Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

4 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Never ceases to amaze me the slightest things that irritate people these days. It's a flag ffs. It doesn't belong to you and you had nothing to do with the manufacture of it so don't let it bother you. As long it it hasn't got a racist or any other gesture that can cause offence, what does it matter? The more flags the better.

You can't just expect everyone to sit on their hands from now on in and let Wor Flags do everything, nor would they want to.

You'll do for me bonny lad.

8 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Never ceases to amaze me the slightest things that irritate people these days. It's a flag ffs. It doesn't belong to you and you had nothing to do with the manufacture of it so don't let it bother you. As long it it hasn't got a racist or any other gesture that can cause offence, what does it matter? The more flags the better.

You can't just expect everyone to sit on their hands from now on in and let Wor Flags do everything, nor would they want to.

I find it offensive that they make Sir Bobby Robson look like the God of the Nonces 

18 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

If its got nowt to do with you then why do you care what it says? Racist, offensive or cringe.

Because everything a group of fans does reflects upon that group. Its embarrassing. Less so than Racist stuff, obviously, but still...

18 minutes ago, Jimburst said:

If its got nowt to do with you then why do you care what it says? Racist, offensive or cringe.

Because everything a group of fans does reflects upon that group. Its embarrassing. Less so than Racist stuff, obviously, but still...

If its racist or carries another offensive slogan(s) then clearly it's a problem. Surprised I needed to explain that but there you go.

My point is that we have the biggest load of whining fannies in our fanbase these days who are just falling over themsleves to get outraged or embarassed about literally anything and nothing. I just find it bizarre behaviour.

I can still remember the days when we didn't give a fuck what others thought of us. Our fanbase was better back then imo.

28 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

If its racist or carries another offensive slogan(s) then clearly it's a problem. Surprised I needed to explain that but there you go.

My point is that we have the biggest load of whining fannies in our fanbase these days who are just falling over themsleves to get outraged or embarassed about literally anything and nothing. I just find it bizarre behaviour.

I can still remember the days when we didn't give a fuck what others thought of us. Our fanbase was better back then imo.

1493477674_Untitled1.thumb.jpg.80573dcb8066390e0f53ff49f411f8fc.jpg

26 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

A load of whining Fannie’s getting offended over everything because flags displaying Bobby Robson talking to Eddie Howe from beyond the grave irritates me. Areet then. :lol:

My comment about leaving it to Wor Flags was tongue in cheek. It’s great seeing everyone getting behind the team and showing passion in various ways.

London is going to be quality and I’ve seen on Twitter people have ordered flares and smoke bombs etc which I reckon will look class, but some of the flags (in my opinion of course) are cringeworthy and the whole point of a message board is to surely express opinion. If I seen it in person I wouldn’t give a shite and certainly wouldn’t go out of my way to pass comment.

I also get irritated by knackers without a dook of an idea how to comport themselves public-wise.  I’ll add myself happily to the ‘stop making weird flags with St Bobby of County Durham talking to one of his successors from behind a cloud like the baby in Teletubbies you oddball fuckers’ crowd.  Yes, they’re free to do so.  But it’s fucking cringeworthy. 

Funnily enough it's about what I think of our fanbase that matters to me. If I don't like something and think someone's doing our fanbase a disservice, I'll say. No different to the swathes of people who have plenty to say about Adam P, Steve Wraith, Alex Hurst and the horse puncher. Or thought that the things SackPardew and AshleyOut did was embarrassing. Or obsesses over Sunderland and their attendance figures. Or have plenty to say about rainbow laces, taking the knee, or a player not wearing a poppy.

Presumably the irony of getting bent out of shape over other people having an opinion on something is completely lost when it's something you're not personally arsed about.

Edited by Kid Icarus

33 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Funnily enough it's about what I think of our fanbase that matters to me. If I don't like something and think someone's doing our fanbase a disservice, I'll say. No different to the swathes of people who have plenty to say about Adam P, Steve Wraith, Alex Hurst and the horse puncher. Or thought that the things SackPardew and AshleyOut did was embarrassing. Or obsesses over Sunderland and their attendance figures. Or have plenty to say about rainbow laces, taking the knee, or a player not wearing a poppy.

Presumably the irony of getting bent out of shape over other people having an opinion on something is completely lost when it's something you're not personally arsed about.

Thankfully there wasn't any places such as this or twitter, facebook etc when we last made a Final in the 90s which meant no flag police and we all went down there and just had a good time. No crying on about what some stranger was doing. Better times.

