leeds game when he first read it. 

Question to wor flags or anyone on this thread for that matter.

Has anyone asked nufc trust/wor flags to bring to the club's attention a signing section/safe standing? Too many fans now sit on their hands and are as miserable as sin. Granted not everyone wants this but why not stick it out in a ballot asking for fans who want to stand and get these put together. The club NEED to overide fans decision who say oh this is my seat for years etc etc. If they too stubborn to move to help a better atmosphere to match the plsyers intensity then they don't have the club at interest.

The fact that a hundred lads in strawberry corner can get stadium at times going why not get 4k together. This club needs this. Imagine the prosfect of a top side at home in Europe, we simply have to match the players!!

Anything we can do to push this?

29 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Has anyone asked nufc trust/wor flags to bring to the club's attention a signing section/safe standing? Too many fans now sit on their hands and are as miserable as sin. Granted not everyone wants this but why not stick it out in a ballot asking for fans who want to stand and get these put together. The club NEED to overide fans decision who say oh this is my seat for years etc etc. If they too stubborn to move to help a better atmosphere to match the plsyers intensity then they don't have the club at interest.

The fact that a hundred lads in strawberry corner can get stadium at times going why not get 4k together. This club needs this. Imagine the prosfect of a top side at home in Europe, we simply have to match the players!!

tbf thats really what the Trust should be there for. they need to step up.

worflags shouldnt be under any pressure to become some kind of pressure group - not fair on them.

22 hours ago, Danh1 said:

It was the same poem that got read out at the Leeds game at half time too. “For those who missed it or only heard half of it”. 

Unpopular opinion possibly but I think all of this twee flat cap/growing leeks in your garden stuff is absolutely bollocks.

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

Unpopular opinion possibly but I think all of this twee flat cap/growing leeks in your garden stuff is absolutely bollocks.

its not uplifting or inspirational - just fucking small time.

what is a geordie? we all know what a geordie is. we dont need telling how great we are. and the rest of the world arent bothered.

once on a special occasion was enough but getting it repeated was fucking ridiculous and self-indulgent.

really put a downer on things.

Edited by huss9

Just now, huss9 said:

its not uplifting or inspirational - just fucking small time.

what is a geordie? we all know what a geordie is. we dont need telling how great we are. and the rest of the world arent bothered.

once on a special occasion was enough but getting it repeated was fucking ridiculous and self-indulgent.

really put a downer on things.

Something you’d expect at Anfield not SJP 

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

tbf thats really what the Trust should be there for. they need to step up.

worflags shouldnt be under any pressure to become some kind of pressure group - not fair on them.

Agree mate who the Trust cam acknowledge it, massive part of our future.

8 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

I will mention this to one or two folk because I think it's something we've mentioned to our contacts previously but not sure on it's status,etc.

I don't think it's for us to manage with the club, it's probably for the trust, but I'd think we can maybe help persuade or demonstrate why it'd benefit.

5 minutes ago, Heron said:

I will mention this to one or two folk because I think it's something we've mentioned to our contacts previously but not sure on it's status,etc.

I don't think it's for us to manage with the club, it's probably for the trust, but I'd think we can maybe help persuade or demonstrate why it'd benefit.

The trust might get round to it once they’ve held a few meetings and stroked their egos.