34 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I feel like there’s definitely a difference between some knacker taking a stupid flag down to Wembley that 99% of people will never see and some daft cunt decked out in black and white punching a police horse on video that makes national news on derby day.

53 minutes ago, NE28 said:

I feel like there’s definitely a difference between some knacker taking a stupid flag down to Wembley that 99% of people will never see and some daft cunt decked out in black and white punching a police horse on video that makes national news on derby day.

Sure, but contempt for either is not mutually exclusive :) 

55 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Thankfully there wasn't any places such as this or twitter, facebook etc when we last made a Final in the 90s which meant no flag police and we all went down there and just had a good time. No crying on about what some stranger was doing. Better times.

Tbf WM it wasn’t as easy to produce a flag that wasn’t a union flag / St George’s cross with ‘[insert part of Tyneside] Mags’ written across the middle of it.

Don’t get me wrong, most of what I’m writing is completely tongue-in-cheek, but I reserve the right to eye-roll at some of it.  If you saw someone on an away coach pull some of them flags out there’s no way a piss-take wouldn’t follow

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

:lol: amazing

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Tbf WM it wasn’t as easy to produce a flag that wasn’t a union flag / St George’s cross with ‘[insert part of Tyneside] Mags’ written across the middle of it.

Don’t get me wrong, most of what I’m writing is completely tongue-in-cheek, but I reserve the right to eye-roll at some of it.  If you saw someone on an away coach pull some of them flags out there’s no way a piss-take wouldn’t follow

As it happens there was what some people on here would describe as a "dubious" flag on my bus down to Southampton the other week. The lad (maybe 18 or 19) had it hanging from his window all the way down there and I don't think it received a single comment, negative or otherwise. I'd imagine people just saw it for what it was, a NUFC related flag.

When you're off to a match, especially an important one, things like flags or who is singing what tends to pale into insignificance. It's certainly not what people are focussing on anyway.

10 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

As it happens there was what some people on here would describe as a "dubious" flag on my bus down to Southampton the other week. The lad (maybe 18 or 19) had it hanging from his window all the way down there and I don't think it received a single comment, negative or otherwise. I'd imagine people just saw it for what it was, a NUFC related flag.

When you're off to a match, especially an important one, things like flags or who is singing what tends to pale into insignificance. It's certainly not what people are focussing on anyway.

Aye, fair enough.  This is all minor stuff in the grand scheme of things; I see the flag talk as a bit of piss-taking fun tbh.

edit: if I was off to the match it wouldn’t cross my mind for a second - this is all crack between matches.  The one bit of piss-taking about a flag I do remember was away to Blackburn many years ago where one lad on the coach had a B&W Union flag with an SR postcode on it.  The flag got comedy boos and piss taking when that was noticed 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Wor Flags want to develop a culture whereby people take their own scarves and flags and demonstrate their own version of support. So long as it's inoffensive, it's not an issue to me - personally.

I might find them shite or cringe but not everyone can be a designer, not everyone can afford new flags, whatever. That Big Sam's Black and White Army was painted on my drive and looked utter shite but was some late teens with 0 experience, money or expertise trying to make a difference.

What matters to me is that we're 100% louder and 100% more visual on the 3 hours or so whilst the game takes place, that we're the cliché 12th man. Whether that be face paints, smoke bombs, cringe flags or belter surfers, if we do our bit on the day I don't give a shit. The players will absolutely be doing theirs, so we MUST do ours.

Edited by Heron

Also don't get this whole desire to remove some particular songs sung by our lot. Everyone laps up the massive songbook of Man United and Liverpool as they sing about their history yet us singing about the PLs greatest every striker turning down the PLs greatest ever club for love and loyalty is cringe? Give owa.

If anything it's exactly what epitomises us and probably will no longer if we continue on this trajectory. Local fans (and some non local) of a local club who understand that once you pick Newcastle, you've picked Newcastle. Not just supported the best, easiest team to follow.

People laugh when we sing about our old players because apparently it's living in the past - what a load of shite. Our history is what's made us what we are. We absolutely should celebrate it and not sing the same standard bullshit every other set of fans sing with the exclusion of changing team names. I really don't get this whole desire to be cool to be honest, just have fun, back your team, who gives a fuck.

Hey ho, rant over.

6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I always assume every fanbase is basically the same. Mostly fine with a smattering of knackers. I imagine we’re no better or worse than anyone else. 

Mostly knackers with a smattering of fine. Football supporters are a good reflection of the general public.